Eagles is...

GhostOfTomJoad

He sure seems to be lagging behind in an offense that can make walk-ons and grad transfers with a week of practice look like superstars.  I think it may be a similar issue to the issue with BJ Foster: his role was more important under his old coordinator than it is under the new one and he's struggling to adjust.  

• 5 months later...
14 hours ago, Machinator said:

EwR_xoyWEAIaRkM?format=png&name=small

I love perusing this guy's stuff (@mathbomb on the Twitters), but his size scores are idiotic especially for a position like wide receiver. Eagle's speed and agility scores tell you everything you need to know.

Edited by Sock Monkey
  • Hook 'Em 1

• 1 month later...

This might have been said before. But this kid is one of the more self aware players I've seen lately. 

He knew he was going to be behind TO this coming year. So ,say what you want about him entering the draft when he did. He struck when the iron was as hot as it was gonna get for him. 

Congratulations on signing with the cowboys. What texas kid wouldn't want that?

58 minutes ago, NorLa Horns said:

This might have been said before. But this kid is one of the more self aware players I've seen lately. 

He knew he was going to be behind TO this coming year. So ,say what you want about him entering the draft when he did. He struck when the iron was as hot as it was gonna get for him. 

Congratulations on signing with the cowboys. What texas kid wouldn't want that?

Between the drops and injuries, Eagles may have gotten a lot of opportunities to improve his stock this year. It seems like he just gave up. 

10 hours ago, Eggo said:

Between the drops and injuries, Eagles may have gotten a lot of opportunities to improve his stock this year. It seems like he just gave up. 

May not want to play school anymore -- But not being better prepared for his pro-day has really set him back.

Crazy to think with that much potential, Eagles may not even make a practice squad in the NFL.

Eagles was a top-100 overall prospect nationally out of Houston's Alief Taylor High School in 2018 when the Longhorns penned him to a National Letter of Intent. 

Overview

Big receiver who tested well coming out of high school and is likely to do the same before the 2021 NFL Draft. This is an important bit of information, as height, weight, size and explosiveness always catch the eyes of NFL evaluators. However, the tape will show a linear route-runner who struggles to get off press. He primarily poses a third-level threat but has below-average contested-catch talent and suspect hands. Eagles is a one-dimensional wideout who hasn't mastered his one dimension, but teams are often willing to take shots on players with rare physical gifts, which could land Eagles on a practice squad.

Strengths

• Imposing size to overwhelm smaller corners.
  • Former sprinter and jumper as high school track man.
  • Explosive leaper with impressive build-up speed deep.
  • Averaged almost 17 yards per catch during career.
  • Offers slant-and-go potential to hit the big play.
  • Comfortable tracking deep ball on the move.
  • Size to become a plus run blocker if he commits.

Weaknesses

• Struggled to get away from Oklahoma press.
  • Routes are too leggy and gradual.
  • Missing gather-and-cut quickness to get in and out of breaks.
  • Needs to stack cornerbacks quickly after bypassing.
  • Hands have been disappointing.
  • Disappointing results winning 50-50 balls relative to his size.
  • Below-average use of length to rescue throws outside the frame.

• Like 1

That’s somewhat of an odd evaluation in that the strengths are “could be” if he’d use those attributes to his advantage. And of course in his prior high school life, he could run and jump, but he’s not good using those skills for 50/50 balls. Apparently he could block if he wanted, but he chooses otherwise. That size and speed combo is good, he just can’t separate against OU guys.

Lmao at the idea Eagles would have been behind TO, a kid that has yet to play in an actual college game to this point and didn't really jump off the screen in the Spring game either.

Eagles skill set didn't exactly match the skill set of his QB in college and on top of that for all but one year his position coach was a shithead and his head coach was even a bigger shit head. Honestly that coaching staff didn't do any of these kids any favor. Not sure why he wasn't prepared for his pro day or where is head is at as I don't know him personally but it wouldn't surprise me if he has a much better NFL career than a college career. 

1 hour ago, SarkAfterDark said:

Not sure why he wasn't prepared for his pro day or where is head is at as I don't know him personally but it wouldn't surprise me if he has a much better NFL career than a college career. 

Since he's been a huge disappointment in college, it won't take much to be better...

Edited by LTtxfan

• 3 months later...
1 minute ago, perfectchaos007 said:

Good news for Eagles is there are more open job positions than unemployed people right now. Just about all warehouses are offering $15/hr right now for new hires.

Shit, go to Crested Butte.  Every business in town has job openings.  You may have to camp in order to afford lodging, but you'll be employed.

1 minute ago, Wiler77 said:

Shit, go to Crested Butte.  Every business in town has job openings.  You may have to camp in order to afford lodging, but you'll be employed.

I drove by the Pizza Hut near TCU a few days back, and the sign out front said "Now hiring, starting pay $20/hr". I've also seen McDonalds with starting pay at $15/hr signs out front.

Businesses are desperate for new hires right now.

11 hours ago, perfectchaos007 said:

I drove by the Pizza Hut near TCU a few days back, and the sign out front said "Now hiring, starting pay $20/hr". I've also seen McDonalds with starting pay at $15/hr signs out front.

He aint goin to no damn TCU

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, perfectchaos007 said:

slide-2.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

12 hours ago, Wiler77 said:

I was in Breckenridge in June, and the local Safeway had a sign in the meat market saying "assistant butcher needed.  $22.50 per hour to start".  Everything was expensive of course, I can remember getting a gallon of organic milk for $8.30.

4 hours ago, THUJONE said:

Drove through rockies for a little road trip. Housing in all the destination places is so expensive that there are no workers. Time to start paying people real money, motherfuckers.

Oh it’s happening despite the minimum wage being $7.25/hr. Almost no one is willing to work at that rate at any job, so businesses are choosing between paying employees more, or not having employees