Who is the worst Texas quarterback of the past 10 years?

touchthemonolith

51 minutes ago, touchthemonolith said:

What's interesting to me is that this thread is currently right above another one you commented on filled with four pages of people shitting on Spencer Rattler, insulting his appearance, making all types of jokes about him sucking dick and generally being a homosexual, and you didn't call anyone in that thread an asshole. I think my post is pretty tame in its criticism of former QBs compared to that one of a current QB--Sooner though he is.

Capture.jpg

Interesting choice of when to clutch your pearls.

Maybe because Spencer Rattler sucks dick? NTTAWWT

1 minute ago, BurntEyes said:

You sound like a bitch. So I negged your ass again.

That's okay. My rep on message boards isn't really super high on my list of priorities, and if I'm being honest, trying to convince you that I'm not a bitch isn't that much higher for me.

I gave you a "Hook 'Em" thing and I hope you have a good rest of your evening.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Fuck You 1

Swoop was terrible, but it was hard to dislike him, especially at the end. 

Gilbert was def disappointing but I think what he accomplished afterwards shows that it wasn't necessarily his fault. However, his bitch-assed comments over the past couple of years is a point against him. Maybe the fans were hard on him but it's not like they just made it all up. 

1 hour ago, touchthemonolith said:

That's okay. My rep on message boards isn't really super high on my list of priorities, and if I'm being honest, trying to convince you that I'm not a bitch isn't that much higher for me.

I gave you a "Hook 'Em" thing and I hope you have a good rest of your evening.

You sit on the west side, don’t you? 

I guess we’re doing this. Gotta go with Gilbert. Mack and co fucked him in 2010 but then Harsin comes in and he gets pulled against BYU cause he looked like shit. Then diet Colt came in and he and Ash added a spark. 

Swoopes and Heard were fucked before they even took a snap. Those ‘14 and ‘15 o lines were atrocious. Christ Charlie was calling our starting tackle No Contact At All publicly. I assume Herman would’ve used the shit out of the 18 wheeler deal and Heard may have gotten more touches in the offense we’re currently running but whatever. 

Thanks, asshole. 

Edited by Fletch
Reasons
  • Hook 'Em 1

31 minutes ago, Fletch said:

You’re either in middle school or a nursing home. This may help. Do you know who Scott Derry is? Thinking about him playing linebacker is similar to thinking about our qb play after Colt graduated 

Well, I can't say that I'm either in middle school or a nursing home. And I'll talk to you or anyone who will listen about Scott Derry any day of the fkn week. 

• Hook 'Em 1

All these QB’s came to Texas and tried their best to play well so that you could sit on your ass and feel better about yourself because “your” team won.  You think they had bad games on purpose?  I didn’t enjoy watching us lose ugly games,  but I’m not going to call out some guy that came here as a kid and sacrificed his body for the football program.  OP deserves the negs.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, touchthemonolith said:

Well, I can't say that I'm either in middle school or a nursing home. And I'll talk to you or anyone who will listen about Scott Derry any day of the fkn week. 

So you don’t get the west side reference, but you apparently know Scott Derry. You seem like an ou troll. Outside shot at aggy but you’re not THAT out of touch with reality. Hmmmm. Ever heard of Jason Glynn? Will Matthews? Ryan Nunez? Sneezy Beltran? 

• Hook 'Em 1

11 minutes ago, mulletpelini said:

Not one mention of Mayfield or Manziel?  Where the hell am I?

The UT board talking UT quarterbacks. Shit, even fucking Gilbert went into Lincoln and shut you loud mouth fucking pussies up. Again. I miss breaking y’all’s hearts. But nope. Y’all ran away like aggy. Let that sink in.  

• Hook 'Em 1

6 hours ago, Fletch said:

So you don’t get the west side reference, but you apparently know Scott Derry. You seem like an ou troll. Outside shot at aggy but you’re not THAT out of touch with reality. Hmmmm. Ever heard of Jason Glynn? Will Matthews? Ryan Nunez? Sneezy Beltran? 

I remember Scott Derry because he played football for us a while back. If west side is a reference to DKR, all I can say is that I once sat in the student section, and now I sit wherever I can get cheap tickets, as often as my wife will let me. I've been called a lot of things, but this'll be the first time I've been called a Sooner. It hurts worse than I would've expected.

19 minutes ago, Longboard Horn said:

Delete thread

Agree.

14 hours ago, RexWilson said:

Instead of trying to label the worst, who was the most misused during their time at UT

Gilbert.

14 hours ago, gsoda3 said:

Gilbert was the best HS spread qb I've ever seen play. Mack did him no favors after 2010.

Este...

14 hours ago, Sgt Hulk said:

We fucked Gilbert.  Gilbert didn’t suck we did. The only game i remember us playing to Gilbert’s strength was when we beat Nebraska.  He ran the spread and we went to the fucking 1970s big 10 offense bullshit 

...y este.

I would add that after VY & Colt's massive success in that offense, FYPM fucked the entire program by moving away from what those guys did so well. We were all set up to be the #1 destination nationally for dual threat QBs, and he pissed it away. 

Edited by wood

15 minutes ago, Chad said:

I fucking hate your avatar, OP. Texas has it's best QB in place since Colt McCoy and we have a thread reminding us about the futility of the last decade, why?

Because Texas has its best QB in place since Colt McCoy. It seems like it's a good time to breathe a sigh of relief and have a bit of a laugh at our own collective misery.

• Hook 'Em 1

9 hours ago, Fletch said:

You’re either in middle school or a nursing home. This may help. Do you know who Scott Derry is? Thinking about him playing linebacker is similar to thinking about our qb play after Colt graduated 

Holy shit. This post deserves wayyy more love.

2 hours ago, Sgt Hulk said:

Not sure if he did I remember he transferring out and sucking elsewhere too. How the hell did he get a scholly 

His high school tape was great but he was playing against short white dudes in private schools. Him, Ash, Heard and Swoopes(again, 18wheeler wise) could’ve been effective under Herman but whatever. Card, JQJ, and Thompson with Milroe comin in next year. Ash is the only one that would have a shot at beating any of those dudes out but whatever. Looking forward to 10 years of UT qb’s getting selected in the top 3 rounds of the draft. God damn we’re in for a hell of a decade if Herman keeps recruiting like this and we keep up this true spread offense, holy fuck. The machine that Texas(fuck off, Nebraska cornholer) outta be will finally be unleashed. Let’s fuck shit up!!!!

53 minutes ago, touchthemonolith said:

I remember Scott Derry because he played football for us a while back. If west side is a reference to DKR, all I can say is that I once sat in the student section, and now I sit wherever I can get cheap tickets, as often as my wife will let me. I've been called a lot of things, but this'll be the first time I've been called a Sooner. It hurts worse than I would've expected.

Agree.

Ok holy shit. Yeah dude orangebloods is over there. Shit, I think like 3 people still post on hornfans. Not sure this is the place for, man. 

The west side is where the old fucks sit who tell you to sit down and stop making noise while we’re on defense. They’re an infuriating bunch. And they show up 30 minutes after kickoff. Fucking everyone knows this. The fucking hippie chick who’s tripping acid right now and doesn’t give a fuck about football could probably tell you that the old boring fucks sit on the west side 

8 minutes ago, Fletch said:

Ok holy shit. Yeah dude orangebloods is over there. Shit, I think like 3 people still post on hornfans. Not sure this is the place for, man. 

The west side is where the old fucks sit who tell you to sit down and stop making noise while we’re on defense. They’re an infuriating bunch. And they show up 30 minutes after kickoff. Fucking everyone knows this. The fucking hippie chick who’s tripping acid right now and doesn’t give a fuck about football could probably tell you that the old boring fucks sit on the west side 

My apologies.

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, JFKFC said:

Heard had the biggest ups and downs of the group. I can't shake the feeling that, if he had had anything close to competent coaching and development, he would have been an above average college QB. 

As a program, we shat on him.

Heard's time here reminded me of what the NFL does with quarterbacks (thinking of Colt McCoy in Cleveland). It seemed like we started him, he was great for 1.5 games, then he was poor for 1.5 games, and then he was over. i never felt like I saw enough of him to say "oh yeah, we're better with him at WR". 

Edited by SwanderedTalent
  • Hook 'Em 2

20 minutes ago, SwanderedTalent said:

Heard's time here reminded me of what the NFL does with quarterbacks (thinking of Colt McCoy in Cleveland). It seemed like we started him, he was great for 1.5 games, then he was poor for 1.5 games, and then he was over. i never felt like I saw enough of him to say "oh yeah, we're better with him at WR". 

I'm going to agree with this. I never thought Heard was just terrible aside from that Iowa State game and in hindsight Charlie just was not a very good coach, which probably had a LOT to do with it. That Cal game was the only "holy shit" game he put up, but he did also beat OU pretty handily during that same year. 

I was really surprised that Herman didn't give him more of a second chance at QB when he got here considering he was a better runner and athlete than Buchele. Maybe that's the dispositive proof that he wasn't any good, but I always thought the move to receiver was something of a hasty decision given the flashes we had seen before.

• Hook 'Em 1

16 hours ago, satyanash said:

People here have a ridiculously over-romanticized view of how good Heard was because of that one Cal game. He was terrible, and very clearly never bothered to learn the offense during his redshirt year. There's a reason Swoopes of all people took back the starting job from him - people need to re-watch the 2015 game against Iowa State again, it's without doubt the worst performance by a Texas QB this decade.

That being said, the answer is still Gilbert. I don't remember another Texas QB this decade who was literally booed off the field.

I bought into the Heard hype after that Cal game. 

16 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

I bought into the Heard hype after that Cal game. 

Without the freak special teams fuckups, Heard beats Cal and OSU that year to go 7-5, sets a high water mark for Strong's tenure, and gives the team a little momentum going into 2016. It probably means the strong's super shitty staff stays together another year, and he gets one last chance with a new staff in 2017 while Herman goes to LSU...

SpiffyAdmirableEskimodog-size_restricted

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Fletch said:

His high school tape was great but he was playing against short white dudes in private schools. Him, Ash, Heard and Swoopes(again, 18wheeler wise) could’ve been effective under Herman but whatever. Card, JQJ, and Thompson with Milroe comin in next year. Ash is the only one that would have a shot at beating any of those dudes out but whatever. Looking forward to 10 years of UT qb’s getting selected in the top 3 rounds of the draft. God damn we’re in for a hell of a decade if Herman keeps recruiting like this and we keep up this true spread offense, holy fuck. The machine that Texas(fuck off, Nebraska cornholer) outta be will finally be unleashed. Let’s fuck shit up!!!!

Milroe decommited ans went to bama