HBO Limited Series: The Third Day

bolverk

Really enjoyable first episode. It had a creepy kid, a clannish insular island cult, and animal sacrifice. Basically the plot involved Jude Law getting stuck on an island where weird shit's happening. Good acting, engaging mystery, and outstanding cinematography. 

16 hours ago, bolverk said:

Thanks. Just added it to my watch list. I'm just going to assume the Nick Cage one won't be worth my time unless y'all say otherwise.

The Cage variant isn't half bad.  But the original has that Hammer Films feel to it, bolstered by Christopher Lee.  And some nekkid Britt Ekland frolicking.

Edited by TwiceHorn

Serious question---I wanna watch this with the wife since we are looking for content as we knock out the whole DVR.....but I got the impression from the few minutes I watched flipping around the other night...does Jude Law or somebody else lose a child in the first episode or does it hint that somebody will be losing a child soon?  Wife can't handle that right now, I barely could.  Otherwise, I'm in...looks engaging.  

1 hour ago, Lobo said:

Serious question---I wanna watch this with the wife since we are looking for content as we knock out the whole DVR.....but I got the impression from the few minutes I watched flipping around the other night...does Jude Law or somebody else lose a child in the first episode or does it hint that somebody will be losing a child soon?  Wife can't handle that right now, I barely could.  Otherwise, I'm in...looks engaging.  

Apparently quite some time ago.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/15/2020 at 4:06 PM, Lobo said:

The storyline centers around the loss of a child.

• 3 weeks later...