Alfred Collins

ztejas

Wanted to start a thread on the football board since I feel like we are going to see a lot of this kid the next few years. 

Here is his first career sack from the UTEP game. He is a fucking monster. Has to be one of the biggest DLinemen we've ever had on campus.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

Carries 305 pounds as well as is humanly possible. 

Do we think that's what he's actually playing at? I don't really have a frame of reference as I've never been more than 10 pounds past 200 but if you told me he was sitting at 320 I wouldn't doubt it. 

For example, Aaron Donald is listed at 6'1" 284. 

1065296538.jpg.jpg

Collins has 4 inches on him. Although I'm sure Donald has a much lower body fat%.

32 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

Carries 305 pounds as well as is humanly possible. 

His build makes him look like a Linebacker until you see how much bigger he is than everyone else. He’s seriously got free trunks for legs. Just an absolute freak. He’s the kind of monster we haven’t been landing nearly enough on the DL.
I hope he takes over the starting 3 tech spot at some point this season. At least one of him, Coburn/Sweat, and Ossai would be facing a single blocker every single play. 

• Hook 'Em 1

i thought that at first too, but watch the All-22 angle.  Ossai gets held and doesn't interact with the RB at all.  It is a weird camera angle that makes it look that way.

That sideline view is real trippy on it looking that way. I def thought that watching it live, like the rb blew our guy up

Every year I like to fire up NCAA '14 and start a new offline legacy with the updated roster and shit on the computer for a few seasons. I made Alfred Collins a day one starter and I don't really play as anyone else on defense. Based on my projections, we should expect Collins to average a stout 10-12 sacks per game this year.

Chris Warren III also won some Heismans (Heismen?) a few years ago, so maybe my system isn't perfect.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2

42 minutes ago, touchthemonolith said:

Every year I like to fire up NCAA '14 and start a new offline legacy with the updated roster and shit on the computer for a few seasons. I made Alfred Collins a day one starter and I don't really play as anyone else on defense. Based on my projections, we should expect Collins to average a stout 10-12 sacks per game this year.

Chris Warren III also won some Heismans (Heismen?) a few years ago, so maybe my system isn't perfect.

When you played as CW3, did you play hard?

your system is fine. 

1 hour ago, ousux said:

Like Caden Sterns, Malik Jefferson and a few other recent recruits...Collins joins a list that will never be able to meet sky high expectations.

Collins has Giles as a coach and has already been talked up as a hard worker.  He has a potential to be the best end we’ve had here since Cory Redding.  Or maybe he’s a tackle.  I don’t know what he is.  But, he’s a large athletic human being.

Edited by Fondren & Main
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, ousux said:

Like Caden Sterns, Malik Jefferson and a few other recent recruits...Collins joins a list that will never be able to meet sky high expectations.

Who shit on your breakfast tacos this morning?

Edited by Eggo
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Collins has Giles as a coach and has already been talked up as a hard worker.  He has a potential to be the best end we’ve had here since Cory Redding.  Or maybe he’s a tackle.  I don’t know what he is.  But, he’s a large athletic human being.
Not saying he doesnt have potential to be a great player, expectations are a little too high right now..he's played exactly one game against near air.
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, ousux said:
21 hours ago, Fondren & Main said:

Not saying he doesnt have potential to be a great player, expectations are a little too high right now..he's played exactly one game against near air.

The hype is due to his crazy athleticism and size, not his production. 

6 hours ago, ousux said:
22 hours ago, Fondren & Main said:

The rest of our players were veterans, also playing against air, but none of them got a sack. 

• 3 months later...