Karen recorded me walking down the sidewalk

bernorange

I enjoy running.  Always have.  The Texas heat never really bothered me much when I was younger, but now I'm more than a decade past the "I'm a man" milestone, it really takes the wind from my sails.  I live a couple of blocks away from our local junior high school and during the summer I used to go run a mile on their track in the afternoons.  A couple of weeks ago, my sleep schedule got a bit wonky and I was waking up really early and unable to fall back asleep, so I started running under the stars.  I love it and now do it as often as my knees allow without complaining too much.

The other day, I awoke at 5:30am, got my running gear on and went for run.  It was an absolutely beautiful morning with a clear sky showing off tons of stars and planets and a really cool and steady breeze.  I finish my run around 6am and see a whole lot of cars in the roundabout at the school.  I'm not sure why as it's kind of early (by an hour and half at least) for dropping off any kids for school, but there must have been something happening that day.  Anyway, my walk back home goes across that area.  A large SUV turns the corner right as I'm walking past the same intersection, goes about 30 feet down the road and pulls over to the curb.  As I approach the vehicle, I look over and see a Karen leaning across the center console with a phone in her hands filming in my direction.  I assume she was intent on filming me as it was still dark out and I don't think anything else was visible in her camera's field of view.  So I smiled and waved and kept on walking.

It was kind of surreal at the time.  Nothing further developed from the situation, but I can imagine a lot of scenarios where shit could have happened.  I wonder if Karen's video was posted to Facebook or causing a ruckus on NextDoor or some similar site.

There he was just a-walkin' down the street, singin'
'Do wah diddy diddy dum diddy do"
Snappin' his fingers and shufflin' his feet, singin'
"Do wah diddy diddy dum diddy do"
He looked good (looked good), he looked fine (looked fine)
He looked good, he looked fine and I nearly lost my mind

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, bernorange said:

I enjoy running.  Always have.  The Texas heat never really bothered me much when I was younger, but now I'm more than a decade past the "I'm a man" milestone, it really takes the wind from my sails.  I live a couple of blocks away from our local junior high school and during the summer I used to go run a mile on their track in the afternoons.  A couple of weeks ago, my sleep schedule got a bit wonky and I was waking up really early and unable to fall back asleep, so I started running under the stars.  I love it and now do it as often as my knees allow without complaining too much.

The other day, I awoke at 5:30am, got my running gear on and went for run.  It was an absolutely beautiful morning with a clear sky showing off tons of stars and planets and a really cool and steady breeze.  I finish my run around 6am and see a whole lot of cars in the roundabout at the school.  I'm not sure why as it's kind of early (by an hour and half at least) for dropping off any kids for school, but there must have been something happening that day.  Anyway, my walk back home goes across that area.  A large SUV turns the corner right as I'm walking past the same intersection, goes about 30 feet down the road and pulls over to the curb.  As I approach the vehicle, I look over and see a Karen leaning across the center console with a phone in her hands filming in my direction.  I assume she was intent on filming me as it was still dark out and I don't think anything else was visible in her camera's field of view.  So I smiled and waved and kept on walking.

It was kind of surreal at the time.  Nothing further developed from the situation, but I can imagine a lot of scenarios where shit could have happened.  I wonder if Karen's video was posted to Facebook or causing a ruckus on NextDoor or some similar site.

You need to head over to the SurlyKaren.com board and see if you are in the hot or not thread!

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Underdog said:

There he was just a-walkin' down the street, singin'
'Do wah diddy diddy dum diddy do"
Snappin' his fingers and shufflin' his feet, singin'
"Do wah diddy diddy dum diddy do"
He looked good (looked good), he looked fine (looked fine)
He looked good, he looked fine and I nearly lost my mind

Sing it, muthafuckaaaaaa!!!!!!

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Brothahorn said:

Sounds like you are about to get kidnapped and held for ransom. The kidnappers always surveil the target first.

You might want to make sure the wife knows how much you love her. So she will pay the ransom.

Lulz, who do think hired these people?  Wife about to come into some insurance money.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1