So who's all going to the game?

Jersey Man10

anyone having trouble with the app?  My friend is trying to transfer tickets to me, but the app won't link to the TexasSports account.  I've tried logging in under both of our accounts and it just won't work.  I've followed the mobile headquarters instructions on TexasSports.com.  We've worked on this for over an hour now and my rage is building.  Thought I'd at least toss it out there and see if anyone else has run into something similar.

33 minutes ago, someguy said:

anyone having trouble with the app?  My friend is trying to transfer tickets to me, but the app won't link to the TexasSports account.  I've tried logging in under both of our accounts and it just won't work.  I've followed the mobile headquarters instructions on TexasSports.com.  We've worked on this for over an hour now and my rage is building.  Thought I'd at least toss it out there and see if anyone else has run into something similar.

If he has the mobile tickets in his wallet, you could try taking screenshots of the tickets and texting them. I can't guarantee this works but I don't see why they wouldn't since it's just the QR code.

I was able to transfer the mobile tickets to the others in my group but will be using screenshots for the Stadium club passes since I didn't see anywhere to transfer them.

Edited by LonghornSean
  • Hook 'Em 1

The app is not working for me right now either. Try it on a desktop

35 minutes ago, LonghornSean said:

If he has the mobile tickets in his wallet, you could try taking screenshots of the tickets and texting them. I can't guarantee this works but I don't see why they wouldn't since it's just the QR code.

I was able to transfer the mobile tickets to the others in my group but will be using screenshots for the Stadium club passes since I didn't see anywhere to transfer them.

I thought of that and have screen shots.  The problem is the TexasSports website specifically says screenshots are not a valid means of entrance.  If I can't get it into the wallet, I have to figure out if I want to drive up to the stadium, park (I do have the parking pass), and risk getting turned away.  I really, really want to go to the game, but I really, really do not want to go through all that and then have to head home and potentially miss a chunk of the game.

I get the need for e-tickets and realize nobody likes the situation we are in and I'm grateful to even have football, but hot damn it sucks to have such a crappy app and website with so little support.

some guy, tickets can also be transferred by email. Go to texassports.com > TICKETS > Ticket Transfer / Vet Tix. They have instructions from there. That’s how my recipient wanted to get the tickets.

My tickets were on both the website and app, but it didn’t give me anything to click to transfer. The app said it would be available 48 hours before kickoff. Fuck that shit. I spent 3 hours on the phone (mostly on hold) with the LHF on three separate phone calls. They couldn’t figure out what was wrong. Then, a little sleuthing on my part discovered that they hadn’t charged my credit card for a lousy $337 remaining balance that was supposed to be charged on 8/10. I told them that might clear the tickets for transfer, but they really wanted me to use Will Call. I politely declined. Almost 18 hours later (during my 4th phone call) they charged my card, and POOF, the tickets were ready to transfer.

And no, they didn’t thank me for figuring out their problem. 

Edited by ImissWallyPryor
  • Hook 'Em 2

On Saturday, about 18,000 fans are expected to attend the Longhorns’ first game in person, said John Bianco, a spokesperson for the university's athletic department, in an email.

https://www.texastribune.org/2020/09/11/texas-college-football-coronavirus/

So only 18k out of a possible ~25K. Kinda surprising imho ...

Edited by wood

1 hour ago, wood said:

Does the 25k include everyone?  If so, then 18k fans and players, band, attendants, etc. isn't that far off*.

*there is no math in this statement.

5 minutes ago, Herpa Derpa said:

Does the 25k include everyone?  If so, then 18k fans and players, band, attendants, etc. isn't that far off*.

*there is no math in this statement.

No idea. Bianco did say it was a sellout, but they're only expecting 18k fans. I was under the impression that fan capacity would be 25%  of seating capacity, but who knows.

On Saturday, about 18,000 fans are expected to attend the Longhorns’ first game in person, said John Bianco, a spokesperson for the university's athletic department, in an email.

First....Texas Tribune is a whiney ass bitch rag (no CR).

Second...capacity without the South Endzone is far below 100K.

1 hour ago, MirrOlure said:

First....Texas Tribune is a whiney ass bitch rag (no CR).

Second...capacity without the South Endzone is far below 100K.

First, I only used TT the numbers & the quotes.

Second, the DKR capacity without the SEZ isn't even close to just 72K. More like 90-95K+

Edited by wood

2 hours ago, South Austin said:

Been a Longhorn fan since I enrolled in UT in 1994 after my parents moved to Texas and I transferred from N.C. State. This is the first home opener I’ve missed since then. Even during my four years in Dallas after law school I attended every home opener and missed only 1-2 home games.

Same but 1989 for me. 

7 hours ago, ImissWallyPryor said:

Wear gloves. 

Depends on if you're passing or receiving.  

Yeah, somebody mentioned it upthread......but it's weird to think about.  I think this is just my second missed season opener since 1995 (didn't miss road starters either like @UND or @UMD...but missing this one).  In an alternate timeline, we'd be in Baton Rouge right now trying to sober up before kick-off.  As it stands, I'll be content to watch the first three quarters tonight and get to bed early.  If you're at the game right now, be safe tonight. 

And remember, politics aside...no matter what the hoaxers say about opening schools and how certain demographics can't spread the virus:  Miners can transmit Covid-19.  

On 9/12/2020 at 7:23 PM, LonghornSean said:

Percentage of people actually wearing masks in their seats is 20% at best where I’m at. Everyone is spaced out, but just saying.

We didn't wear mask at our seats as we were drinking beer and I don't think anyone was within 15 or 20 feet of us.  There appeared to be 100% mask compliance anytime people were in the concourse or filing in or out of seats.   For the 24 hour period leading up to game, I would assess my COVID infection risk locations as follows:  (1) pre-game 20 minutes at house party with 3 families, (2) Czech Stop to piss on way back (everyone masked up but way too many people in there), (3)  Costco in Dallas Saturday AM and (4) DKR Saturday night.  In sum, DKR seemed pretty damn safe.