Lizards Everywhere

Hate

I live in The Woodlands and we’ve always had a lot of lizards in our yard. Up until about a year ago, the only lizards we saw were the usual green anoles. My son used to catch them all the time when he was a little kid. About a year ago I noticed a different kind of lizard in the yard. They are brown, bigger, and much faster (no racist) than the anoles we are used to see. Now they are just about the only kind of lizards we see anymore. Has anyone else noticed a similar phenomenon or can anyone explain where these came from and why the anoles have all but vanished? I have no problem with them, I’m just curious what happened. Here is a pic of a juvenile I took just a while ago.

76bd7e57718ca6350f4a126c659741c0.jpg

they do eat bugs and they're fun for the girls to chase around the yard.......but they do attract snakes as predators.  Had a few young gartners in the back looking to fatten up on these reptilian colleagues recently.  All well and good until a larger and more dangerous snake gets there since we live on a huge creekbed with all kinds of interesting activity, then we gonna have to start whacking a mofo.  

When I lived in Lauderdale, we had a cat that liked to catch one if it got in the house (old school "Jalousie" windows FTL) & take it to the bathtub for a few hours.  Would play "Romans & Lions" type shit & smack the thing around because they couldn't climb the walls of the tub..

Mom didn't much care for the blood in there & leftover Anole body parts.

On 9/15/2020 at 7:58 PM, Hate said:

I have a ton of them as well.  They like to gather on the ceiling of my porch when we have the TV on. 

them geckos like to hang out in my mailbox.   I'm sure my neighbors enjoy the show when I scream like a little bitch when they jump/fall out onto my hand when I open it.

probably just revenge for when they get squirted in the doorframe of my shed.  or from my cat murdering them.