Ruth Bader Ginsburg is dead

Michael Knight

Just now, Bullneck said:

Really?  How so?

It looked like Hillary was going to be elected, remember?  Until she wasn't.  So, explain your tactics.

When you’re already well into your 70’s with multiple bouts with cancer and you have a friendly Senate and President, it might be time retire in favor of someone who can continue your legacy instead of rolling the dice that you’ll continue to beat increasing odds. Scalia got lucky that Mitch bailed him out. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1

Just now, Royalfan5 said:

When you’re already well into your 70’s with multiple bouts with cancer and you have a friendly Senate and President, it might be time retire in favor of someone who can continue your legacy instead of rolling the dice that you’ll continue to beat increasing odds. Scalia got lucky that Mitch bailed him out. 

She was 97.  

Negged for Scalia and Mitch.  Fuck you.

• Hook 'Em 1

17 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

This.  If they do it before the election, that would take away the only real argument they have to give their voters.  Now they’ll turn out like swarming locusts for Trump if they think they really can swing the Court.   That’s one of only 2 tangible things they even want - tax cuts and a SCOTUS that erodes abortion precedent.   The rest is just general resentment and airing of grievances, which only carries so far.  

Fuck.  

That's shit works both ways 

• Like 1

Trump will joke about RBG dying in one of his rallies.  or at least make light of it.  there will be no sign of respect.

anybody gonna take a peak at texags or tigerdroppings?  it must be like St. Patty's Day and Cinco de Mayo and Halloween and Christmas and New Year's Eve, all wrapped up in one.

1 minute ago, Jive Turkey said:

Trump will joke about RBG dying in one of his rallies.  or at least make light of it.  there will be no sign of respect.

anybody gonna take a peak at texags or tigerdroppings?  it must be like St. Patty's Day and Cinco de Mayo and Halloween and Christmas and New Year's Eve, all wrapped up in one.

I'll joke about her right now. That woman is responsible for more abortions than south chicago!

• Fuck You 43

3 minutes ago, Jive Turkey said:

Just took a quick look at texags. Some respectful comments but many are saying to get it pushed through. 

16 minutes ago, travelingtexan said:

is it, much like the last election, conservatives just stay quiet.....or is this site really, in Texas, primarily a bunch of liberals? 

A whole shitload of us used to be conservatives, many were even Republicans.  Actually, some of us are still conservative, but damn sure not Republican.  It's funny how people like Mitch and Trump turned a shitload of us into independents in a fairly short amount of time, although my turn was years earlier.

Shit, a few days ago, a family member (thanks mom!) posted a photo of me and George W. back during his campaign when I was a volunteer, and in the comments, I surprised a few relatives and friends who couldn't understand that I went independent over 15 years ago (Iraq was pretty much it, but there was other shit in 2003-2004).  One person from my wife's church even tossed in "but you still go to Sunday school with us!" as if it was somehow mutually exclusive.

And RBG's death will finally reveal once and for all, whether the GOP still exists, or whether it's just the party of Trump.  I'm leaning towards the party of Trump.

I still have plenty of friends in politics, as well as some former co-workers who work for various polling/database companies, and the things I hear from them keep me from stepping out on Brisket's ledge.  It's going to be a rough few years though, and I think we are now on the downward slope and the brakelines have been cut.

And all of those people bitching that the Republicans (Trump) are trying to get twitter, Facebook, various Internet forums, etc., muzzled in their favor, are that much closer to their dreams being realized.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

Anybody who jumps off a ledge vs eating a bullet or 20 in the fight we need is complicit, as far as I'm concerned.  I know you're using a well known saying around here, but it's about to be the time for action, not cowardice.  I really hope to hell I'm wrong.  I'm lucid and sober right now.  I wish I was sad, RBG deserves that, but I'm furious and full of terrible thoughts. 

Blood and fire. It’s coming.

16 minutes ago, travelingtexan said:

Jesus christ, just like white conservatives thought the world was ending when obama was elected....there really are a bunch of soft fear mongoring pussies in here. Everything is extreme, the world is ending, nazi this.....yall are soft

Fuck you in the face. We have seen a criminal president contort our system for his own enrichment and those who will pay him what he wants for the last 4 years. What we are now is vigilant and alarmed by traitors and grifters that are harming our republic. 

• Hook 'Em 3

5 minutes ago, Celery Man said:

If they do it, we need to get rid of the electoral college, bring in DC and PR, pack the court, everything else.

Don’t stop there. One Dakota. WyMontIdaho. MissArKansOklahoma. Whittle red Amerika down to the 16 or Senators the deserve. 11 new ACLU lawyers on the SC. Make all NASCAR races have right turns. Make SEC! teams play 9 game conference schedules and disallow FCS matchups. Kaepernick statues at every mile marker on every interstate in former confederate states. Require all southern schools to play New York, New York on the PA after the pledge. Free firearms to NAACP members. Replace God Bless America with WAP during the seventh inning stretch. Tax churches at the top marginal rate to fund planned parenthood and transgender surgeries for anyone who wants them. Ban the DH. Death penalty for driving slowly in the left lane. Trains. Lots and lots of trains. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

That's shit works both ways 
Historically, no it doesn't. The one difference now is women, including traditionally Republican white women, are legitimately staring down a 50+ year regression in terms of legal protection.

This is such a fucking gut punch

Just now, softlynow said:

Don’t stop there. One Dakota. WyMontIdaho. MissArKansOklahoma. Whittle red Amerika down to the 16 or Senators the deserve. 11 new ACLU lawyers on the SC. Make all NASCAR races have right turns. Make SEC! teams play 9 game conference schedules and disallow FCS matchups. Kaepernick statues at every mile marker on every interstate in former confederate states. Require all southern schools to play New York, New York on the PA after the pledge. Free firearms to NAACP members. Replace God Bless America with WAP during the seventh inning stretch. Tax churches at the top marginal rate to fund planned parenthood and transgender surgeries for anyone who wants them. Ban the DH. Death penalty for driving slowly in the left lane. Trains. Lots and lots of trains. 

That's a platform, right there.  

14 minutes ago, Bullneck said:

Really?  How so?

It looked like Hillary was going to be elected, remember?  Until she wasn't.  So, explain your tactics.

I don't always agree with RoyalFan, but she could have retired back in 2014 when she had her stent implanted.  She had a friendly Senate then, and she had already went through multiple serious illnesses prior to that.

I don't mind being the asshole that repeats that view, or at least gives voice to it.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, softlynow said:

No nuking of OK? I don't think I can agree with ya.