Game thread: Miners v. Longhorns

South Austin

11 hours ago, Huckleberry said:

Yeah, the homer network that brought in Andre Ware to call a game and then ran a short segment of Texas lowlights against him.

They fucking suck. And now I want VY to have a talk show on the network and invite his buddies Leinart and Bush to be guests so they can talk about how much better the Fox Sports studio crew is than any of the ones on ESPN.

Snowflake 

I can't think of a season opener in quite a while that was more enjoyable than last night. Maybe it's just because I didn't think we would get to a point where the game last night was going to be possible. Everything seemed to be clicking from the get go. Yeah, it's UTEP but offense looked great. Defense was strong. Dicker needs to make his field goals. Overall, a nice way to open the season before they inevitably crush my soul. 

• Hook 'Em 4

Just now, mdmost said:

I can't think of a season opener in quite a while that was more enjoyable than last night. Maybe it's just because I didn't think we would get to a point where the game last night was going to be possible. Everything seemed to be clicking from the get go. Yeah, it's UTEP but offense looked great. Defense was strong. Dicker needs to make his field goals. Overall, a nice way to open the season before they inevitably crush my soul. 

We look like I hoped we would look like last season. Thank God Herman found enough humility to clean house. Assuming we play a full slate, more than 1 loss this season in conference play will be an underachievement. 

2 hours ago, mdmost said:

I was concerned about the secondary. Most of the game, the UTEP QB could have thrown 5-7 yard passes to the right without the guy being covered.  We were outnumbered over there frequently, 3 to 2 defenders (not counting the safety 30 yards back) or 2 to 1 defender.  They didn't take advantage of it very often.

• Hook 'Em 1

13 hours ago, Huckleberry said:

Yeah, the homer network that brought in Andre Ware to call a game and then ran a short segment of Texas lowlights against him.

They fucking suck. And now I want VY to have a talk show on the network and invite his buddies Leinart and Bush to be guests so they can talk about how much better the Fox Sports studio crew is than any of the ones on ESPN.

Did you have the same problem with the ads I had?  They would run those UT public service ads like the Freshman Research Initiative and the sound was way off from the video.  It was worse than watching a dubbed Japanese Godzilla movie.

I'd seen those ads before and they didn't have the same problem.  But they had it all night.

43 minutes ago, bullet said:

Did you have the same problem with the ads I had?  They would run those UT public service ads like the Freshman Research Initiative and the sound was way off from the video.  It was worse than watching a dubbed Japanese Godzilla movie.

I'd seen those ads before and they didn't have the same problem.  But they had it all night.

No, I avoided the audio sync issue by listening to the online radio feed and syncing that to the video. Fortunately the online radio feed was behind my video so it could be done.

17 hours ago, 0xdeadbeef said:

We finally get the same type advantage that the top ACC and SEC have had for years.  A couple tough conferences games and a bunch of conference cream puffs.  It hasn't mattered that the 2nd best team in the ACC has been total crap, because Clemson walked the walk.  Beat OU and we should be gold.

Do not weauxf the Football Gawdz.