Ruth Bader Ginsburg is dead

Michael Knight

1 minute ago, Dark Horse said:

The GOP is not even in the same stratosphere now as it was then. We have fucking QAnoners that are going to be elected to Congress. 
The popular vote? Who gives a flying fuck? What do you think this is? A democracy?

If the GOP was some kind of machine that can easily change votes, the popular vote would have been closer, and Trump would have won Michigan by more than 0.3%, Wisconsin by more than 0.7%, Florida by 1.2%, and Pennsylvania by 0.7% more than Hillary.

As for the Qanon idiots, we have over 500 members in Congress.  Pretty sure there's been plenty of the Alex Jones crowd elected before now, but they had to keep it on the down low.

2 minutes ago, BradInATX said:

I think it's a bit group-thinky to negbomb Fozz. You may think his takes are stupid and they often are, but he's genuine and he's intellectually consistent (which a lot on this board are not). It's nice to see someone defending their opinions without using stupid memes or disingenuity like most do, even if end of day I think a lot of his beliefs are wackadoo. It's weak sauce to try to fatwa him, don't do it.

This hillbilly moron travelingtexan who is almost assuredly a sock, probably stone oak, on the other hand... cry havoc

Sounds like something a Fozz sock would say.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

I love this stuff.  The Republicans are showing their asses, and not bothering to hide anything any more, and we are 6 weeks or so out from the election.  They are writing the ads for the Dems.

I'll say it again, and that's why you should be very concerned about how this election will go down. They aren't even going through the motions on trying to influence the moderate/undecided vote (if such a thing even exists). This election will be decided in the courts not the voting booth. Now Trump will own the DOJ and SC. 

• Hook 'Em 3

13 minutes ago, Homercles said:

Yeah I’ve been around here about a decade now and ‘know’ most of the regulars shtick.  It’s insane the amount of vernacular that’s applicable only here that I can’t explain to my wife without a long backstory on lumps, ‘that record was expunged!’, Roman, regraded ragrets, pedo bears should starts, but was recently NowThis’d.  

Lots of people whose opinions I don’t agree with, but no one comes across more consistently dumb as Fozz...I again go back to his like 1/7 rep to post ratio as evidence I’m not wrong there...his drive by’s are wastes of precious internets that we manufacture and sell here.  I’ll join you in laughing if his demise is met soon.  

Pedo bears should starts feels like a motto right now.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, BradInATX said:

I think it's a bit group-thinky to negbomb Fozz. You may think his takes are stupid and they often are, but he's genuine and he's intellectually consistent (which a lot on this board are not). It's nice to see someone defending their opinions without using stupid memes or disingenuity like many, even if end of day I think a lot of his beliefs are wackadoo. It's weak sauce to try to fatwa him, don't do it.

This hillbilly moron travelingtexan who is almost assuredly a sock, probably stone oak, on the other hand... 

atomic bomb explosion GIF

Counterpoint: fuck fozzz. He’s getting negged every post I see for the foreseeable future 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2
  • Fuck You 1

To be clear, I'm way out on the ledge, and I'm all but certain the turtle's going to shove through a nominee in October.  But any thoughts on Kelly and the lame duck session?  It's technically a special election, and he could be seated in November.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/09/18/us/elections/the-winner-of-the-arizona-senate-race-could-be-seated-in-time-for-a-vote-on-a-supreme-court-pick.html

4 minutes ago, lemonlime said:

To be clear, I'm way out on the ledge, and I'm all but certain the turtle's going to shove through a nominee in October.  But any thoughts on Kelly and the lame duck session?  It's technically a special election, and he could be seated in November.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/09/18/us/elections/the-winner-of-the-arizona-senate-race-could-be-seated-in-time-for-a-vote-on-a-supreme-court-pick.html

The plot thickens.....

No wonder anyone with sense avoids this subforum. This is Texags level of hivemind groupthink right here. Yall make Texans ashamed everywhere. Enjoy 4 more years of Trump you strap on loving biden sign having chastity cage wearing simps! #TRUMP2020!
Come on man, this is just immorales

18 minutes ago, Celery Man said:

You know what's infuriating?  Nobody factchecks him.  He literally claimed that "we are one vote away from losing our fundamental Constitutional liberties".

Hey Ted, it was a liberal justice who died.  How could a liberal appointee swing the current court?  

Fucking shitbag.

Edited by jimmyjazz
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

I don't think turtle will have the votes in the lame duck session if sane people do their part and work to save this republic. We can't handle hypocrisy and blatant proof of an ugly agenda right now. We need sane adults to take hold of this and settle this country down. A republican who stands up to do this can really shine in this moment if they stand up to Moscow Mitch and Trump.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, burntorangebongos said:

I don't think turtle will have the votes in the lame duck session if sane people do their part and work to save this republic. We can't handle hypocrisy and blatant proof of an ugly agenda right now. We need sane adults to take hold of this and settle this country down. A republican who stands up to do this can really shine in this moment if they stand up to Moscow Mitch and Trump.

lmao lol GIF

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, burntorangebongos said:

1359384382_draperhookah.gif.44687aa663764dafdbb75bca7a13cb9b.gif

1 hour ago, wildcat09 said:

I’m pretty sure the Proud Boys and other fascist gangs know how to cross state lines.

My granddad killed nazis and speaking as an otherwise very strong and fit 47 year old hypertensive with money and guns I WISH A MOTHERFUCKER WOULD

Edited by Bozo_Casanova
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

Watched Notorious B.I.G. short documentary on a plane last year. She lead an amazing and made great impacts in life and may she rest in peace.

Would that we lived in a world where we could mourn and reflect on the death and life for at least 24 hours before diving neck first into the shallow swamp waters of politics and the political impacts and strategies of her death, but it's 2020, so carry on my friends.

Edited by Rougarou
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, iodeac said:

Someone help me understand the significance of losing RBG in going from a 5-4 right leaning majority to more than likely 6-3.

Enviado desde mi SM-G973U mediante Tapatalk

Roberts being a somewhat normal human won’t be enough? How fucking are you where this has the be explained?

Edited by Dark Horse

Today was a pretty good day. Wrapped up a major project that has been on my plate for awhile, made a nice steak frites dinner for me and my hubby, enjoyed a couple drinks.  Was doing the washing up and fucking Apple News had to send me a push notification to let me know this had happened.  I've had several more drinks now, but no longer in celebration.  This year fucking sucks.

• Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, BradInATX said:

It's such an amazing confluence of luck, timing, and a better killer instinct than the opponent that the Republicans will have successfully and methodically pushed the government rightward and authoritarian since 2000 while the population as a whole has become much more liberal and libertarian. It's a shame.

i think this is why so many feel this country is unraveling and in trouble; the majority of this country doesn't feel it's government represents them. And they are right.

(We see Presidents elected to office who lose the popular vote, we see a President, popularly elected, who is denied a vote of their SC nominee).

and it seems increasingly clear that trying to change that using traditional, democratic levers is damn near impossible. The minority has gamed or played the system. So naturally there is going to be anger and a lashing out and yes, likely violence. All other options to be represented have been exhausted.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

She was a damn fine woman who lived her dream of making an impact in her profession and loving every day of being involved in it and shaping the law with her wise words. She fucked hard and she will be missed by so many multi-generational admirers.  We lost a giant in the law and a champion of truth and equality. 

Those of you who point out that we should mourn the woman over what her death might mean politically are correct. I lost my damn drunk mind. She was such a good one and may god have mercy on her soul. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Dark Horse said:

Roberts being a somewhat normal human won’t be enough? How fund are you where this has the be explained?

yeah, other than the clear constitutional prerogative of congress under the 15th amendment to make law that ensures that people cannot have the right to vote abridged on account of race, he sometimes is a human being.  and there's other things that maybe roberts or one of the others might agree with the libs on the court - who knows about gorsuch's crusade to make administrative agencies unconstitutional, for example

Edited by elfenix

1 minute ago, Aqua Buddha said:

If he’s losing both he’d still try to ram it through.

I dont think so. He is up 5-4 now. Ramming it through puts him up 6-3 temporarily if the Dems get the Senate. Dems will make it 7-6. If he sits pat with a 5-4 lead, Dems won't even attempt a Judiciary Act.

Worse than that though is that, if the GOP keeps the Senate, he will ram it through and he won't confirm a single one of Biden's appointments.  

1 minute ago, FondrenRoad said:

I dont think so. He is up 5-4 now. Ramming it through puts him up 6-3 temporarily if the Dems get the Senate. Dems will make it 7-6. If he sits pat with a 5-4 lead, Dems won't even attempt a Judiciary Act.

Worse than that though is that, if the GOP keeps the Senate, he will ram it through and he won't confirm a single one of Biden's appointments.  

You may be right.  

If I’m Biden, I publicly come out and say I’m adding justices if they ram this through.

10 minutes ago, FondrenRoad said:

Aiming for the lame duck period is the best strategy for him politically. But he will only ram it through then if he is keeping the Senate and losing the Presidency. 

you don't see him ramming it through if the GOP loses the Senate? At that point absolutely no fucks will be given.

Just now, Hugo Stiglitz said:

I wouldn’t rule out Trump fucking this up for McConnell either. It’s kind of his core incompetency. 

He won't. He doesn't know anything about judges.  He just uses the federalist society list. The only question he probably asks them is how they would rule when he is the defendant.  Other than that, they are just names on a list to him. He peeks at their Facebook to make sure they are white guys, asks them his one question, and then sends them to Mitch.