Cowboys @ Rams: Week 1

Vic Mackey

4 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Rams sure have played mistake free for the first game of the season after almost no camp and no preseason. 

Goff looked pretty bad at times. He also got away with only having to throw short passes and the cowboys press defense got burned by it even knowing it's coming. Their defensive backs will be their undoing unless they get a lot better 

Just now, Drew said:

Of course not. I even said so. That was a bad miss. Dallas has had that same exact play not called for Dak several times over the years. Hey plays get missed.

But a bad miss on them shouldn’t mean we get one too.

That one also didn’t decide the damned game.

how do you know? If they call the blow to the face it's 15 yards and the Rams are probably scoring instead of Dallas.

1 minute ago, Hagbard Celine said:

i don't put this on the refs/league at all.  we're lucky it wasn't 35-17.  we self-fucked ourselves out of 10 points.

Sure. But that’s not what happened. It was end of the game with everything to be decided and the refs made a terrible call that was not needed that decided the game. Your point is not a good one. 

1 minute ago, Gucci_Suit said:

Sure. But that’s not what happened. It was end of the game with everything to be decided and the refs made a terrible call that was not needed that decided the game. Your point is not a good one. 

Yeah, in the NBA the end of game used to be "swallow the whistle". In hockey OT they let em play, don't wanna have it end on a ticky tack power play. In the NFL it's the opposite, they take the game over.

Neutral opinion:

The OPI was soft and at a really bad time.

And the Cowboys got away with a blatant shot to Goff's face on a big interception earlier.

Bad calls happen.

The league is not, and never was, trying to screw over one of its biggest brands.  That's the weirdest conspiracy theory ever.

Sorry y'all lost.  

• Hook 'Em 2

5 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

The league is not, and never was, trying to screw over one of its biggest brands. 

I dont think it's coming from the league, because like you said, the NFL would make a fuckton of money from a Cowboys SB appearance, but the refs do seem to fuck with the Cowboys more than other teams. Maybe that isn't true at all, but just kind of the impression I've gotten over the past 5-6 seasons. 

2 minutes ago, DougO said:

Not unless they changed the rules. They can now add older veterans to a much larger PS, but as far as I know they are not protected.

part of the change was they can add 6? 4? protected players every week.  i thought he was one of the protected players but i may be remembering wrong.