College football 2020

Hook1997

2 hours ago, 40acredropout said:

Not a great week... Went 2-3 on the above.  Chased my losses with Bama so that worked out okay but still barely broke even.

I fucking hate Tulane.  Bet for them, screw me.  Bet against them, screw me.  I was also on the wrong end of their insane hail mary at the buzzer last year against Houston.  Add them to the Horns on my list of unbettables. 

I went 3 - 3 on college football so was down slightly due to fees.  I won both of my NFL bets (Tampa +2.5, & San Fran + 3.5) which helps.  Overall I'm still down ~25% for the year.  

I play 100% for entertainment so if & when my account goes dry I'll be done betting until next year.  

• Hook 'Em 1

This year has been easy money if you're betting against Texas. 1-4 this year against the spread with the only victory being the opening game against UTEP. Although Tom Herman has a great individual record as a head coach at Houston and Texas, his tenure here has been bad when favored to win. 46% win when considered the favorite, 43% win when considered the favorite at home. 

Last week was kind to me.  4-1.  Whiffed on NC State (I underestimated how shitty their QB situation was) but hit BC, K-State, Bama and the Over (43.5) in the Notre Dame @ Pitt game.  

Early lines I'm liking most this week:

KSU +3.5 @ WVU is a line I've probably liked more than any other Big 12 game this season; will take KSU ML.  That of course probably means WVU covers, but nonetheless this will probably be my biggest bet this weekend.  Please tell me why I'm an idiot on this one-  KSU seems to be getting better and better and I have been completely unimpressed with WVU.

Notre Dame -20 @ Georgia Tech who lost by 21 to BC last week and Clemson by 67 the week before.

Edited by 40acredropout
  • Hook 'Em 2

Added the following to the tab:

• Cinci -7 vs. Memphis <--- Really impressed blowing out SMU on the road last week.  Don't think 7 is enough points, especially at home.
  • Minnesota -20 @ Maryland  <--- PTSD betting against Maryland but they're that bad.
  • Ole Miss -16.5 @ Vandy  <-- Still can't believe Vandy played A&M as close as they did because this is a really bad team.  Think Lane Train rolls them.
  • BYU -29 vs Western Kentucky <-- Think Vegas has underestimated this BYU team all season-  5-1 ATS and I think this isn't enough points.

Noticed a pretty strong late line movement in favor of Hawaii tonight:

image.png.63aaa4e8a63308331c12b781e1b474b6.png

Chilly in Laramie tonight, so I hate to take Hawaii especially as they aren't traditionally a great road team. But they have been on the mainland since last week so they didnt just get off a long plane ride. You can tell I'm trying to justify this bet. Fuck it, I'm down Hawaii -2.5. Fair warning, if this week goes like last week, you're better off fading my ass. Also took a small stab at Hawaii -6.5 +145. If there was a game after this Hawaii game, I'd bet that one as well. 

3-3 on the week.  Naturally the two I was most confident in (K State and ND) were whiffs. That said, ND had the ball inside the 5 with the opportunity to cover as time expired so that was fun.

Mad at myself for not sticking to my gut and going with BC again, who has been one of my money horses this year (along with BYU).  

22 hours ago, closetohumping said:

Anything better than betting the Mac midweek?

The answer is and always will be no.  Last night was great.

Getting in on the games tonight as well:

• Nevada -10 1H v Utah State.   The Nevada QB is fucking legit and the Utah State qb is.... quite the opposite.  
  • Wyoming -3 @ Colorado State.  Nothing intelligent to add... I thought Wyoming looked good last week so rolling with it.
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, closetohumping said:

Mac Tuesday!!

I've got:

• Ohio -27.5 v Akron -  Akron is that bad.
  • Kent State -21.5 @ Bowling Green - BG's roster is 60% freshman and their QB went 8-30 w/ 2 picks last week. 
  • Miami @ Buffalo O56 - These teams return 86% and 80% of offensive production from last year (ranks 10th and 16th in FBS) that combined to average 55.6 ppg.  They both gave up over 30 points last week.

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, 40acredropout said:

I've got:

• Kent State -21.5 @ Bowling Green - BG's roster is 60% freshman and their QB went 8-30 w/ 2 picks last week. 
  • Miami @ Buffalo O56 - These teams return 86% and 80% of offensive production from last year (ranks 10th and 16th in FBS) that combined to average 55.6 ppg.  They both gave up over 30 points last week.

I like that Ohio.  I have been straight fire since Saturday night.  LFG!!!

18 hours ago, 40acredropout said:

I've got:

Fuck me, I know nothing.  1-2.  

• Rage+1 1

21 hours ago, Hook1997 said:

I actually went like 6-2-1 Saturday 

I was an idiot and took the other side of the Iowa/Minnesota game on Friday but went 5-0 Saturday (ND -11.5, FL -17, UVA L'ville U66, Wisconsin -6.5, Indiana -7).  Naturally the first week of the year I didn't put down a sucker parlay with my picks.

• Hook 'Em 1

Threw $50 on LSU +15. Not sure what line I would have hesitated to push that one through on - but it would have been lower than 15. 

Also just parlayed $20 on Michigan +1, K St +6, Tech +11.5 at +600

Needed some shit to watch today ig

Edited by ztejas
  • Hook 'Em 1

5 hours ago, ztejas said:

Threw $50 on LSU +15. Not sure what line I would have hesitated to push that one through on - but it would have been lower than 15. 

I like Colorado -5 vs SDST Vegas has under valued them all season, they have covered both their games so far.  

11 hours ago, ztejas said:

Fucking Michigan. 

Oh well. 3/4. Thank God LSU backdoor covered that shit. What a shitshow football game...

I'm honestly not seeing much I really like this week.  Gotta research these some more but wanted to see if y'all had any thoughts:

• NC State -6.5 v GT 
  • U57 Bowling Green @ Akron (each of their season highs add up to 59 points... they haven't played anybody as shitty as each other either though)
  • Florida -17 @ Tennessee
  • I won't do it but fuck, K State +7 hosting a distracted Texas team
  • Texas Tech -15 1H v Kansas
  • Bama -17 1H @ LSU

22 hours ago, 40acredropout said:

I'm honestly not seeing much I really like this week.  Gotta research these some more but wanted to see if y'all had any thoughts:

• NC State -6.5 v GT 
  • U57 Bowling Green @ Akron (each of their season highs add up to 59 points... they haven't played anybody as shitty as each other either though)
  • Florida -17 @ Tennessee
  • I won't do it but fuck, K State +7 hosting a distracted Texas team
  • Texas Tech -15 1H v Kansas
  • Bama -17 1H @ LSU

Added:

• Airforce -11.5 -  looking good.
  • BC +4 @ UVA 
  • BYU -10 @ Coastal Carolina.  They've been my horse all year.  Going big (for me) on this one.  
  • Hook 'Em 1

22 hours ago, 40acredropout said:

I won't do it but fuck, K State +7 hosting a distracted Texas team

I think I heard Texas is like 1 and 7 in our last 8 covering the spread.

Just checked every line. Nothing jumps out enough for me to put money down. Yet at least. 

Ironically, the line I like best is OU -21.5 at home against Baylor. That's going to be a fucking slaughter.

Threw $25 on Cuse +34. Might throw another few bucks on OU -21.5 later.

Well. Fuck. Should have added a 0 to that one. Barring a 2nd half blowout.

Or barring ND scoring 2 TDs in the last 1:30 of the 2nd Q 

The Office Reaction GIF

Edited by ztejas