Trash TV Megathread...

Mac8111

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I’m not liking everyone being from various franchises as much as S1 when they were mostly singletons. The Housewives are a power block. We watch the UK and AU versions too.

It’s always fun to watch the weekly witch hunt against the banishee.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

Vice has been running a show called Sex Before the Internet lately. Next week's episode is on Girls Gone Wild, we'll see if ol' boy @henrygandorf makes an appearance. 

i spoke to a couple of producers over the phone last spring but passed on being involved further, like all the others.  i get one about every 6 months. 

dug up the email...

Hi HG,

My name is Leila, I know you previously spoke with my colleague Claudia regarding the Girls Gone Wild episode we are working on for the S2 of Sex Before the Internet. I wanted to know if you would be free on Friday or early next week to chat with me on the phone.

I read Claudia's phone call notes with you and have seen Woodstock 99. I know the Limp Bizkit part you mentioned on your call with her and wanting to talk about GGW as part of the symptom of the time; I'm definitely keen on really hammering that home and expanding on the rise of tech, video and sexuality in the episode. I think you provide great insights on that  and would love to chat further with you.

I'm free all day this Friday except from 2-3pm pst, and Monday and Tuesday except noon-2pm pst.

Let me know when you are available within any of those times and I can ring you!

Thank you again,

Leila 

initially it was part of a different series.  i received this email in 2021:

I hope this email finds you safe and well. My name is Cassie - I'm an associate producer interested in speaking with you for an episode I'm producing on Girls Gone Wild - specifically how it became one of the most successful programs of the decade. This is the second season of a hit series for Vice TV called Dark Side of the 90's.  It's a 10X60 documentary series that looks at specific cultural phenomenon of the decade - like this show - whose story continues to fascinate people in 2021. The series is produced by Insight Productions in Canada and Railsplitter Pictures in New York, and airs on Vice TV.

The 'Dark Side' format is an extremely successful one, and includes the original 'Dark Side of the Ring' along with 'Dark Side of Comedy' and 'Dark Side of Football'. This series is a celebration of the 90s – the good and the bad - and I don't think we can have that discussion without including the tremendous impact Girls Gone Wild had.

I’d love to speak to you to learn more about this - can I set up a time for you to chat with the episode producer and hear more about what we’re hoping to do?

Ultimately, we would love an on-camera interview with you, exploring these topics as well as your personal thoughts and memories of the program.

Attached here is a brief showcase of the topics and talent from our first season:  

https://vimeo.com/609922638/92660f1c86