Two LA Sherrif Deputies ambushed. Gunman at large

taco

53 minutes ago, TornACL said:

If the cops are given more money, they spend it on more toys of violence that are misused or overused to justify their purchase, and they put citizens in danger. 

If the cops are faced with less funding they retaliate by refusing to do their jobs and they put citizens in danger. 

If the cops feel they have support and protection, they act entitled to overstep the rules of law and simple decorum and they put citizens in danger. 

If the cops feel threatened or unloved, they use that as an excuse for acting with wanton disregard for human life and safety and they put citizens in danger. 

There is no path that I can see in which police depts suddenly become an entity that protects and serves the citizens, because their mission statement is to protect and serve themselves. 

Jesus.  That's fucking brutal.  The hard truth often is.

1 hour ago, TornACL said:

If the cops are given more money, they spend it on more toys of violence that are misused or overused to justify their purchase, and they put citizens in danger. 

If the cops are faced with less funding they retaliate by refusing to do their jobs and they put citizens in danger. 

If the cops feel they have support and protection, they act entitled to overstep the rules of law and simple decorum and they put citizens in danger. 

If the cops feel threatened or unloved, they use that as an excuse for acting with wanton disregard for human life and safety and they put citizens in danger. 

There is no path that I can see in which police depts suddenly become an entity that protects and serves the citizens, because their mission statement is to protect and serve themselves. 

giphy.gif

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Helobious said:

Doesn’t seem like the cops have much of a lead on the suspect(s), hence the huge reward. Hard to imagine how someone can do something that brazen in a major city and seemingly vanish.

Well, it's the LASD Compton sector. If you know their history around there, you shouldn't be surprised.

How much better off as a society would we be without cops/sheriffs? Cops take 1/2 or more of city budgets. If any other city/county employees were as corrupt as the police are, they would be fired.
What do law enforcement really add for society? Do any benefits they provide outweigh the damage they cause?
At the very least, take away the guns from the average cops. Only specially trained units can use them. Wonder if that would change the attitude of most cops (it won’t)?

• Hook 'Em 1

How much better off as a society would we be without cops/sheriffs? Cops take 1/2 or more of city budgets. If any other city/county employees were as corrupt as the police are, they would be fired.
What do law enforcement really add for society? Do any benefits they provide outweigh the damage they cause?
At the very least, take away the guns from the average cops. Only specially trained units can use them. Wonder if that would change the attitude of most cops (it won’t)?

Anyone? I honestly can’t tell.

On 9/16/2020 at 7:28 PM, AUS-97HORN said:

nevermind the incidents of this summer.... its entitled shit like this that shows the rest of us how the cops feel about us.

I dont want cops being targeted and shot (which is afterall what this thread is about), but after this summer I am really starting to understand the folks (esp minorities) hitting their virtual glass wall and finally breaking. 

If light was shined on any random surly poster or any person in general 24 hours per day, I don't think anyone could keep their job. We should create an all robot police force with a basic set of rules that can't be overridden. Then, there would be nothing for people to complain about.

If light was shined on any random surly poster or any person in general 24 hours per day, I don't think anyone could keep their job. We should create an all robot police force with a basic set of rules that can't be overridden. Then, there would be nothing for people to complain about.

That is some bullshit attempt to justify and normalize poor behavior.
  • Hook 'Em 3

3 hours ago, Bevo said:

Fuckin' A baby!

3862.gif

• Hook 'Em 1

Speaking of LA Sheriff's Dept, they're about to get the hell sued out of them by Kobe's wife.  Apparently some of their officers took photos of the victims of the helicopter crash, including Kobe and one of them, in their finest moment, showed the photos to a girl at a bar as a pickup attempt.  Yikes.  

3 minutes ago, Trey3216 said:

Speaking of LA Sheriff's Dept, they're about to get the hell sued out of them by Kobe's wife.  Apparently some of their officers took photos of the victims of the helicopter crash, including Kobe and one of them, in their finest moment, showed the photos to a girl at a bar as a pickup attempt.  Yikes.  

They have an ironclad "but I was just trying to get laid" defense.

Sure, that defense is not recognized by the law.....but it's recognized by most everyone else.

9 minutes ago, Trey3216 said:

7 hours ago, Trey3216 said:

8.   8 fucking cops took pics of the corpses

Most anyone will snitch for $100k. And given the haphazard nature of the shooting and ridiculous appearance of the shooter I figured this was done by some dumbass with a gun, instead of a hardened criminal or a mastermind. I’m utterly shocked they haven’t been caught yet. I guess it really was a male, a chick would’ve told someone by now. If there was a getaway driver they had to have been a relative or a spouse.

3 minutes ago, RDCanecutter said:

Wonder if the shooter was another LASD deputy. 

You might be on to something. One LASD gang member promises drugs to some transient addict kid and hands him/her a pistol to take out a hit on rival LASD gang members moving in on his own turf.

2 hours ago, RDCanecutter said:

Wonder if the shooter was another LASD deputy. 

2 hours ago, bolverk said:

You might be on to something. One LASD gang member promises drugs to some transient addict kid and hands him/her a pistol to take out a hit on rival LASD gang members moving in on his own turf.

I doubt it.  IIRC, these were "transit" deputies.  The hard gang-banging deputies work gangs, narcotics, etc.  

I cannot imagine that a couple of cops that patrol the fucking train lines would be mixed up in any bullshit. 

2 hours ago, bolverk said:

Or, based on my experience with LEOs, especially in broken cultures like LASD's.....it could be entirely unrelated to a law enforcement aspect, or even a corruption aspect, and it could be as simple as a jealous spouse, spurned lover kind of thing.  I'm not saying that's it, but don't rule it out.

On 9/17/2020 at 3:50 PM, TornACL said:

This

This is the LA Co. DAs memo from today explaining their decision not to prosecute the KPCC reporter.  You may recall how the LASD went on the offensive, accusing this reporter of all sorts of things that are, well, lies.

No one will be disciplined from LASD and life goes on. Reporter got to spend some time in jail because some meathead deputies thought it would be funny.  

Eit3yZ4U0AAXHEM?format=jpg&name=large
This is the LA Co. DAs memo from today explaining their decision not to prosecute the KPCC reporter.  You may recall how the LASD went on the offensive, accusing this reporter of all sorts of things that are, well, lies.
No one will be disciplined from LASD and life goes on. Reporter got to spend some time in jail because some meathead deputies thought it would be funny.  

....which is exhibit eleventy billion to “and THIS is the fucking problem.” The cops had a temper tantrum and roughed up a reporter, in violation of both department policy and the law. And they will not be held accountable, even a little bit.

Why are people enraged? That’s why.
  • Hook 'Em 1