BIG is getting embarrassing

BurntOrange&White

so the Big 10  gets to be the conf that turned the college world on its head in august by quitting, got a hanger-on in the Pac 12, and side hussle agreements with the WAC and BigSky Conferences which forced the ACC SEC and Big 12 to completely reschedule their games, cancelling all the ones that pay the bills for the smaller schools, then sit back and not play the first 7-8 weeks of the season and THEN they think all they have to do is start playing in late Oct and now qualify to be in the national champion discussion....  
fuck that. 

They look like bitches. I guess you could say Ohio St/Iowa and Nebraska was in the let’s play Camp since Aug. and only one of those 3 are NC contenders

38 minutes ago, AUS-97HORN said:

so the Big 10  gets to be the conf that turned the college world on its head in august by quitting, got a hanger-on in the Pac 12, and side hussle agreements with the WAC and BigSky Conferences which forced the ACC SEC and Big 12 to completely reschedule their games, cancelling all the ones that pay the bills for the smaller schools, then sit back and not play the first 7-8 weeks of the season and THEN they think all they have to do is start playing in late Oct and now qualify to be in the national champion discussion....  

fuck that. 

You forgot cancelling all non conference games and getting other leagues to do so, this ruining texas at LSU and making September football nigh unwatchable (I mean- I’m watching but you know what I’m saying. 

16 hours ago, Cornfusion said:

Nine years is a long, LONG time to have a chapped ass about Nebraska leaving the conference.  Then again, there's no healing on the horizon for Arkansas bailing from the SWC, is there?  That was 28 years ago.

Non-sequitir strawman trial balloon on pig.  Please cite and quote our bitching about pig.  Another false narrative created in your own mind to deal with the cognitive dissonance of your 16 years spent on your knees in front of us.  We didn't start the current round of bitching until you declared our conference to be your soft landing from your current predicament, as if you retained the agency to simply up and move back in, when the idea of same is revolting to us, and the rest of the conference, with maybe the exception of 0u.

Just be happy that we only hate you.  We'll forget you again shortly, just like the rest of the country has during your descent to irrelevance, and revert to our standard programming of hate for 0u, and fear and loathing for aggy.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Cornfusion said:

...and yet, here Aggy shows up in a thread about the Big Ten, no less.  Yeah, you're over them.😀

aggy infests every corner of the state we live in.   it is impossible to entirely remove them from our lives.  and every year, they steal 1/3rd of our money.  you'd be pissed too.

• Hook 'Em 1

55 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

You forgot cancelling all non conference games and getting other leagues to do so, this ruining texas at LSU and making September football nigh unwatchable (I mean- I’m watching but you know what I’m saying. 

our trip to redstick needs to be fully-leaded in a non-asterisk year.  absolutely can not waste that return visit.  just push back all non-con contracts all schools to 2021.  it sucks for sam and the rest of the seniors but that's the breaks.

10 minutes ago, Hagbard Celine said:

our trip to redstick needs to be fully-leaded in a non-asterisk year.  absolutely can not waste that return visit.  just push back all non-con contracts all schools to 2021.  it sucks for sam and the rest of the seniors but that's the breaks.

Wish the SEC would pressure Pig to move our game next year to 2050 or when the fuck ever and let us play in BR next year....

• Hook 'Em 1

On 9/12/2020 at 6:58 AM, JFKFC said:

You didn't answer my question. You gave me your theory. It could be correct. That isn't the point. How do you know for a fact the Big 10 is making its decision based on a reason other than player safety?

You’re being obtuse. Of course the Big 10 is not going to release an audited list of their actual motives or agenda. One has to pay attention and be able to form logical conclusions from the information we have. They canceled the season because of the “newly discovered” heart inflammation issue that has been known about by everyone in the medical community for years. Now they claim it’s safe again because they have access to rapid testing. Really? What about that heart inflammation issue? That just suddenly went away right as other conferences found a way to play football? 

Their decision was so clearly not based on player safety initially it was laughable. Now they are wavering when literally nothing has changed just demonstrates their ridiculous posturing. Seeing which schools are in favor of playing vs not is just another data point about how this is falling along political, ideological lines. If they play again in October, it is not the result of a resolution of the medical concerns they outlined initially. It’s because of the huge financial consequence and political backlash within their own conference. 

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Newy25 said:

You’re being obtuse. Of course the Big 10 is not going to release an audited list of their actual motives or agenda. One has to pay attention and be able to form logical conclusions from the information we have. They canceled the season because of the “newly discovered” heart inflammation issue that has been known about by everyone in the medical community for years. Now they claim it’s safe again because they have access to rapid testing. Really? What about that heart inflammation issue? That just suddenly went away right as other conferences found a way to play football? 

Their decision was so clearly not based on player safety initially it was laughable. Now they are wavering when literally nothing has changed just demonstrates their ridiculous posturing. Seeing which schools are in favor of playing vs not is just another data point about how this is falling along political, ideological lines. If they play again in October, it is not the result of a resolution of the medical concerns they outlined initially. It’s because of the huge financial consequence and political backlash within their own conference. 

I thought it was shown that study might not be entirely accurate? And I thought the rapid testing was a relatively new development? And now we have had several weeks they can observe what is going on across the country with people playing.

But it is laughable that it was based on concerns about Covid but instead it is logical to realize it is actually about...um...ideology? That whole 'don't play football' ideology. I am not a political scientist but I am not familiar with that one. Some kind of vague posturing that is about...something or other. And if we do not accept this vague general political claim we are being obtuse?

And of course there are huge political and financial backlash to not playing college football and I am supposed to believe they were not aware of what those might be when they initially decided to cancel? I think they were aware they were all going to take a big financial hit and it was going to be unpopular (not to mentiond damaging to recruiting and all that). They might have been overly careful and perhaps went too far but I fail to see the logical conclusion that therefore player safety was not a concern but instead they all decided to make huge sacrifices because of some vague unspecific political agenda to do something or other.

Edited by Valmy77
  • Like 1

If the Big 10/Pac 12 wish to try to cleanse their vaginas and start to play in October, ... sure... why not ... ONLY

We welcome them to bowl games where applicable but for this year, they are not playoff eligible. Less wear and tear on their players with the delayed start, upsetting college football plans and revenue flow on a nationwide basis. It was a poor decision when made which looks even more ridiculous now.

And for poor decisions there must be consequences.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

Just now, DenverHorn said:

Today.  Michigan President threw in the towel, Big Ten is playing this fall.  Oct 17th start is my guess, we'll know soon.

Sounds good. They will have plenty of games played by then to see how dangerous it is.

I hope the PAC 12 decides to follow suit at some point.

2 minutes ago, Lidig8r said:

If the Big 10/Pac 12 wish to try to cleanse their vaginas and start to play in October, ... sure... why not ... ONLY

We welcome them to bowl games where applicable but for this year, they are not playoff eligible. Less wear and tear on their players with the delayed start, upsetting college football plans and revenue flow on a nationwide basis. It was a poor decision when made which looks even more ridiculous now.

Meh. Let's first see how many cancellations everybody else has and let the season play out.

• Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, Lidig8r said:

Its unlikely they get what they deserve in all this.

They laid a turd in the punchbowl and now complain it tastes like shit. I hope they fall asleep on their own burning couches.

• Hook 'Em 1

Mizzou left, didn’t talk too much shit, won their division and then fell apart. Nebraska is still pining for the past, talked shit after getting their asses kicked here, left, talked more shit, got their asses kicked there, still talking shit. You are just like Arkansas, celebrating past success, shit talking and losing at the things you love the most. At least Arkansas has baseball. You have nothing.

2 hours ago, Nivek said:

Mizzou left, didn’t talk too much shit, won their division and then fell apart. Nebraska is still pining for the past, talked shit after getting their asses kicked here, left, talked more shit, got their asses kicked there, still talking shit. You are just like Arkansas, celebrating past success, shit talking and losing at the things you love the most. At least Arkansas has baseball. You have nothing.

don't they have volleyball?

8 hours ago, Nivek said:

Oh they have baseball, they host all the best teams every single year.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

Drove through some areas with down corn the other day. Just missed the BIL's fields by a couple of miles.

Are y'all starting to harvest soon? BIL is starting this week.

Damn. Just got to Cedar Rapids and the residential streets are lined with trees branches waiting for pick up.  

On 9/13/2020 at 12:59 PM, Nivek said:

Mizzou didn't talk shit?  They started the whole fucking thing by talking shit about being considered for the B1G in March 2010 when they should have kept their mouth shut.   You don't know Mizery well at all.

• Hook 'Em 1

15 hours ago, kopp0e said:

B1G looking to use media outlets to rip a student-athlete, is not a good look:

I don’t know how they did it but the Big 10 certainly mustered their media lap dogs to carry water for them during all of this. Pat Forde, this guy and Stewart Mandel are like their own version of Fox News for the conference. 

• Like 3

Mizzou didn't talk shit?  They started the whole fucking thing by talking shit about being considered for the B1G in March 2010 when they should have kept their mouth shut.   You don't know Mizery well at all.

Well, I married into a Mizzou family and my wife’s grandfather taught there. So I suppose you are right. They talked a little, but nothing compared to the bitchass behavior of Nebraska or aggy. Colorado didn’t say shit either. I know you are hypersensitive since Mizzou passed NU in relevance and on field success in the B12 and beyond.

5 hours ago, mulletpelini said:

19 minutes ago, Nivek said:

Well, I married into a Mizzou family and my wife’s grandfather taught there. So I suppose you are right. They talked a little, but nothing compared to the bitchass behavior of Nebraska or aggy. Colorado didn’t say shit either. I know you are hypersensitive since Mizzou passed NU in relevance and on field success in the B12 and beyond.

Mizzou talked shit, it's just that nobody really noticed or cared what they had to say.  

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 9/13/2020 at 1:01 PM, Al_4_ISU said:

We’re 60ish miles north of the storm path, so we ended up unaffected

15 hours ago, Tex Pete said:

Drove through some areas with down corn the other day. Just missed the BIL's fields by a couple of miles.

Are y'all starting to harvest soon? BIL is starting this week.

13 hours ago, Al_4_ISU said:

Should be getting into the beans by end of the week.

13 hours ago, ButtFumble said:

uh peas....they are not a bean they are a pea 🤠

11 hours ago, Tex Pete said:

That’s nuts to me, but he said he has started this early several times over the years. 

33 minutes ago, Al_4_ISU said:

We were cutting beans on the 12th of September 2 years ago, in a year we planted later and got more rain.

2020 harvest talk not going away.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, BurntEyes said:

I dunno that I fully agree. Yeah the LSU cancellation sucked. Ran into a Tiger in Tampa, FL and he commented as I had a Longhorn shirt that he was super bummed Texas and Longhorn fans weren't coming to Baton Roo. 

That said, I thought the Texas game on Sat was pretty mother fucking watchable. Sure it was scrubs late..  which was fucking glorious.

I meant September football unwatchable throughout America. I’d watch us play an 8th grade B team and enjoy. But I ain’t watching other helmet

schools club baby seals. 

On 9/13/2020 at 8:46 AM, Wulaw Horn said:

I watched the entirety of the Clemson-Wake Forest game. I know what you are saying.