College football 2020

Hook1997

Let’s go. Like your App State pick. I’m on it too. Like ISU -11 too. And a couple of unders. Army/UL Monroe under 53 and KSU/Ark State under 54.5. All early games. One unit each. Of course after going 2-1 on college football last weekend and hitting on the Stars last night and the late FG backdoor over cover on the Texans that means I’m due to lose all 4 of these. 

• Hook 'Em 1

17 hours ago, lonestarsooner said:

Let’s go. Like your App State pick. I’m on it too. Like ISU -11 too. And a couple of unders. Army/UL Monroe under 53 and KSU/Ark State under 54.5. All early games. One unit each. Of course after going 2-1 on college football last weekend and hitting on the Stars last night and the late FG backdoor over cover on the Texans that means I’m due to lose all 4 of these. 

Yeah, very good chance I take the 0-4 collar on these. That’s an awesome start to the day. Let’s try again with Florida State -13 and Texas State -6.5. 

1 hour ago, SDG said:

Added Texas -44 and the over @ 57.5.  

No way a Tom Herman coached team ever beats anyone by 44 points, he’s not calling plays anymore so there’s a better chance I guess.  Atleast we won’t run the same run play straight up the middle three times in a row with a 21 point lead just.

6 minutes ago, Hook1997 said:

No way a Tom Herman coached team ever beats anyone by 44 points, he’s not calling plays anymore so there’s a better chance I guess.  Atleast we won’t run the same run play straight up the middle three times in a row with a 21 point lead just.

At this point we have to given the early day bed shitting...

On 9/12/2020 at 2:03 PM, lonestarsooner said:

Yeah, very good chance I take the 0-4 collar on these. That’s an awesome start to the day. Let’s try again with Florida State -13 and Texas State -6.5. 

I can't help but laugh.  I mean, we've all been there, but it's still funny.

I hope you got yourself a slumpbuster this week.

Not much action today.  So far I have OSU -24 over Tulsa and Louisville-1.5 plus a parlay with the same teams.   

Are there any other good opportunities out there?   

(Texas plus my Seahawks & Bengals bets helped me start off the season on a very positive note).  

Edited by SDG
  • Hook 'Em 1

9 hours ago, Hook1997 said:

How was your weekend?  I only played what I posted because I was out fishing all weekend.  UT next weekend sounds too good to be true...

The Seahawks saved my weekend again as I took the points +4.5 and over @45.  All my college bets are posted above and I only won my hedge bet.. 

so far this season I’m up 3 units which is pretty standard for myself  (win the first few and last weeks with a long drought in the middle).

• Hook 'Em 1

Grabbed UT -16.5 earlier in the week. Kind of digging that TCU moneyline at +115. Iowa State usually sucks in September and this years appears to be no different. I expect Fatterson to improve on last years 5-7 season, and getting points at home seems like a bonus. Yeah they won't have a packed house, but they wont have to travel in this crazy ass covid environment. Also don't hate that Bama line. They usually blast people in week 1, and who knows what you get with a new coach at Mizzou. Will probably talk myself into a couple of others before long. Nothing too crazy as its really hard to know how some of these teams will adapt to the new norm. 

Texas Tech +17.5 seems like easy money which means there's no way I'm betting on this game. Taking off the burnt orange glasses, Tech always seems to play up when we come to Lubbock. Last time we had to win the game on a drive with 20 seconds left on the clock. 4 years ago Foreman had to rush for 300+ yards and the D needed to intercept Mahomes for us to win the game. 17.5 is too many points. Then again, who the fuck is Houston Baptist?

Also looking at the under in the Baylor/KU and Aggy/Vandy game. LSU/Miss St is another I'd look at but that total is way too low for me to put money on.

1 hour ago, HRSchenker said:

Texas Tech +17.5 seems like easy money which means there's no way I'm betting on this game. Taking off the burnt orange glasses, Tech always seems to play up when we come to Lubbock. Last time we had to win the game on a drive with 20 seconds left on the clock. 4 years ago Foreman had to rush for 300+ yards and the D needed to intercept Mahomes for us to win the game. 17.5 is too many points. Then again, who the fuck is Houston Baptist?

Also looking at the under in the Baylor/KU and Aggy/Vandy game. LSU/Miss St is another I'd look at but that total is way too low for me to put money on.

Tech was in a shout with Houston Baptist...  I have to think our D will be able to stop them some and our offense will be able to score with ease if Houston Baptist can and now that we have Herman away from play calling and we aren’t huge pussies with any small lead...  Texas should cover easy, if we don’t then it might be a long season again.

On 9/23/2020 at 7:22 PM, HRSchenker said:

Goddammit I should have put my money where my mouth is. 

So our little gambling consortium group is going again where we have maybe 16 of us and each week everyone picks SNF and MNF, and one person picks 3 college/2 pro or 4 college, 1 pro game.  Point spread bets only.  This week is me.  Whaddya got?

Thoughts-

Texas v OU (-2.5)- taking Texas (I think it comes down to Ehllinger v Rattler, and I don't have faith in Rattler)

Fla (-7) @ aggy-  taking FLA (Mond sucks, Jimbo cratering Tamu)

Alabama (-24) at Ole Miss - taking Ole Miss (Kiffin can come up with SOMETHING to keep it closer than 24, yes?)

talk me out of the above or offer alternates, please.

23 hours ago, Sbbruin said:

So our little gambling consortium group is going again where we have maybe 16 of us and each week everyone picks SNF and MNF, and one person picks 3 college/2 pro or 4 college, 1 pro game.  Point spread bets only.  This week is me.  Whaddya got?

Thoughts-

Texas v OU (-2.5)- taking Texas (I think it comes down to Ehllinger v Rattler, and I don't have faith in Rattler)

Fla (-7) @ aggy-  taking FLA (Mond sucks, Jimbo cratering Tamu)

Alabama (-24) at Ole Miss - taking Ole Miss (Kiffin can come up with SOMETHING to keep it closer than 24, yes?)

talk me out of the above or offer alternates, please.

I'm also on Fla -7.

I actually do like Kiffin to cover but not enough to put it on my card.  He loves being a thorn in Saban's side and you know he will have them up for it at home.  Bama also has UGA next week.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, 40acredropout said:

I also have:

South Carolina -13 @ Vandy

K state +8.5 @ TCU

Boston College +6 vs. Pitt.

Tulane + 7 @ Houston.

I already know I'm a dumb fuck so don't have to tell me.

That's the concern I have, is I'm picked road teams in every game.  That can't be a good strategy.

52 minutes ago, Sbbruin said:

That's the concern I have, is I'm picked road teams in every game.  That can't be a good strategy.

Yeah I hear ya...  My working thesis early on was that empty stadiums would negate home field advantages but not sure I've seen enough to support it.  I do get weary when I see all the road picks but I still THINK I see value in these.  But again, I'm an idiot so we will see.

Added Ole Miss to my card last week last minute which would have had me at 4-1 and a solid week.  Naturally, my drunkass broke my promise to myself to not touch the Horns again this season and about wiped out my week.  What is bankroll management?

This week liking:

SMU -6.5 @ Tulane

BC +11 @ Va Tech

NC State -4.5 vs Duke

A&M -6.5 @ Miss State

Ole Miss -3 @ Arkansas 

Bunch of away teams again which scares me but going to go with it. 

Broke my Ofer streak with BYU -3.5 then have aTm -4.5,  Ole Miss -1.5, & Auburn -3.  

Seattle has a bye this week so no hope for them to save my ass again...

edit to add NC FSU under 64.5.  FSU sucks but MB won’t run the score up on the school he graduated from.   

Edited by SDG

Not a great week... Went 2-3 on the above.  Chased my losses with Bama so that worked out okay but still barely broke even.

I fucking hate Tulane.  Bet for them, screw me.  Bet against them, screw me.  I was also on the wrong end of their insane hail mary at the buzzer last year against Houston.  Add them to the Horns on my list of unbettables.