So, can we have a male pattern baldness thread

Gil Bang

I have always figured that if there truly was a silver bullet to prevent or reverse balding that Jeff Bezos would have hair.  

When you have Bezos' dough, hair doesn't matter.  Pussy falls from trees. 

If there was a real and legit way to reverse/stop balding, the vain dudes on this site would already have it because it would have already been fast tracked through the FDA and prescriptions would be filling themselves.

The only silver bullet is to not give a fuck.
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 3

I don't see bald men that don't look elderly that often out in the real world, but half of this website is Bruce Willis apparently!
If you go full-on shave the head bald, it's pretty much mandatory you have to be in shape. Fat and Bald is a killer combo.

Fat with a horseshoe, combover, hairpiece look any better?
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, DonkeyCigars said:

I don't see bald men that don't look elderly that often out in the real world, but half of this website is Bruce Willis apparently!

If you go full-on shave the head bald, it's pretty much mandatory you have to be in shape. Fat and Bald is a killer combo.

Elderly?  Older, full-grown, mature, fine. Not passing for 25 anymore, fine. Elderly?  Mmmm, fuck you.  What are you, 12?

Edited by TwiceHorn

8 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Elderly?  Older, full-grown, mature, fine. Not passing for 25 anymore, fine. Elderly?  Mmmm, fuck you.  What are you, 12?

No offense because I literally mean if I am out in public I see maybe one baldie in the wild out of the hundreds of people I see aged 25-65 years old.

Unless, there are so many that I have become bald-blind to them and my brain doesn't register it.

Also one of the most iconic bald looks of the last 30 years screams IDGAF. But yea, when you create Seinfeld you can pretty much look like whatever you want.

Also this is a good reminder as we are 6 weeks from halloween to watch the iconic "Bald F**k" episode of Curb

Larry David - Wikipedia

• Hook 'Em 1

42 minutes ago, Hefeweizen said:

All 3?  Challenge accepted.

Calma careca.

about 10 years ago I worked with this guy who was at the time in his 50s (I was in my mid 30s).  He wore a rug, and everyone knew it.  One day when him and I were the only ones in the bay of cubes all us project planners sat in, he comes up to me and quietly says "You know, I am as bald as you are".  Well no shit, but I just played surprised.  He then told me he could give me the website where he bought his "system".  Yeah, he called it a system.  "No thanks, I am good", I told him.  One day he shows up and his system has frosted tips.  My friends and I almost die.  At lunch we discussed whether he ordered a new system with frost tips, or if he had to mail in his system to get it done up like that.

Fuck...I can not imagine being that vain or insecure.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, Patricio Swayze said:

Calma careca.

about 10 years ago I worked with this guy who was at the time in his 50s (I was in my mid 30s).  He wore a rug, and everyone knew it.  One day when him and I were the only ones in the bay of cubes all us project planners sat in, he comes up to me and quietly says "You know, I am as bald as you are".  Well no shit, but I just played surprised.  He then told me he could give me the website where he bought his "system".  Yeah, he called it a system.  "No thanks, I am good", I told him.  One day he shows up and his system has frosted tips.  My friends and I almost die.  At lunch we discussed whether he ordered a new system with frost tips, or if he had to mail in his system to get it done up like that.

Fuck...I can not imagine being that vain or insecure.

I knew a guy in law school.  Really nice guy, but sporting a rug.  At the time, I was merely receding, but I had become conscious of what people did (rug, shave, buzz, etc.).  Toward the end of the semester, when everyone was getting ramped up for exams, the mismatch between his longish real hair and the rug would become pretty obvious and after you saw that, you couldn't unsee it.

I wasn't at the point of having to figure out what to do, but that made it pretty clear a rug was not a reasonable solution.  But I felt kind of sorry for him.  I think, but am not sure he was early-mid 20s.  No one ever said anything, even behind his back, cuz he was that nice a guy.

I think maybe if you have it "groomed" nearly daily like some of the hollywood people do, it can look pretty realistic.  Gotta be short all around, too.

Edited by TwiceHorn

7 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

I knew a guy in law school.  Really nice guy, but sporting a rug.  At the time, I was merely receding, but I had become conscious of what people did (rug, shave, buzz, etc.).  Toward the end of the semester, when everyone was getting ramped up for exams, the mismatch between his longish real hair and the rug would become pretty obvious and after you saw that, you couldn't unsee it.

I wasn't at the point of having to figure out what to do, but that made it pretty clear a rug was not a reasonable solution.  But I felt kind of sorry for him.  I think, but am not sure he was early-mid 20s.  No one ever said anything, even behind his back, cuz he was that nice a guy.

I think maybe if you have it "groomed" nearly daily like some of the hollywood people do, it can look pretty realistic.  Gotta be short all around, too.

Who are these Hollywood celebrities sporting fake hair and wigs so good we can't tell? Do you have a listicle to share?

I did finasteride and rogaine together for a while after using only rogaine for years. About 6 months into using both, I actually started growing back in some hair I had lost. Doctor told me that almost everyone would hold their own using both and that about half would see some new growth. I then asked him why he had a huge bald spot. He said "I would never use finasteride; that shit has a small chance of making your dick stop working and any damage is irreversible. Here are some citations for peer-reviewed articles." I went home and read the articles--then threw the finasteride in the trash.

Still use rogaine (actually the Kirkland brand) twice daily and it is no trouble. I wish I could have stayed on both treatments and I feel I am only slowing the inevitable now, but I can't bring myself to shave it all off because 1). I have a hot young wife; 2). I have three places on my head where I had to get stitched back up and I suspect I will look like Frankenstein if I go hairless.

But seriously, read up on the finasteride. The risk is small--but it scared me.  

9 hours ago, DonkeyCigars said:

No offense because I literally mean if I am out in public I see maybe one baldie in the wild out of the hundreds of people I see aged 25-65 years old.

Unless, there are so many that I have become bald-blind to them and my brain doesn't register it.

Also one of the most iconic bald looks of the last 30 years screams IDGAF. But yea, when you create Seinfeld you can pretty much look like whatever you want.

Also this is a good reminder as we are 6 weeks from halloween to watch the iconic "Bald F**k" episode of Curb

Larry David - Wikipedia

What’s your point? That being bald makes Larry David old? He’s old because he’s 73. I think if he shaved off his hair, he would look closer to 60, at least based on that photo.

10 hours ago, DonkeyCigars said:

_______ and fat is a bad combo.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

• 1 year later...