BIG is getting embarrassing

BurntOrange&White

So the Parent's twitter is the only place I could find any update, which is, 10 days ago the corn judge gave the b1g until today to follow corn's commands re: docs, bylaws, notes, vote, transparency, etc.  Upping the ante with the corn AG is an odd move or a quiet concession by corn that they realize the kids/parents have no standing.

https://twitter.com/ParentsNebraska?ref_src=twsrc^tfw|twcamp^tweetembed|twterm^1301306880711708672|twgr^share_3&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.elevenwarriors.com%2Fthe-big-ten%2F2020%2F09%2F116242%2Fbig-ten-ordered-to-produce-all-documents-related-to-vote-full-conference-bylaws-in-response-to-nebraska-players-lawsuit

Eg8rtem-Xk-AAVJy-Z.jpg

I'm still gobsmacked corn parents are claiming tortious interference:

"A common law tort claim that a defendant intentionally convinced or caused a third party to breach its contract with the plaintiff which resulted in damages to the plaintiff."

In this case, corn are claiming the b1g has forced the kids to breach their contract with corn in that the kids have to play football in order to receive their education.

Except the NCAA ordered all conferences and schools that scholarships will not be rescinded or cancelled regardless of anyone plays or doesn't play for whatever reason.

Did corn cancel their scholarships?  Of course not.  So claiming tortious interference is ludicrous and farcical.

They will argue that this will harm their NFL future and delay their money from those lucrative contracts plus their endorsement deals because Nebraska is basically just a stepping stone.  That the NCAA granted them transfer options that they declined to take advantage of will just be ignored.   (Not a lawyer, obviously)

Edited by Nivek

1 hour ago, Nivek said:

They will argue that this will harm their NFL future and delay their money from those lucrative contracts plus their endorsement deals because Nebraska is basically just a stepping stone.  That the NCAA granted them transfer options that they declined to take advantage of will just be ignored.   (Not a lawyer, obviously)

then the plaintiff's attorney should have submitted as part of the filing a contract between corn players and corn skool which stipulated playing for corn skool provided opportunity to play in the nfl in addition to the free education.

i'd like to see that contract.

• Like 1

Just from a general legal standpoint, that seems like one of those “case within a case...within a case?” suits. First, prove that you would’ve been drafted if you remained at your school and played this season. Then you have to prove that a) you could transfer elsewhere, b) would’ve started there, and c) would’ve been drafted. Then prove that Nebraska or whoever made that impossible.

The first part would be doable by some players. The last part could be something along the lines of “due to the entire conference shutting down and scholarship limits, it was foreseeable that the other conferences would not be able to absorb so many transfers. Therefore, the decision prohibited the significant majority of having the ability to transfer.” The second part would be impossible to prove

16 hours ago, Al_4_ISU said:

I legitimately have an erection.  This is wildly erotic.

7 hours ago, Al_4_ISU said:

The feeling I get watching this unfold is the closest I’ll get to being a Jew watching the Nuremberg trials.

How you feeling about now limp dick

7 hours ago, Hagbard Celine said:

The ball crossed the sideline with more than :03 left to play.  Sue for economic damages if you must, but this passive-aggressive butthurt, which has now reached the highest levels of your state government is highly entertaining.  I do want the Horns to win even if we shouldn't be playing at all, but it would be really 2020 if Iowa State went undefeated and smeared their feces all over your face and inside your mouth.

You are a lady and you bitch too much

• Hook 'Em 1

21 hours ago, TreatyOak said:

I think the Nebraska strategy is actually pretty sound. By demanding voting transparency, due to their 501-C, "non-profit"* status, they are indirectly threat-shaming the careers of the school presidents. And, if the documents in any way prove that conference procedures were violated, it seems to open the door to some amazing lawsuits/resignations/chaos. If any of our learned lawyers could weigh in, it would be very appreciated. 

One thing that I can guarantee is that law firms throughout the midwest are licking their chops cause this could get become really lucrative. 

*LOL

no take backsies, b1g

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, mulletpelini said:

'95 huh, wow I stand corrected.  That is a lonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnng time to watch football no doubt.  Stand back everyone.

You also don't read well, the lady comment wasn't directed at you, corn boy.

We get it.  You’re pissed your team isn’t playing.  Sorry.  

26 minutes ago, Horn80 said:

They won’t work it out.

I'd bet it's on for October.  Big Ten protection task force presented today, feedback was positive.  Re-vote coming as soon as tmrw/no later than Tuesday.  Vegas reacted by pulling National Championship odds right after today's meeting.

Just now, DenverHorn said:

I'd bet it's on for October.  Big Ten protection task force presented today, feedback was positive.  Re-vote coming as soon as tmrw/no later than Tuesday.  Vegas reacted by pulling National Championship odds right after today's meeting.

Ok, that does sound like something will happen.   

5 minutes ago, Horn80 said:

Ok, that does sound like something will happen.   

Yup..  everything i was told just hit the espn tracker (less the vegas info).  P5 commish's son & a B1G network exec have both been telling me all week to expect things to work out for Oct.  I hope it happens, PAC12 soon as well.

13 minutes ago, DenverHorn said:

Yup..  everything i was told just hit the espn tracker (less the vegas info).  P5 commish's son & a B1G network exec have both been telling me all week to expect things to work out for Oct.  I hope it happens, PAC12 soon as well.

Big 10 does seem like 10/17 start a good possibility, but I thought pac12 was currently weeks behind them? Read that somewhere today.

5 hours ago, Cornfusion said:

I guess I'll have to take your word for it, having never been to one myself.  Wait, tell us all it was just one...

I volunteered for the the Humane Society as a sheep counselor. Just getting them to open up about the constant abuse was hard.

I mean, haven't YOU heard of the Silence of the Lambs?

• Hook 'Em 1

6 hours ago, Rimbo said:

Says the guy posting on another team's board.

We don't have a chapped ass about anything regarding Nebraska. (Remind me what our head-to-head record is since the Big XII was founded? I seem to have forgotten... oh, 1 and 10, isn't it?) We are laughing at your misfortune. We are laughing at how you left off in a hissy fit and now are up to the same old bullshit. You're worse than Mizzou, less-educated than Colorado and smell worse than an Aggy after a sheep rape party. That's not "having a chapped ass." That's just stating the facts as they are.

ice cube friday movie GIF

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Nueces River Rat said:

I have a hard time feeling sorry any conference who has  Nebraska and Michigan  State as members.  Fuck em and the PAC 12 as well. 

Uhhh..... Ohio State? The worst of the bunch.

5 hours ago, Horn80 said:

They should hire UT’s lawyers. 

The B1G should absolutely hire UT lawyers.  Nebraska wouldn't stand a chance.