Cranes Collide at Mueller Construction Site

TrashMaster G

47 minutes ago, 1978horn said:

"Meanwhile, one crane operator remains on the crane, with his foot on a brake to prevent the cranes from collapsing. But AFD says this is unlikely."

That what's unlikely?  That the crane could collapse or that it's unlikely his foot is on the brake?  Who the fuck writes like that?  

Jesus, what a fucking mess.  So many construction sites in that little area, with dense family populations/kids right nearby doing remote learning.  This could have gone so much worse.  Hope the injured folks, most of which I would think are construction crew members, pull through.  God Bless.  

2 hours ago, Steel Shank said:

Our Big Bend river guide would have "safety meetings" periodically. It's when we all got stoned. /csb

Fitting tie in, when Robert Rodriguez was doing one of the Spy Kids movies, they filmed some scenes at Big Bend, and managed to lose a portable crane over the edge of a cliff.  Probably after a safety meeting.  My brother in law was doing the sound and lost some equipment.  

Edited by Judge Roybeanbag

What is it really that motivates you
The need to fly or this fear to stop
I'll go along when you realize
When we get there I say nine of ten drop
Now who's the light and who is the devil
You can't decide so I'll be your guide
And one by one they will be hand chosen
Now this is what it's like when cranes collide

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Judge Roybeanbag said:

Fitting tie in, when Robert Rodriguez was doing one of the Spy Kids movies, they filmed some scenes at Big Bend, and managed to lose a portable crane over the edge of a cliff.  Probably after a safety meeting.  My brother in law was doing the sound and lost some equipment.  

/csb

1 hour ago, Pato del Muerto said:

What is it really that motivates you
The need to fly or this fear to stop
I'll go along when you realize
When we get there I say nine of ten drop
Now who's the light and who is the devil
You can't decide so I'll be your guide
And one by one they will be hand chosen
Now this is what it's like when cranes collide

I have been humming this since I read the thread title, but couldn't remember all the words, so thank you.

"Maximum Overdrive 2:  Austin Crane Edition"  

Okay, jokes gotta stop.....starting now!  Hope they all pull through, will be very interested to hear the OSHA/GC evaluation of all that happened out there today.