Cowboys @ Rams: Week 1

Vic Mackey

1 hour ago, PilotsError said:

What I saw from dallas last night was an 8-8 team.

Fair.  What I'll counter with is they looked worse after game one in 2014, just as bad after game 1 in 2016, and even worse in game 1 in 2018.

That doesn't mean they'll all of sudden turn it on and make the playoffs. Just that a loss in game 1 doesn't portend a whole lot really.  Not in this unique situation.

Just like I don't think the WFT is better than the Eagles, and the 49rs are that bad against the Cards, or that Tampa is that bad.  We really won't know anything about these teams for a few games.  I'm just hoping this was more a "feeling it out" against a team that pretty much has dominated us(outside of late last year when their team was decimated by injuries).  

The fact that it's been a decade and we still can't cover screens and flat passes is obscene.

10 minutes ago, Drew said:

Fair.  What I'll counter with is they looked worse after game one in 2014, just as bad after game 1 in 2016, and even worse in game 1 in 2018.

That doesn't mean they'll all of sudden turn it on and make the playoffs. Just that a loss in game 1 doesn't portend a whole lot really.  Not in this unique situation.

Just like I don't think the WFT is better than the Eagles, and the 49rs are that bad against the Cards, or that Tampa is that bad.  We really won't know anything about these teams for a few games.  I'm just hoping this was more a "feeling it out" against a team that pretty much has dominated us(outside of late last year when their team was decimated by injuries).  

The fact that it's been a decade and we still can't cover screens and flat passes is obscene.

I think the difference between the eagles and the 49ers losses is, they had excuses against what was inferior competition last year. You can make a case that because if the injuries the eagles are dealing with (especially on the oline) if Haskins has improved and Rivera isn’t a complete dud of a coach like Gruden, Washington might actually be better than Philly right now. You can make a case that now that Arizona has added Hopkins, kittle got hurt in game, and they were already without their top 2 wrs, Arizona might be better than SF right now. I just flatly think LAR are a better football team than us. From top to bottom. Coaching staff, talent. I think LAR are better than us. I kinda felt that way before yesterday, but now I know. We were lucky to be in that game. We got outplayed from start to finish. The rams let us hang around. Our LBs aren’t getting better any time soon. Teams should be able to run down our throats all year.

Edited by youdunnf'dup

3 minutes ago, Hate said:

^^^Jaylon Smith isn’t actually very good at football it would appear. Our LB play is atrocious.

He's driving me absolutely up a wall with his continued over-pursuit, late/inability to read/distinguish his keys, and making arm tackles 7 yards downfield.  Now, some of that is on the interior line, but a lot of the time it's him running past the gap he's supposed to shoot, leaving a South Austin's Mom gape for the ball carrier to get through.  

3 hours ago, youdunnf'dup said:

Side note, i know this sounds ridiculous, and there’s no logic behind it. But as soon as I see them showing us warming up and i see we’re wearing the blues, I already know we’re going to lose. Doesn’t matter the opponent. 

The unlucky blues thing has been around for decades, but if you think about it they wear whites at all home games and some road games, but wear blue exclusively on the road. So it makes sense that they are worse in blue.