2020 US Open -- Winged Foot

smwhorn

6 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

Got a weird feeling Rory might win this.

Rough doesn't seem to exist for Wolff atm. I bet he starts throwing some shots away as we get closer to the finish.

And for god's sake, Azinger is fucking bad at his job.

If Wolff comes back to him he should be the favorite going into tomorrow imo. But 6 shots is still a lot.

I think there’s something to this about not having a gallery that helps the young guys. We perhaps saw it at the PGA with Morikawa and now with Wolff here. Wonder if they’d have won and be 54-hole leader here is maybe easier when you don’t have the nerviness added by having a full, rowdy gallery.

10 minutes ago, C-Man said:

I think there’s something to this about not having a gallery that helps the young guys. We perhaps saw it at the PGA with Morikawa and now with Wolff here. Wonder if they’d have won and be 54-hole leader here is maybe easier when you don’t have the nerviness added by having a full, rowdy gallery.

No question. Definitely easier when it feels like a college tourney out there. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, DCA_HORN said:

Like perhaps say
Day, Jason
Fowler, rickie
Spieth, jordan
And maybe even mclroy, rory?

I mean. One of those guys hasn't won a major. One of them hasn't won on tour in 2 years. One of them hasn't won on tour in 3 years. Not sure how much of a window any of them had going into this week anyways.

Fowler had his chances. I think he’s gonna be iced out.

He had top 5 finishes in all 4 majors in 2014. He got as high as #4 in the world rankings in 2016, I believe. He’s had a few more top 10 finishes since then. But now, I don’t see him being a factor. His peers have passed him and the youngsters are starting to, with Morikawa winning one and Wolff on the verge. 

Edited by Jive Turkey

Liverpool v. Chelsea just started. When this ends, I’ll flip on the Cowboys to see what’s up.  But the US Open will get most of my attention until it’s over.

Can’t believe NBC can’t find a network to put the Liverpool match on. Hate how they’re shoving Peacock down our throats.
  • Like 1