Two LA Sherrif Deputies ambushed. Gunman at large

taco

4 hours ago, workswithseed said:

Dude just walks up and shoots them.  

In the video that was less grainy than the initial video, the suspect almost appeared female. Watch him/her walk up to the patrol car. Tricky to tell from that angle, but I'm 5'5 and that person doesn't appear to be much off that height based on the vehicle.

1 minute ago, Clintonaldo said:

That’s true. I didn’t watch the videos but I did read Twice’s comments so I will delete what I said. 

I mean, it's really bad taste, at the very least.  But it's somewhat understandable.

As long as cops are going to demand that we not judge them all on the actions of a few, the same standard should apply to actual BLM protests, versus looters and rioters, versus random black dudes talking shit.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Will the usual crowd here dig into the cops’ backgrounds to decide if they deserved it or not because they had a parking ticket or a use of force complaint?

Or is that just reserved for when cops murder a black man and we gotta decide if he was arrested 5 years ago so he deserved to be murdered?

Were they parked outside of their rape victim’s home with a knife?  Maybe the video doesn’t show the previous physical assault and taser attempt by the vertically challenged before it shot them with deadly force?

Edited by ChickenSandwich
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, TwiceHorn said:

I mean, it's really bad taste, at the very least.  But it's somewhat understandable.

As long as cops are going to demand that we not judge them all on the actions of a few, the same standard should apply to actual BLM protests, versus looters and rioters, versus random black dudes talking shit.

Don’t disagree at all. I don’t have a side in this as I think both sides have very shitty people. This will only make things worse imo. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Js1 said:

Will the usual crowd here dig into the cops’ backgrounds to decide if they deserved it or not because they had a parking ticket or a use of force complaint?

Or is that just reserved for when cops murder a black man and we gotta decide if he was arrested 5 years ago so he deserved to be murdered?

Funny, the last 4 occurrences on this board it was for 3 white guys in Wisconsin and 1 white guy in Portland.

Keep wrestling that strawman tho

1 hour ago, TwiceHorn said:

It's amusing that this is called "BLM."  I don't see any BLM signs.  I don't hear anyone saying BLM.

I guess because there were no whiteys, they didn't bust out "antifa."

If you'd bother to dig a little, you'd find the usual loose coalitions.   Research > guessing

The 2 groups partnering in April:

http://archive.is/vcnSr

January:

https://transparencypress.xyz/Practice-Los-Angeles-June-update

To learn more and join the organized fight, please refer to the demands and information from People’s Budget L.A. and the coalition of organizers behind the campaign:

Edited by clapclapclap
  • Hook 'Em 2

From that not great quality video, why are so many folks assuming the shooter was black? Did the deputies identify the suspect? Witnesses? While black Americans are the largest demographic (~32%), Hispanic Americans are the second at ~25%. Tbh, I couldn’t see enough to tell. 

Has one of the above groups claimed responsibility?

1 hour ago, Js1 said:

You’re an amazing bitch. It’s sad you consider yourself educated.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 3

16 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

From that not great quality video, why are so many folks assuming the shooter was black? Did the deputies identify the suspect? Witnesses? While black Americans are the largest demographic (~32%), Hispanic Americans are the second at ~25%. Tbh, I couldn’t see enough to tell. 

Has one of the above groups claimed responsibility?

Who’s assuming the shooter was black?

For that matter, what difference does it make if the shooter was black or white or If  the cops were black or white?

34 minutes ago, clapclapclap said:

If you'd bother to dig a little, you'd find the usual loose coalitions.   Research > guessing

January:

To learn more and join the organized fight, please refer to the demands and information from People’s Budget L.A. and the coalition of organizers behind the campaign:

So why are the tweets you linked calling them BLM protesters? Wouldn't it be just as valid to say "Look at these Youth Justice Coalition protesters!", or "Man, these Sunrise Movement Los Angeles protesters suck!" You posted tweets specifically calling them BLM, then when there was pushback, rather than admit that your "source" made some inflammatory assumptions, pulled this lame association bullshit as a response. But sure, no politics on DT!

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, Js1 said:

You’re such a piece of human shit.  I hope karma Introduces himself 

Edited by blacklab
vacation for death wishes
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 3
  • Fuck You 1

Man, we are in such a shitty place. Truly shitty.

But...yeah...if we’re going to hold all people to the same standard (fuck all the protests because violent rioters and whatnot)....the LA county sheriff dept comes out very, very poorly: https://newrepublic.com/article/158338/defund-la-county-sheriffs-department-corruption-abuse

In the end, the answer is the same: outside of a few angry extremists on the fringes, nobody wants to see people hurt/killed. That’s actually the reason for the anger and rage here - too many people being hurt and killed.

I hope these deputies survive, and the shooter is brought to justice.

And I hope that every crooked deputy in the LACSD is brought to justice.

The rule of law means the rule of law for everyone. That’s not too much to ask. All folks doing bad should face the consequences.

What a fucking mess.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Js1 said:

BuT wHaT hApPeNeD bEfOrE tHe ViDeO sTaRtEd?

• Fuck You 1

1 hour ago, clapclapclap said:

January:

I ain't diggin around on the twitter bullshit machine.  Ain't no one got time for that.

Not to mention, I can't connect that guy with the actual "protest/shit talking."

There's always going to be some dickwad cheering for something.  Tying it to BLM is silly.

And, make no mistake, Kevin Wharton is a piece of shit dickwad.  But he's a solo dickwad.

Edited by TwiceHorn

1 hour ago, Lat22 said:

And the “protesters” immediately showed up at the hospital? It’s all coordinated and we’re too dumb to recognize it. Or do anything about it. 

is there any indication that the protestors showed up immediately? Immediately being the key word? It seems like you're potentially going up whatever George Soros insanity, or at the least suggesting that protestors coordinated to have the police shot in order to protest outside the hospital.

1 hour ago, Message Board User said:

Who’s assuming the shooter was black?

For that matter, what difference does it make if the shooter was black or white or If  the cops were black or white?

I don't think it matters exactly with the exception of the posting of the tweets starting with #7 which brings it up in the tweet itself. @TwiceHorn then mentions not seeing anything specific about BLM in the tweeted  videos (outside the hospital). Seems to me that some people (whether here or in general) ARE assuming that the suspect is black. That is why I added the demographics for the Compton area. The question is, if the suspect turned out to be of another race, would that matter? (I didn't say should it matter, I said would it matter). I don't claim to know the answer to that and I'm attempting to leave the political discussion out of the DT.

Let's hope the perpetrator is found, regardless.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Lat22 said:

And the “protesters” immediately showed up at the hospital? It’s all coordinated and we’re too dumb to recognize it. Or do anything about it. 

I have 4 hospitals within a 10 minute walk, another another couple within 15 minutes.

If Robert Plant crashed nearby, and ended up in one of those hospitals, or had a mental breakdown and ended up in one of the others, and a bunch of us Zepp fans who lived in the neighborhood walked over to the hospital, would you be talking about how "it's all coordinated and we're too dumb to recognize it"?

Do you not realize that hospitals are not always out on some highway, isolated from residential areas?

Did you bother to look at a fucking map of that hospital?  It's in the middle of a shitload of homes and apartment complexes.  And I do mean a shitload, the satellite view makes it look like they are packed in there like sardines.  Those neighborhoods are packed so tightly, the Austin City Council looks at them while they are circle jerking.

So while I'm sure there are some agitators from outside of the neighborhood, there's a whole shitload of locals who simply walked a few blocks over, because it's Saturday night, they are bored, and they are angry at the cops.

You're as bad as the qanon idiots.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 3

Because many people here love white supremacists and other sorts of pot-stirring, race-baiting grifters.

Of course.... look who drops into a story about cops being ambush and starts calling everyone a white supremacist and try to ratchet up the rhetoric.
Never change
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1