BIG is getting embarrassing

BurntOrange&White

1 minute ago, Parliament said:

No question there will be cancelations. Does a 6-0 Ohio State deserve a playoff spot behind a 8-1 LSU who finished 2nd in the SEC? Goes back to the old argument of whether you want the best teams from each conference in it, or just the best 4.

I'm sure when they win it all at 6-0 with 2 injuries to Clemson's 12-1 and 10 injuries it won't start a debate at all.

7 minutes ago, Parliament said:

No question there will be cancellations. Does a 6-0 Ohio State deserve a playoff spot behind a 8-1 LSU who finished 2nd in the SEC? Goes back to the old argument of whether you want the best teams from each conference in it, or just the best 4.

I'd rather they say screw it this year and forget about a "national championship" and just schedule some great bowl matchups

• Hook 'Em 3

40 minutes ago, SwanderedTalent said:

that "1" in Penn State / Michigan's record will probably come at Ohio State's hands, so

In terms of playoff competitiveness, the Big Ten is Ohio State and 13 nationally irrelevant programs. the only thing that will keep Ohio State out of the playoff for the foreseeable future is if Ryan Day is prone to the kind of "meh, whatevs" coaching decisions that caused the Purdue and Iowa losses in 2018 and 2017. they looked like a program that had corrected its few Urban Meyer era weaknesses last year. 

After Oklahoma who's nationally relevant in the Big 12 currently?  Penn State and Wisconsin are currently more relevant programs than any Big 12 program not named Oklahoma.

Downvotes expected but it's true.

Edited by VABuckeye
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 23

9 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Tosu schedule leaked

maryland

Rutgers

indiana

illinois

purdue

northwestern

nebraska

michigan

Rather kind of the B1G office to keep the Pedos and Sparty (who, you know, are in the B1G East) off tOSU's schedule, giving them as easy a path to 8-0 as possible.

Fuck them and the B1G.

4 minutes ago, VABuckeye said:

After Oklahoma who's nationally relevant in the Big 12 currently?  Penn State and Wisconsin are currently more relevant programs than any Big 12 program not named Oklahoma.

1 minute ago, VABuckeye said:

Line Texas' record and final ranking for the last 10 years up with Wisconsin and Penn State and prove me wrong.

Unsurprisingly based on your username, you don’t seem to know the definition of the word relevant.

Unless of course you mean relevant as in relevant to this year’s playoff conversation, in which case the last ten years’ records are wholly irrelevant to that conversation, and then you still come off sounding extremely stupid. 

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

Unsurprisingly based on your username, you don’t seem to know the definition of the word relevant.

Unless of course you mean relevant as in relevant to this year’s playoff conversation, in which case the last ten years’ records are wholly irrelevant to that conversation, and then you still come off sounding extremely stupid. 

As does any post that deems the rest of the B1G irrelevant when at least 6 teams will be ranked when the B1G is added back to the polls.

• Fuck You 2

11 minutes ago, Macklemore said:
LOL LOL LOL Devastating news for the Coronabros. Lockdown fever is fading fast and no-one cares much about what St. Fauci has to say anymore

I listen to doctors, but it is not like we don't have months of Europeans playing soccer and other sports playing along with these new testing methods. If everybody starts getting COVID that will be one thing but I have a hard time thinking anybody thinks we are being reckless here. Games are being cancelled and players are sitting out if they test positive. It is not like outbreaks are not happening anyway. I do think we should be cautious and be testing and all.

I guess I could be wrong but the whole 'EVERYBODY IGNORE DOCTORS NOW!!!111' thing is a little weak. 

I disagree that the Big 10 sold out here, but I also disagree with your take.

Edited by Valmy77
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, VABuckeye said:

As does any post that deems the rest of the B1G irrelevant when at least 6 teams will be ranked when the B1G is added back to the polls.

Ah, so now we’re looking at this year’s polls, in which case you would agree that saying a team that’s currently #9 in the country isn’t nationally relevant would be a stupid thing to say, right? 

• Hook 'Em 2

17 minutes ago, Macklemore said:

LOL LOL LOL Devastating news for the Coronabros. Lockdown fever is fading fast and no-one cares much about what St. Fauci has to say anymore

Negged for your specific flagrant retardery, but wow between that lady and this dude and the sides they represent everyone in the Midwest comes out looking like a moron

Edited by texifornia

14 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Negged for your specific flagrant retardery, but wow between that lady and this dude and the sides they represent everyone in the Midwest comes out looking like a moron

Sorry for being happy about a semblance of a real season happening with big time schools like Ohio State joining the fold. The legitimacy of the national championship that we are trying to win this year is boosted with the B1G playing. Won’t feel bad about gloating and licking the tears of Karen Rovell, Wolken, Brennan and the like 

Edited by Macklemore
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 2

47 minutes ago, VABuckeye said:

Just ask your B1G commissioner if they would rather have Wisconsin or Texas in their league. Hopefully his laughter doesn't offend your delicate sensibilities. 

• Hook 'Em 4

4 hours ago, utee94 said:

Pretty sure the PSU dude said 30% of all football players everywhere have it, so it must still be a thing.

Turned out he didn't know what he was talking about & walked it back.  Their team Doctor for the record.  Penn State leaders seem to have a problem with remembering things, pedophilia..  enlarged hearts et al.

• Hook 'Em 1

14 minutes ago, Parliament said:

14 days to make sure he isn't contagious and 7 to evaluate the mitocarditis.  I don't know how the NFL does it, but the 21 day rule seems OK to me. 

It seems extreme if the guy returns multiple negative tests within the 14 day period. Maybe that is extremely unlikely with the new, highly accurate tests. But is anyone saying "7 days to evaluate mytocarditis"? It went from being one of the main hurdles to something that just needs a week to check out?

22 minutes ago, Parliament said:

14 days to make sure he isn't contagious and 7 to evaluate the mitocarditis.  I don't know how the NFL does it, but the 21 day rule seems OK to me. 

Here is NFLs:

Following a positive test, if the player is asymptomatic, he can return once:
  10 days have passed since the initial positive test; OR
    Five days have passed since the initial positive test and the player receives two consecutive negative PCR virus tests at least 24 hours apart within that five-day period

Following a positive test, if the player demonstrates symptoms, he can return once:
  At least 10 days have passed since symptoms first appeared; AND
  At least 72 hours have passed since he last experienced symptoms

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Gene Parmesan said:

Is the 8 kids get and the program shuts down true?  If so, how are they not going to shut down?

Don't know about "8 kids" but it's going to be based on % positives.  This is what I've seen floating out there:

The Big Ten Conference will use data provided by each Chief Infection Officer (CInO) to make decisions about the continuation of practice and competition, as determined by team positivity rate and population positivity rate, based on a seven-day rolling average:
Team positivity rate (number of positive tests divided by total number of tests administered):
Green 0-2%
Orange 2-5%
Red >5%
Population positivity rate (number of positive individuals divided by total population at risk):
Green 0-3.5%
Orange 3.5-7.5%
Red >7.5%
Decisions to alter or halt practice and competition will be based on the following scenarios:
Green/Green and Green/Orange: Team continues with normal practice and competition.
Orange/Orange and Orange/Red: Team must proceed with caution and enhance COVID-19 prevention (alter practice and meeting schedule, consider viability of continuing with scheduled competition).
Red/Red: Team must stop regular practice and competition for a minimum of seven days and reassess metrics until improved.
The daily testing will begin by September 30, 2020.

27 minutes ago, Parliament said:

21 is fair, I actually thought it'd be upwards of 30.   This season is nothing more than salvaging as much revenue as possible & overall continuance of our "normal lives" as safely possible.   Walk ons, true fish etc will be in play like never before & it's part of what factored into allowing players to retain the year of eligibility.

Lemonade out of lemons.