UTSA @ Texas St

BurntOrange&White

54 minutes ago, Bevo VIII said:

7-7 early on

Jeff Traylor’s debut.

https://txstatebobcats.com/sports/football/coaches

https://goutsa.com/coaches.aspx?path=football

Traylor assembled a good staff    SEC experience (OC/DC)  Matt Mattox, OL coach,  Rod Wright, DL.

Spavital,  not so much.   Not much P5 experience.   Tevin Mims, OLB coach

• Hook 'Em 1

12 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:
30 minutes ago, ButtFumble said:
this Spav offense sucks so far
they seem to have no clue where the first down line is, they have no guts to go for anything, and they play way too conservative
there is some opportunity there, but they are just not going for them

I absolutely do not get the Spav hype.

I never understood it either other than he was young and came on the cheap other than that he did not really have shit

I was 100% wrong on this game so far though Texas State looks like shit and like the team with no game under their belt

Spav is going to have to fire his brother as DC possibly and I did not realize the QB from last week is out, but their running game looks like shit vs last week mainly because tey do not seem to be giving it much of a chance and that is allowing massive pressure on the QB

Spav also seems to run these same shitty failed "air raid" plays where the receiver catches the ball while stopped or while moving back towards the LOS and then he is suppose to "make a play" and somehow get the 3 or 4 yards needed for the first down (similar to the shit UT was running for the last few years as well).....that shit never works and is even shittier in an "air raid"

they seem to have no life in them and they are running every play like they are going through the motions and the play calling is like they are "saving it for the regular season" or "for conference where it really matters"

zero indication they are playing easily their biggest rival and a team they 100% recruit against

one other thing that always bugs me I think it is a moronic move to take the ball to start the game that seems to never work especially for the coaches that do it consistently

I can see doing it occasionally if there is a solid reason, but these "offensive oriented" coaches that always do that shit always seem to end up one of two ways.....they have drive on O to end that half that starts out great and then suddenly stalls and they either get no points or 3 points instead of 7 and then instead of coming right back out in the 3rd quarter and trying to get the momentum again they kick off while the offense sits there getting colder

of they give up a big play or worse yet a long ass drive to the other team that gets 7 and then gets the ball to start the second half and they usually give up more points

Edited by ButtFumble

1 minute ago, Nicole44 said:

Cool to see the Roadrunners looking sharp. Traylor should have them competitive. He was a great hire for them. 

two teams with a lot of potential here both got screwed in ways out of their control early in their D1-A start with not getting bowl game offers when they had the wins to do so then both lost momentum with retread big name coaches right after that and they have struggled since

• Hook 'Em 1