Eagles is...

GhostOfTomJoad

WORK IN PROCESS....

Texas offensive coordinator Mike Yurcich, who is super intense about the details, this week was asked about Eagles.

“His confidence level is growing,” Yurcich said. “We’ve got to get Brennan playing as fast as he possibly can. However fast he is - if he’s a four-four guy in the 40 - we’ve got to make sure he’s running a four-four when we snap the ball. When he’s processing everything, we need to make sure he’s reacting and not hesitant. When he lines up, he needs to know how to adjust based on coverage. That comes with repetition after repetition after repetition. That’s the name of the game.”

1 minute ago, Dr. Beeper said:

He is more talented than both. First, CJ wasn’t that talented. Second, Eagles is the big body that CJ is - with speed. 

This is dead wrong, but I'm sure that won't stop you. Talent is more than just size and speed. Eagles lacks agility and struggles to sink his hips leading to poor routes. CJ and Duv are miles better at route running and have better hands. Both are more talented than Eagles. 

• Hook 'Em 2

6 minutes ago, WBT said:

...object of the first irrational surly pile-on of the year.  At least it means the offseason's over!

I mean, both the eyeballs and the stat sheet says he's our best returning player at maybe our thinnest position.

And he seems like a great kid (and yes, I'm aware of the tweet).

1 minute ago, Dr. Beeper said:

He doesn’t lack agility at all. Perhaps relative to DD he does, but his agility and quickness is miles better than CJ. 

Route running I need to watch more of. 

You seriously have no idea what you're talking about. He's struggled with it since high school and still does.  CJ has way better agility and ability to dip his hips. It's not close. Eagles has a very limited route tree, because of physical limitations, ie lack of talent in that area. 

Edited by Burt Macklin
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

You seriously have no idea what you're talking about. He's struggled with it since high school and still does.  CJ has way better agility and ability to dip his hips. 

Freak Nasty wanna see can y'all do this right here for me?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Dr. Beeper said:

Lol I played receiver, have a son who’s a stud receiver, and study receivers. CJ had no quickness. No ability to separate. He may have been “agile” for his legitimate 6’6” frame, but Eagles is significantly more agile. And faster. And has ability to separate. Again, I don’t study his route running. 

If you're so adept at assessing receivers, why don't you study their routes?

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, longhornmatt said:

Eagles had elite shuttle times in high school.  He’s not as agile as a 5’8” NFL slot, but he’s plenty agile for a 6’4” 220 pound guy.  And more agile than CJ.  

None of his issues are physical.

Nope. His shuttle time was good but that's a very different drill than running routes. A 3 cone would be more accurate for what I'm talking about. He still struggles with route running. He lacks flexibility and struggles to sink his hips in routes, leading to bad breaks on routes and poor route running. It's been something that's been noted about him since HS. 

Lol I played receiver, have a son who’s a stud receiver, and study receivers. CJ had no quickness. No ability to separate. He may have been “agile” for his legitimate 6’6” frame, but Eagles is significantly more agile. And faster. And has ability to separate. Again, I don’t study his route running. 

You play receiver every Saturday night at Zippers...
  • Hook 'Em 2

3 hours ago, Burt Macklin said:

This is dead wrong, but I'm sure that won't stop you. Talent is more than just size and speed. Eagles lacks agility and struggles to sink his hips leading to poor routes. CJ and Duv are miles better at route running and have better hands. Both are more talented than Eagles. 

Lulz. 

• Hook 'Em 1