BIG is getting embarrassing

BurntOrange&White

9 minutes ago, mdmost said:

But remember, Texas' greed and wanting everything on their terms was the real issue with the Big 12 breaking up. The saintly Cornhuskers just wanted things fair for everyone. 

And the Mayo Clinic doctor we found on Twitter.   Don’t forget about that 

3 minutes ago, JFKFC said:

I don't care about your politics or who you will vote for in November. If the thought of Nebraska not playing a down of football in 2020, while desperately suing the Big 10 conference, doesn't make you ecstatic, get the furk of this board.

I personally think the Big 10’s refusal to look at this issue again and dig in for reasons other than player safety is pretty disgusting. That being said, I do derive enjoyment from watching Nebraska’s misery during this. The way they stomped out of the conference like a three year old not getting their way? Seriously. Fuck them. 

• Hook 'Em 4

2 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

I personally think the Big 10’s refusal to look at this issue again and dig in for reasons other than player safety is pretty disgusting. That being said, I do derive enjoyment from watching Nebraska’s misery during this. The way they stomped out of the conference like a three year old not getting their way? Seriously. Fuck them. 

Did I miss something? How do you know they are digging in for reasons other than player safety? Don't be offended, but I am not interested in your opinion. How do you know this as fact? 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, JFKFC said:

Did I miss something? How do you know they are digging in for reasons other than player safety? Don't be offended, but I am not interested in your opinion. How do you know this as fact? 

High school football is allowed in most of these states now. That means even the governor of Michigan and California, who have taken preventing gatherings to an extreme believe football can be done safely. The Big 10 is standing by their original assessment of the risk and refuses to look at it again. Unless you come to the bizarre conclusion the Big 10 believes high schools can handle player safety better than Michigan or Ohio State, it’s pretty apparent to conclude they simply refuse to look at this again. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

58 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

High school football is allowed in most of these states now. That means even the governor of Michigan and California, who have taken preventing gatherings to an extreme believe football can be done safely. The Big 10 is standing by their original assessment of the risk and refuses to look at it again. Unless you come to the bizarre conclusion the Big 10 believes high schools can handle player safety better than Michigan or Ohio State, it’s pretty apparent to conclude they simply refuse to look at this again. 

image.png.7778b9883ed3f59767db67ce9175b7c3.png

I don't think the B1G gives two shits about high school football beyond crootin'.

• Hook 'Em 1

I think the Nebraska strategy is actually pretty sound. By demanding voting transparency, due to their 501-C, "non-profit"* status, they are indirectly threat-shaming the careers of the school presidents. And, if the documents in any way prove that conference procedures were violated, it seems to open the door to some amazing lawsuits/resignations/chaos. If any of our learned lawyers could weigh in, it would be very appreciated. 

One thing that I can guarantee is that law firms throughout the midwest are licking their chops cause this could get become really lucrative. 

*LOL

• Hook 'Em 1

58 minutes ago, TreatyOak said:

I think the Nebraska strategy is actually pretty sound. By demanding voting transparency, due to their 501-C, "non-profit"* status, they are indirectly threat-shaming the careers of the school presidents. And, if the documents in any way prove that conference procedures were violated, it seems to open the door to some amazing lawsuits/resignations/chaos. If any of our learned lawyers could weigh in, it would be very appreciated. 

One thing that I can guarantee is that law firms throughout the midwest are licking their chops cause this could get become really lucrative. 

*LOL

does Nebraska go with a home town law firm or do they go with the big shots from Chicago

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, JFKFC said:

I don't care about your politics or who you will vote for in November. If the thought of Nebraska not playing a down of football in 2020, while desperately suing the Big 10 conference, doesn't make you ecstatic, get the furk of this board.

Is this too long to be a motto?

• Like 2

I have an issue with the OP, and the title on this thread.....

getting, Getting, GETTING???

Are you serious, they've been embarrassing for weeks. It's like a fucking clown show. Did they vote, or not? What was the vote? Who voted, Presidents, ADs, what information did they base their decision on?

And there are a million rumors about starting in October, or November, or January with a Spring Rose Bowl. A fucking clown show...

4 hours ago, mdmost said:

But remember, Texas' greed and wanting everything on their terms was the real issue with the Big 12 breaking up. The saintly Cornhuskers just wanted things fair for everyone. 

Remember? Who could forget with you reminding us time after time after time after time after time......

Spoiler

after time after time after time after time after time after time after time after time after time after time after time after time after time after time after time after time

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

I don’t know the status of tv contracts, but could b10 be secretly angling for a spring football season basically to themselves in order to maximize tv ratings for new cable deals?

They would be in for a rude awakening. There's not a more boring brand of football on the entire planet than Big 10 football. I would probably never, ever watch the Big 10, not even tOSU/Michigan, if it wasn't a warmup/lead-in/excuse to pre-game drink for actual fun football every Saturday. I switch off of it as soon as humanly possible, even if it means watching Alabama curb stomp Vanderbilt.

I probably would not watch a single-down of Big 10 football in the spring. I'd rather watch NBA or do chores that I neglected during real football. Ohio State can be interesting if they're paired against another non-B10 team that's actually important and fun. But if they're playing another B10.. nope.

I don't hate the Big 10 nor am I mad at them because their Covid stance is against my political belief. Their football is just boring and terrible. 

Edited by BradInATX
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

I think the Nebraska strategy is actually pretty sound. By demanding voting transparency, due to their 501-C, "non-profit"* status, they are. 

I’d be interesting in hearing more about the merit of their lawsuit, but you’re gonna have to dumb it down SIGNIFICANTLY.

I don’t think I have as much hatred for NU as most of you. Sure they were lying, whiny bitches when they left the Big XII, but having them be a powerhouse at one point and turn them into our bitches was pretty awesome. Garrett Gilbert fucking beat them?! Combining that with the fact that I’m not exactly a Big 10 fan...I’m gonna enjoy the outcome of this either way. Except of course if the B1G plays their season. There’s nothing entertaining about that.
  • Hook 'Em 2

8 hours ago, mulletpelini said:

Remember? Who could forget with you reminding us time after time after time after time after time......

Hide contents

after time after time after time after time after time after time after time after time after time after time after time after time after time after time after time after time

Cuz it never gets old.  Nebraska, and their fans, being bitches is like saying OU sucks.  It's eternal knowledge.

9 hours ago, mulletpelini said:

The ball crossed the sideline with more than :03 left to play.  Sue for economic damages if you must, but this passive-aggressive butthurt, which has now reached the highest levels of your state government is highly entertaining.  I do want the Horns to win even if we shouldn't be playing at all, but it would be really 2020 if Iowa State went undefeated and smeared their feces all over your face and inside your mouth.

15 hours ago, mdmost said:

stolen from al4isu:

"They saw the writing on the wall".

Edited by Hagbard Celine

14 hours ago, Newy25 said:

You didn't answer my question. You gave me your theory. It could be correct. That isn't the point. How do you know for a fact the Big 10 is making its decision based on a reason other than player safety?

12 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

I don’t know the status of tv contracts, but could b10 be secretly angling for a spring football season basically to themselves in order to maximize tv ratings for new cable deals?

pac I actually believe player safety because they don’t really care about football.

If they deliberately did this, I would actively avoid watching it.