Deion Sanders "Coach Prime" Now At Colorado

Don Johnson

27 minutes ago, Chooky said:

His point is that he doesn't really need to recruit high school kids because he can fill a roster with starters through the portal. 

His other point is that when he loses players in the portal everyone needs to understand that there aren't starters in the portal. They're all backups. Not needed. Why else would they be leaving? 

If they're incoming, he's killing it and getting better players.

If they're outgoing, they weren't starters and they aren't missing anything. 

If you don't understand Prime logic, Prime logic will stand over you ... or some other weird, transitive shit that he likes to say. 

We can use this in logic class.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/No_true_Scotsman

7 hours ago, ABSR said:

Thanks for the Dunning Kruger Effect reference, I was unaware of the term and concept.   It was an interesting item to read up on.   Thanks!

Note:  Not weighing in on whether the reference was applied correctly, just that I appreciate being prompted to learn about it.

I say it to people all the time. They go home and google it and realize I was insulting them. 

1 minute ago, Dennis Taylor said:

That's some bull junk. 

I was leaning toward more of a bull mess vibe, but I'm open to your bull junk designation.

Cormani might or might not be an unusually aloof kid or maybe even an asshole. Either way, it won't matter while deion's media boys wipe their feet on his name for two weeks straight. The deion dick riding YouTube brigade will savage this kid for the quick clicks. The only thing he can do is get in a program and start busting his ass on day one. 

5 hours ago, oSuJeff97 said:

Saw on Reddit their season opener with North Dakota State has been moved to the Thursday night prime time spot in week 1.

This feels like a very high potential for early week 1 lulz.

It'd be a humorous start to the season, especially if it was because their O-line got wrecked by a bunch of guys named Tanner.

2 hours ago, Spider2YBanana said:

I have a feeling NDSU may have a chance to pull it off. A slight chance, but a chance nonetheless. Those midwest fed motherfuckers are a different breed. 

I wonder why they haven't tried to move up to D1? Or if they have, what happened?

Would you rather get on ESPN and hang banners or go 2-10 every year?

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Spider2YBanana said:

Just seeing James Madison making the move makes me wonder if NDSU could do the same 

I think perhaps they could, but a good AD would/should look at the current landscape and it's clear the haves are just getting more, the have not are only getting less. NDSU is a winner and I'm guessing gets good crowd attendance. Moving up to become a perennial last place team could greatly reduce that brand. Financially, I'm not sure it makes sense.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 3

On 4/23/2024 at 8:46 PM, Spider2YBanana said:

Just seeing James Madison making the move makes me wonder if NDSU could do the same 

James Madison is basically twice the size of NDSU (22k students vs. 12k) and is also situated in a highly populated state surrounded by other highly populated states... it's a 2-hour drive to metro D.C., Baltimore, etc.

NDSU is in Fargo surrounded by several low population states. There's only one decent sized city anywhere close (Minneapolis-St. Paul) and it's 3.5 hours away.

It just seems that James Madison may have several built-in advantages, in terms of potential resources and recruiting base, that NDSU just doesn't have.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, oSuJeff97 said:

James Madison is basically twice the size of NDSU (22k students vs. 12k) and is also situated in a highly populated state surrounded by other highly populated states... it's a 2-hour drive to metro D.C., Baltimore, etc.

NDSU is in Fargo surrounded by several low population states. There's only one decent sized city anywhere close (Minneapolis-St. Paul) and it's 3.5 hours away.

It just seems that James Madison may have several built-in advantages, in terms of potential resources and recruiting base, that NDSU just doesn't have.

Appreciate the knowledge. I didn't even consider the population, etc. Makes a ton more sense now.