Two LA Sherrif Deputies ambushed. Gunman at large

taco

On 9/13/2020 at 2:56 PM, bad_teammate said:
Didn't happen. Stop claiming false victimhood.
The active attempts of white people to villainize BLM and other non-violent racial equality movements by accusing them of complicity or responsibility in violence not undertaken in their name is white supremacy. And acts of white supremacy can be carried out by those who don't identify as such or even consider themselves such, but when you're a person who sees a black person commit a crime or do something you don't like and thinks, "GOD DAMN YOU, BLM!" you're a white supremacist.

What about people who villainize half the population merely for voting for Trump?

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck You 1

On 9/14/2020 at 1:47 PM, HoustonFrog said:

What about people who villainize half the population merely for voting for Trump?

Yeah, can you believe how nice they are to Democrats, saying they want to destroy America, kill God, turn your kids gay and exterminate white straight people?

Get outta here with being a victim 

Edited by blacklab
user warned for CR shit
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2
  • Fuck You 1

On 9/13/2020 at 9:54 AM, Mrs Whiggins said:

From that not great quality video, why are so many folks assuming the shooter was black? Did the deputies identify the suspect? Witnesses? While black Americans are the largest demographic (~32%), Hispanic Americans are the second at ~25%. Tbh, I couldn’t see enough to tell. 

Has one of the above groups claimed responsibility?

The art of deduction my Dear Mrs Whiggins, the art of deduction.

• Hook 'Em 1

I heard a TRex scratched his corneas and ruined peripheral vision, so I'd have to put it dead smack in front of him to get the desired effect.

I don't wanna get that close to Brat.

I'm not good with that Jim Beam/Ben Gay scent.

Edited by Cajun
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, Gil Bang said:

I haven't read the entire thread.  

Here's my 2 cents:

1)  I hope both of these officers survive and fully recover.   I'm scared of needles, but I'm willing to donate blood, and write a check for them.  

2) LASD is a fucking SEWER.  There are at least a half-dozen STREET GANGS INSIDE OF LASD.   "Kill a nigger, you can get a tattoo that matches ours" kind of shit.   It's horrible.  Lee Baca was in charge way too long, and he was the worst corrupt piece of shit this side of Donald J. Trump.    Everybody in L.A. knows this, and they are fucking sick of dealing with gangster-cops.     

3) I want the shooter caught and prosecuted.  I hope both  cops survive and thrive.   Should one of them pass, that's a "special circumstance" under CA law, and the death penalty applies.     But, that will never happen.  Every motherfucker here knows full-well that he/she will never see a courtroom.  He/she will be murdered by the cops, and if he/she isn't carrying a gun, they will plant one on 'em. 

FUCK!  Just read up on LASD/Compton.  How has the state not gotten involved?  JHFC.

• Hook 'Em 1

7 hours ago, Texas_Rocks said:

I got the impression that it’s a video capture taken from a camera with a fish eye lens. Which would account for the squatty look of the SUV as well as the shooter.

Something I didn't consider. That would change the perspective, wouldn't it.

The reporter that was arrested at the hospital ER protests was released. That is a whole nother story, but w/o getting too CR, here's the backstory on that:

Reporter for local tv news was at the hospital covering the news of the deputies' shooting i.e. condition, details, etc. Is sitting in parking garage talking to folks back at the station before heading back when she hears a commotion and goes to investigate and it's the protestors. Ends up getting arrested. Sheriff's dept says she didn't identify herself and rushed toward them. Video evidence (from her own phone and that of others nearby) then shows that not only was she identifying herself as she stood to the side, she was also wearing a press lanyard (that the sheriff's department actually issues). It shows two deputies (one of whom picked up her lanyard after they had her on the ground) trying to destroy her phone with a baton. Score one for the phone, it still worked and captured the encounter. Six or seven deputies and one small woman. Whoo, that was a tough one.

Immediately after the arrest, the department released a tweet saying they'd arrested the journalist for rushing them and having no ID. Video (and reporter and bystander accounts after she is released) show otherwise. Department says, we'll take this under investigation.

Free press in America? Not for long.

• Hook 'Em 3

15 hours ago, Poolflood said:

FUCK!  Just read up on LASD/Compton.  How has the state not gotten involved?  JHFC.

15 hours ago, Gil Bang said:

I know. It's fucking crazy.  It's so corrupt that I'm sure that it cannot be fixed.  

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2020/09/14/la-sheriffs-josie-huang-npr/

As Los Angeles County Sheriff’s deputies tackled Josie Huang to the street on Saturday night, the reporter for NPR affiliate KPCC screamed repeatedly she was a journalist. Deputies arrested her anyway, leaving her with scrapes, bruises, a five-hour stay in custody — and an obstruction charge that carries up to a year in jail.

Police claimed Huang, who also reports for LAist, didn’t have credentials and ignored demands to leave the area.

But those claims are contradicted by video Huang shared on Sunday showing her quickly backing away from police when ordered to do so and repeatedly identifying herself as a journalist. Huang said she also had a press badge around her neck.

NPR executives and reporters groups condemned Huang’s arrest, demanding her charges be dropped and the sheriff’s department explain why officers forcefully tackled her.

28 minutes ago, Gil Bang said:

At first I thought there was no fucking way the LASD would get any info from the community. Maybe in a few months they could get someone to flip or maybe get some info from someone in prison to secure a deal of some sort.

then, they offered 100k and I was like, shit someone is going to be in custody in an f-ing week. 

16 minutes ago, Doc Reeves said:

At first I thought there was no fucking way the LASD would get any info from the community. Maybe in a few months they could get someone to flip or maybe get some info from someone in prison to secure a deal of some sort.

then, they offered 100k and I was like, shit someone is going to be in custody in an f-ing week. 

There are some good people that live there and probably don’t want the piece of shit on the streets. Good on the community. 

4 minutes ago, Clintonaldo said:

There are some good people that live there and probably don’t want the piece of shit on the streets. Good on the community. 

Oh, I’m not knocking the good people rather just thinking there would be fear of revenge of some sort. I don’t mean to insinuate that the entire community is complicit

Oh, I’m not knocking the good people rather just thinking there would be fear of revenge of some sort. I don’t mean to insinuate that the entire community is complicit

After I responded I realized I may have came across as preachy to you and didn’t mean to at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Hook 'Em 1

There are PLENTY of good people there that

6 minutes ago, Clintonaldo said:

Some?   I'd wager that there are as many "good" people, on a % basis, as about any neighborhood anywhere. 

Now, the bad people there may be worse than the "bad" people in many other places, I'm certain of that. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

There are PLENTY of good people there that
 Some?   I'd wager that there are as many "good" people, on a % basis, as about any neighborhood anywhere. 
Now, the bad people there may be worse than the "bad" people in many other places, I'm certain of that. 

My “ some” operates on a 90% scale.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12 minutes ago, Gil Bang said:

LASD y'all

nevermind the incidents of this summer.... its entitled shit like this that shows the rest of us how the cops feel about us.

I dont want cops being targeted and shot (which is afterall what this thread is about), but after this summer I am really starting to understand the folks (esp minorities) hitting their virtual glass wall and finally breaking.