BIG is getting embarrassing

BurntOrange&White

1 minute ago, utee94 said:

Don't know about "8 kids" but it's going to be based on % positives.  This is what I've seen floating out there:

Really curious to see what they define "population positive rate". The population of kids on campus? Within a certain radius of campus? etc

For example in looking at UT if they try and bring in data from far west or north austin I don't see how that is at all representative of the UT population.

I can squint and see using positivity rate for JUST the team, as that is a fixed/static universe of people to measure against and they are being tested repeatedly.

1 minute ago, BrazilHorn said:

Really curious to see what they define "population positive rate". The population of kids on campus? Within a certain radius of campus? etc

For example in looking at UT if they try and bring in data from far west or north austin I don't see how that is at all representative of the UT population.

I can squint and see using positivity rate for JUST the team, as that is a fixed/static universe of people to measure against and they are being tested repeatedly.

Yeah, that is the question, isn't it?  Looks to me like the B1G has worded it such that each school will be able to define it as narrowly, or as widely, as they like, in order to serve their own objectives-- whatever those might be.

28 minutes ago, Bartles said:

It seems extreme if the guy returns multiple negative tests within the 14 day period. Maybe that is extremely unlikely with the new, highly accurate tests. But is anyone saying "7 days to evaluate mytocarditis"? It went from being one of the main hurdles to something that just needs a week to check out?

this is called "making shit up as we go along"

Lemonade out of lemons.

Ie, "Surviving 2020"

Yeah, that is the question, isn't it?  Looks to me like the B1G has worded it such that each school will be able to define it as narrowly, or as widely, as they like, in order to serve their own objectives-- whatever those might be.

Fine with me.

this is called "making shit up as we go along"

Again, that's how you survive 2020.

43 minutes ago, DenverHorn said:

No worries, they still have the BLM/climate change trojan horses to ride til Trumps landslide victory in Nov..   

Christine’s ridiculous tweet and your potentially even more ridiculous comment pretty much sum up what is wrong with a lot of people’s approach to this situation. 

• Hook 'Em 3

6 minutes ago, kopp0e said:

At least that league is going football mode now, while it's buddy league is in suspension:

Pac 12

I was all in for Big Ten to get on schedule for personal & general reasons.   The PAC12 I'd prefer stay dormant, Texas football would be a huge benefactor in recruiting if those clowns take another giant step in NGAF about CFB.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, DenverHorn said:

I was all in for Big Ten to get on schedule for personal & general reasons.   The PAC12 I'd prefer stay dormant, Texas football would be a huge benefactor in recruiting if those clowns take another giant step in NGAF about CFB.

No, but it may prevent some of the best talent in Texas from going to the big.

And I have personal reasons for not wanting them to play.  Because fuck them that's why.

Edited by UTEX90
  • Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, VABuckeye said:

After Oklahoma who's nationally relevant in the Big 12 currently?  Penn State and Wisconsin are currently more relevant programs than any Big 12 program not named Oklahoma.

Downvotes expected but it's true.

You’re a dumbass and it’s true that you’re a dumbass. 

Edited by stork642
  • Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Gene Parmesan said:

Yeah Texas was never going to be able to go up and raid Ohio/Michigan recruits, but California is a different story.  

It's a beautiful scenario.   The west coast hasn't been infested with "bag man" mania as much as it's peers.  ATX is very west coast friendly vs Norman much less Baton Rogue, Tuscaloosa, Clemson or even a Jacksonville or an Athens.  We could literally mitigate the bag man/aggy created SEC effect on our own state by supplanting via 5-7 west coast top 200 players each class.  Doesn't hurt to have a HC that is from CA either.

They made the very cautious decision to cancel the season but changed their mind based in part based on the fact that other conferences have played with, thus far, zero significant adverse event. THAT is the darkest day in Big 10 history?! Did she start following the Big 10 last year? Jerry Sandusky, Joe Paterno, the creepy MSU team doctor, Urban Meyer agree with her btw

Edit - this in reference the Christine Brennen piece mention above

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, VABuckeye said:

After Oklahoma who's nationally relevant in the Big 12 currently?  Penn State and Wisconsin are currently more relevant programs than any Big 12 program not named Oklahoma.

We're so irrelevant that a Buckeye living in Virginia is on our board.  Wisconsin is a nice school, but if recent success makes you relevant then Boise St is more relevant than Tennessee.  We have the largest fan base, our state has 3 top ten tv markets that actually care about football.  There's more people living in DFW and Houston than there is in Ohio.  yep, we've sucked, but we are a big swinging dick when we're good.  At one point, we were the second highest tv draw.......in California.  Sure, that has something to do with the California schools sucking.

4 hours ago, SwanderedTalent said:

I am not sure either of us has the brand to carry a playoff bid under these circumstances. OU's reputation is "they kill the weak Big 12 and then get whipped in the playoff". Our reputation is "Texas is back HURRRRR". We really could have used a win over LSU. If either of us runs the table and our best win is over the other, we could be on the outside looking in. 

Whuuuuuu?  Are you trying to say that an undefeated Texas or OU gets left out of the playoffs?  Put down the crack pipe dude- no freaking way.  

5 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

This is like waiting for the white smoke during a conclave. 

Who cares if the B1G plays or not? 

I am simply here to witness all the tantrums and crying by Nebraska, which is seemingly wrecking B1G unity from within. It is so remarkable and gratifying to watch another conference deal with them, and to witness the complete wrecking of the reputation of B1G in the process. It must have been remarkable to watch when they did it to the Big 12 as well. I hope it keeps playing out.

8 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

lol there's not a snowball's chance in hell an undefeated Texas or Oklahoma is left out come on

I've read that word salad like half a dozen times and I think I've deduced what he said correctly (I.E. the rest of the big 12 sucking could lead to an undefeated Texas or OU getting left out) but it really wasn't clearly written at all, thus why I'm going with-- "is that what you are really trying to say?"

• Hook 'Em 1

25 minutes ago, Jabberwocky said:

Who cares if the B1G plays or not? 

I am simply here to witness all the tantrums and crying by Nebraska, which is seemingly wrecking B1G unity from within. It is so remarkable and gratifying to watch another conference deal with them, and to witness the complete wrecking of the reputation of B1G in the process. It must have been remarkable to watch when they did it to the Big 12 as well. I hope it keeps playing out.

Nebraska saved the B1G football season by getting their AG involved.  The parents and players suing also had a lot to do with it too. Their "tantrums and crying" got them the results they wanted. Nebraska flexed their muscles with success and had Ohio State, founding member of the conference, on their side. This was a big victory for the prestige of Nebraska football and a reminder of the clout they carry as a blue blood.

Edited by Macklemore
  • Hook 'Em 2

4 minutes ago, Macklemore said:

Nebraska saved the B1G football season by getting their AG involved.  The parents and players suing also had a lot to do with it too. Their "tantrums and crying" got them the results they wanted. Nebraska flexed their muscles with success and had Ohio State, founding member of the conference, on their side. This was a big victory for the prestige of Nebraska football and a reminder of the clout they carry as a blue blood.

iu-3.gif.4f34129e0208856ee09c7ee9fecae2c8.gif

This is one of the dumbest posts I’ve ever seen on surly. Congrats
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, VABuckeye said:

The most relevant thing about both Penn State and Wisconsin is a song played in the stadium and the reaction it gets from the fans...which won’t be happening this year. And no one really cared about that anyway

BIG sucks their own dick just as much maybe even more than the SEC. They wanted to lead the charge for canceling fall sports and thought everyone else besides their Pac 12 lackeys would follow suit. Now they’re running back tail tucked. Pac 12 will wait a few days to pretend they think for themselves but they dont

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 3

29 minutes ago, C-Man said:

Really simple now -- let the four power conferences who are playing to crown their champ any way they see fit. All four make the CFP. Or, since this season is already a cluster-fuck use it as a reason to "try out" (wink, wink) an 8- or 16-team tournament.

3 hours ago, Not a cat said:

With ND in a conference, Pac sitting out, and no real out of conference games, it's pretty obvious where the 4 playoff spots will be alloted.  

Yeah, I think the committee will make it really simple this year.