2020 Texas Football Season Thread: Win or GTFO

texifornia

My unpopular opinion is that this team spends too much time on social media, telling the world how hard they grind. I know this is CFB today, but maybe they should spend less time talking about work and more time putting in work. Those lil bullshit videos and tweets are cute, but then you give up 55 points to Tech and get sacked on 3 man rushes.

Plus this program hasn't won a conference title in 10 years!

But then the players are a by product of the Head coach. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Fuck You 1

18 minutes ago, Brothahorn said:

My unpopular opinion is that this team spends too much time on social media, telling the world how hard they grind. I know this is CFB today, but maybe they should spend less time talking about work and more time putting in work. Those lil bullshit videos and tweets are cute, but then you give up 55 points to Tech and get sacked on 3 man rushes.

Plus this program hasn't won a conference title in 10 years!

But then the players are a by product of the Head coach. 

They are on social media no more than the teams they routinely underperform against.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Brothahorn said:

All the more reason to reason to spend less time on social media and more time on football. Unless, they're content to struggle against mediocre teams.

Or, and this might be a wild thought, the two things are completely uncorrelated and yet people just want them desperately to be, because it's one of the few things regular fans can get a full view of.

• Hook 'Em 5

OU sucks and all, but the 2018 OU team won the conference despite winning games 59-56, 48-47, 55-40 (Kansas), 51-46, and losing 48-45.

The good news is it appears Texas can score at will when allowed to by the coaches (less runs on first down please) despite playing without three of the four top receivers for most of the game.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Hopefully our receivers are healthy because soon teams are gonna bracket Moore. We need Kirk Whittington back and smith real bad.  Also I guess I can take solace in the if the rumors that yurich wasn’t at the game and herman called plays that atrocious play calling won’t happen again. Who knows. We should mudhole TCU. Should. But I dunno. I’d kill for Techs receivers 

Hopefully our receivers are healthy because soon teams are gonna bracket Moore. We need Kirk Whittington back and smith real bad.  Also I guess I can take solace in the if the rumors that yurich wasn’t at the game and herman called plays that atrocious play calling won’t happen again. Who knows. We should mudhole TCU. Should. But I dunno. I’d kill for Techs receivers 
.giphy.gif?cid=349c9dd7w4onjm1q6nr7gfpnl38kczb7khuf89g414fuv7a3&rid=giphy.gif
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Istian said:

I know they're kids, I know it was a huge deficit and they played well in the last 3 minutes...but this bothers me.

Yeah, you think Bama or Clemson are celebrating like they won the championship after playing like absolute shit for 57 minutes?  I doubt Saban or Dabo would stand for that.  

2 minutes ago, jinx said:

Yeah, you think Bama or Clemson are celebrating like they won the championship after playing like absolute shit for 57 minutes?  I doubt Saban or Dabo would stand for that.  

We aren’t Bama or Clemson, Jesus Christ.   We just saved our season and the big12ccg and CFP is still in front of us. Let them celebrate. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 3

Just now, Xcalibur said:

We aren’t Bama or Clemson, Jesus Christ.   We just saved our season and the big12ccg and CFP is still in front of us. Let them celebrate. 

Yeah I guess I should have explained my statement further. They absolutely deserve to celebrate, but my rage about the fact that they almost lost is making it difficult for me to be excited about winning. 

• Hook 'Em 2

7 minutes ago, jinx said:

Do you think a 2008 Bama or a 2013 Clemson team would feel “above” celebrating an incredibly improbable comeback?