Louisiana at Iowa State

Al_4_ISU

I'm starting to think Matt Campbell might be kind of overrated as a head coach. 
Just kidding. I've thought that for awhile. At least he's not going to lose to Kirk Ferentz again this year. 

Starting to agree. Seeing the same pattern as Paul Rhoads, although Campbell is a way better recruiter.

3 minutes ago, Al_4_ISU said:

Starting to agree. Seeing the same pattern as Paul Rhoads, although Campbell is a way better recruiter.

Curious--what are your thoughts on Dan McCarney?

I always respected the hell out of him. I know Campbell has been more consistent, maybe Rhoads, too, but McCarney captained the ship during an era in which the Big 12 was arguably the nation's best conference.

Curious--what are your thoughts on Dan McCarney?
I always respected the hell out of him. I know Campbell has been more consistent, maybe Rhoads, too, but McCarney captained the ship during an era in which the Big 12 was arguably the nation's best conference.

Great program builder/culture guy. Above average recruiter. Comically bad in game coach.

I like Mac as a dude and greatly appreciate what he did to lay the foundation here, but his ability to choke in the same exact fashion on a repeated basis was something else.
  • Hook 'Em 1