BIG is getting embarrassing

BurntOrange&White

53 minutes ago, wild_turkey said:

So I guess there will be a big shakeup in the polls on 10/25 after the first week of Big 10 games? They’ll just automatically insert 1-0 Ohio State in at the #3 spot regardless of what other teams have been doing for over a month?

Most conferences finish on 12/5. The Big 10 is scheduled through 12/12 followed by their “champions week” on 12/19. Will the awards wait until after 12/19 or will they give the Heisman to Justin Fields before their season even ends?

What about bowls?

So many questions. I hate the Big 10.

Going to be hard to put 1-0 Buckeye at the #3 spot when a 5-0 Texas is there. 

• Hook 'Em 1

38 minutes ago, wild_turkey said:

So I guess there will be a big shakeup in the polls on 10/25 after the first week of Big 10 games? They’ll just automatically insert 1-0 Ohio State in at the #3 spot regardless of what other teams have been doing for over a month?

Most conferences finish on 12/5. The Big 10 is scheduled through 12/12 followed by their “champions week” on 12/19. Will the awards wait until after 12/19 or will they give the Heisman to Justin Fields before their season even ends?

What about bowls?

So many questions. I hate the Big 10.

Conference championships for Big12, SEC, and ACC are all tentatively scheduled for the 12th.

One week isn't a deal breaker.

I imagine if there is any significant postponement of conference games, then anyone of the leagues will push back the CCG another week.

22 minutes ago, Dnaguy said:

Conference championships for Big12, SEC, and ACC are all tentatively scheduled for the 12th.

I imagine if there is any significant postponement of conference games, then anyone of the leagues will push back the CCG another week.

SEC and B12 have soft schedules for either 12/12 or 12/19, and I would be surprised if those don't end up on the latter day, just accounting for postponements throughout the season.  Additionally there's the thought that longer layoffs between CCG and bowls/playoff games are bad for team momentum, so the SEC and B12 wouldn't want to give the B1G an advantage of having played more recently when the CFP rolls around.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, utee94 said:

SEC and B12 have soft schedules for either 12/12 or 12/19, and I would be surprised if those don't end up on the latter day, just accounting for postponements throughout the season.  Additionally there's the thought that longer layoffs between CCG and bowls/playoff games are bad for team momentum, so the SEC and B12 wouldn't want to give the B1G an advantage of having played more recently when the CFP rolls around.

All three do as the ACC is the same boat:

20_21_FBL_UpdatedSchedule_DATES_FINAL_8_

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, Cornfusion said:

there were no historical ties to bind.

Lol I could never pretend to understand being this delusional. Are you saying that playing OU every year was your only historical tie to the Big 12? Wasn't your team a divisional power for most of the life of the conference? In a division that included 5 former Big 8 and Missouri Valley conference members in it? GTFO

• Hook 'Em 3

Wasn't your team a divisional power for most of the life of the conference?

Yep.  Most years, the only game that really had any sort of implications was Oklahoma, be it conference champs or national rankings or both.  Frequently, that game knocked the loser down from being #1 or #2 in the nation, or cemented their place in those spots.  Oklahoma was still THE game in the Big XII for Nebraska.  I know Longhorns understand that, because they are basically in Nebraska's shoes back when the conference was the Big 8.

If Nebraska couldn't play that Oklahoma game every year, then the Huskers might as well not play it in a conference that is more stable and pays better.  Just an opinion.

Edited by Cornfusion

On 9/22/2020 at 8:45 AM, Dnaguy said:

They are already saying our legendary rivalry with Wake Forest will be preserved on 12-12, moving the ACCCG to the 19th.  

I bet if we can get the Clemson game stopped it will have to be played on Christmas.