Kai Money should starts

Beau Vine

26 minutes ago, B00M said:

We haven't had this many WRs, RBs, and TEs with reliable hands like this since... 2005? 

Our 2008 team had a great group of pass catchers. That was the year we stopped playing with a tight end, but we had Shipley, Cosby, Collins, Kirkendol, and Chris O. out of the backfield. 

And 2018 was solid with Humphrey, Johnson, Duvernay, Beck and Tre Watson.

But yeah, for most of the past 15 years we’ve lacked a group of reliable pass catchers. Hope this year is different.

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, HornsOverIthaca said:

There be Jews in the RGV?  Well I’ll be darned.

There are Jews all over South Texas.  Many arrived at Galveston when their ships were diverted from NY and NO by other Jews alarmed at their concentration there.  When they found easy land ownership and mercantile opportunities, word got back to the "old world" to come here in the first place.

One of the weird features of the Jewish fraternities.  Lots of kids from out of state, and some pretty serious redneck, ranch Jews.

• Hook 'Em 1

31 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

There are Jews all over South Texas.  Many arrived at Galveston when their ships were diverted from NY and NO by other Jews alarmed at their concentration there.  When they found easy land ownership and mercantile opportunities, word got back to the "old world" to come here in the first place.

One of the weird features of the Jewish fraternities.  Lots of kids from out of state, and some pretty serious redneck, ranch Jews.

200.gif

1 hour ago, perfectchaos007 said:

Hey we can’t be allowing players to hook up with coeds right now as they may be carrying Covid. Save it for after the season

Are you the HS coach from Dazed and Confused?

"I    Kai Money     agree  to not indulge in any alcohol, drugs, sex after twelve, or engage in any other illegal activity that may in any way jeopardise the years of hard work we as a team have committed to our goal of a championship season in 2020"

• Hook 'Em 2

11 minutes ago, Llano Estacado said:

Are you the HS coach from Dazed and Confused?

"I    Kai Money     agree  to not indulge in any alcohol, drugs, sex after twelve, or engage in any other illegal activity that may in any way jeopardise the years of hard work we as a team have committed to our goal of a championship season in 2020"

so he has to watch Cuties then?

5 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

This no bullshit, when I was a freshman living in Dobie virtually the entire 8th floor was ZBT pledges from the valley....

• Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, Ignatius said:

This no bullshit, when I was a freshman living in Dobie virtually the entire 8th floor was ZBT pledges from the valley....

Can confirm.  One of my classic foot in mouth moments happened at a party in Dobie. Saw a minora on top of a tv and said, "whoa, there are Jews in Texas?"

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, MissingInAction said:

Can confirm.  One of my classic foot in mouth moments happened at a party in Dobie. Saw a minora on top of a tv and said, "whoa, there are Jews in Texas?"

Some great ZBTs of the ranch Jew variety lived a couple doors down in the condoplex I lived in Jr. & Sr. year.  They were hilarious and good sports about their Jewishness.  Had a nice 10 pointer mounted above the fireplace. Wearing a prayer shawl (deer are actually kosher).  Boots, Wranglers, trucks, and hunting were more natural for them than a lot of goy kids from Texas burbs.

On 9/14/2020 at 10:01 AM, Dennis Taylor said:

St Joseph's Academy is the preeminent Jewish school in the Rio Grande Valley 

23 hours ago, HornsOverIthaca said:

There be Jews in the RGV?  Well I’ll be darned.

23 hours ago, HornsOverIthaca said:

That is fascinating.

23 hours ago, Bevo VIII said:

Today I learned

Maybe my meter is broken, but no. St. Joe’s is a catholic school, with a shitton of rich Mexican National students from Matamoros & even Monterrey. Most valley whites go private up until high school, then send their kids to the public schools and get that near guaranteed top 8% spot or whatever. But some do go to St. Joseph’s. If I heard right I think the Money’s own a bunch of shit on SPI, and might even live there. Guess he didn’t feel like playing for Port Isabel. 

The Legend continues.   Nice story on Kai.   Trained with Jaxon Shipley.  (excerpts)

For Money, that marathon started years ago at Saint Joseph. He threw 91 career touchdowns and was a four-time 1,000-yard rusher for the Bloodhounds. But aside from some FCS and Division II schools, the undersized private-school standout failed to gain much recruiting interest.

At one point, it looked like he would accept an offer from Houston’s track and field program and then try to walk on with the Cougars’ football team. But Money went into Villarreal’s office one day to announce that he was going to Texas. That was his dream school, and he had been saying since he was young that he’d be a Texas football player. He would just take his chances with a walk-on tryout.

In order to make it, he had to switch from quarterback to receiver, a position he had never played before. His private quarterbacks coach connected him with Jaxon Shipley, the former Longhorns star who now trains receivers himself. Money trained with Shipley when he got to Austin, even borrowing a friend’s car to get to some workouts.

“I started to realize after a month that man, he’s starting to get this thing down,” said Shipley, whose 218 career receptions still rank third in UT history.

https://www.hookem.com/story/20200915/money-moment-texas-walk-kai-money-cashed-chance-play-utep/

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...