BIG is getting embarrassing

BurntOrange&White

20 minutes ago, tejas60 said:

starting to think @MrPhlegm is right about swandered...

yeah, I don't really know what my brain was thinking this morning, or my fingers got ahead of it-- I'm a little fixated on that terrible weekend for the B12 and (sans LSU) how little we'll have to show for 2020 in terms of quality wins, but clearly if we run the table, we're in. 

but thank God Clemson and Notre Dame play each other

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Macklemore said:

Nebraska saved the B1G football season by getting their AG involved.  The parents and players suing also had a lot to do with it too. Their "tantrums and crying" got them the results they wanted. Nebraska flexed their muscles with success and had Ohio State, founding member of the conference, on their side. This was a big victory for the prestige of Nebraska football and a reminder of the clout they carry as a blue blood.

full aggy

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, SwanderedTalent said:

yeah, I don't really know what my brain was thinking this morning, or my fingers got ahead of it-- I'm a little fixated on that terrible weekend for the B12 and (sans LSU) how little we'll have to show for 2020 in terms of quality wins, but clearly if we run the table, we're in. 

Nobody gives a shit about B12 bottom-feeders losing to scrub teams.  And it wouldn't matter if ND and Clemson were NOT playing.  An undefeated Texas isn't getting passed over by the committee.  ESPN would spooge all over themselves to have Texas in the CFP.  They've been begging us to not suck for a decade.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, utee94 said:

Nobody gives a shit about B12 bottom-feeders losing to scrub teams.  And it wouldn't matter if ND and Clemson were NOT playing.  An undefeated Texas isn't getting passed over by the committee.  ESPN would spooge all over themselves to have Texas in the CFP.  They've been begging us to not suck for a decade.

Damn, for the first time in 20 years I find myself on the same side as ESPN.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, utee94 said:

Shrug. OK. That's your opinion. I share part of it and it's hypothetical anyway, but I wouldn't want to put our 2020 playoff resume up against Ohio State, Alabama, Clemson, and Notre Dame, were such a thing possible-- that's all I meant by being glad Clemson and Notre Dame play. 

1 hour ago, Macklemore said:

Nebraska saved the B1G football season by getting their AG involved.  The parents and players suing also had a lot to do with it too. Their "tantrums and crying" got them the results they wanted. Nebraska flexed their muscles with success and had Ohio State, founding member of the conference, on their side. This was a big victory for the prestige of Nebraska football and a reminder of the clout they carry as a blue blood.

giphy.gif

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, SwanderedTalent said:

Shrug. OK. That's your opinion. I share part of it and it's hypothetical anyway, but I wouldn't want to put our 2020 playoff resume up against Ohio State, Alabama, Clemson, and Notre Dame, were such a thing possible-- that's all I meant by being glad Clemson and Notre Dame play. 

You're worried way too much about what the scrubs did against other scrubs.

I'm far more concerned about what Texas does against its schedule.  So far so good.

Carry on.

Edit: I'll add that if Texas takes a loss, THEN your concern becomes a valid one.  A 1-loss Texas B12 champ would have to earn some additional confidence points, somehow, to stack up against other 1-loss conference champs.  But if we're talking undefeated then no, Texas is in.  ESPN would ensure it.

Edited by utee94
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, SwanderedTalent said:

I'd bet money that a 1 loss Big 12 Champ Texas or Oklahoma is guaranteed in this year at either 3 or 4 depending on how many games Ohio State gets in... 

1. Secsecsec champ

2. Clemson/ND 

3. Big 12 champ

4. OSU 

Eta - one loss b12 champ is in only if it's Texas/OU

Edited by Doc Sam Beckett
Cholas 4 life
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, SwanderedTalent said:

I think OU and Okie Lite (One of which we’ll almost certainly play twice) is enough with a 10-game schedule. We control our own destiny and need to simply not fuck up. If we lose to blOU in the RRS, we must win out and buttfuck them in the Big12 CCG

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, SwanderedTalent said:

we have the opportunity to do more than run the table.  my hot take coming this weekend.

42 minutes ago, utee94 said:

Yes, they even gave us our own network in anticipation of us not sucking. Unfortunately, we sucked.

That is behind us.

9 hours ago, Bartles said:

Since no one in the country played a good non-conference game, an 8-1 or 9-0 Big Ten champ absolutely deserves a spot. This just eliminates the American champ even if they're undefeated. Big 12 champ (ahem) better have zero losses to be safe in the argument vs. SEC #2. But I honestly think the committee will go even harder for conference champs only, considering what all the leagues had to go through just to get the season going.

Also LOL another ethical dilemma for the AP poll...can we jump the B1G guys back in right away, or wait until they've actually taken the field?

Well USF may turn out to be a good non-con. Consider their OC

Wait is the BUG considering something else other than a divisional full round robin ending in a CCG?

8 hours ago, Macklemore said:

LOL LOL LOL Devastating news for the Coronabros. Lockdown fever is fading fast and no-one cares much about what St. Fauci has to say anymore

Granted, it hasn't been that long since I mistakenly posted a political comment in a recruiting thread while under the influence of several substances that prevented me from remembering where I was, but I am curious to know how such an obvious aggy/Big 10 sock has received far fewer negs than an actual Horn for an objectively less egregious offense of similar nature....In the meantime my dead friend invites "Macklemore" to GTFO.

3 hours ago, Macklemore said:

Even if accidentally, this was fucking hilarious. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, A’Dam Psycho said:

BIG sucks their own dick just as much maybe even more than the SEC. They wanted to lead the charge for canceling fall sports and thought everyone else besides their Pac 12 lackeys would follow suit. Now they’re running back tail tucked. Pac 12 will wait a few days to pretend they think for themselves but they dont

The people who wanted to cancel the season and the people who didn't are not the same people.

5 hours ago, A’Dam Psycho said:

BIG sucks their own dick just as much maybe even more than the SEC. They wanted to lead the charge for canceling fall sports and thought everyone else besides their Pac 12 lackeys would follow suit. Now they’re running back tail tucked. Pac 12 will wait a few days to pretend they think for themselves but they dont

Yup. Look at Kevin Warren as well, he didn't do this for player safety. Their idea about player safety makes no sense, they wanted their players to play two seasons next year? Also the games indoors in the winter/spring?

10 hours ago, FondrenRoad said:

Just wait until 3-0 Ohio State is ranked ahead of 11-1 Texas. Cuz thats happening. If we can actually get 11 wins. 

at 3-0, I don't think they'd be eligible for the CFB playoff. pretty sure that if we do get a lot of cancellations this fall without makeup, the CFB is going to set a minimum of games to have participated in, in order to be eligible

otherwise you'd have the SEC deciding it needs to shut things down until the CFP right before the winner of unbeaten Auburn and Alabama plays unbeaten Florida in the SEC CG

Edited by SwanderedTalent