Ruth Bader Ginsburg is dead

Michael Knight

8 minutes ago, yoladu said:

you don't see him ramming it through if the GOP loses the Senate? At that point absolutely no fucks will be given.

I see him floating it as an idea, but it will open the door for court packing which he doesn't want. 

3 minutes ago, Aqua Buddha said:

If they lose the Senate, do the outgoing Senators give a shit?

And that's the other thing. None of these people have real beliefs. It's all about getting elected. If Collins loses, she will never set foot in there again to vote.  Same with most of them. 

Edited by FondrenRoad
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, FondrenRoad said:

I dont think so. He is up 5-4 now. Ramming it through puts him up 6-3 temporarily if the Dems get the Senate. Dems will make it 7-6. If he sits pat with a 5-4 lead, Dems won't even attempt a Judiciary Act.

Worse than that though is that, if the GOP keeps the Senate, he will ram it through and he won't confirm a single one of Biden's appointments.  

Dems wouldn’t dare try to expand SCOTUS.    No one who isn’t a fucking child believes otherwise. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 19

Dems wouldn’t dare try to expand SCOTUS.    No one who isn’t a fucking child believes otherwise. 

Your party is morally bankrupt, your president bullies others, makes fun of disabled people and calls our fallen military losers. And you claim we are fucking children? Amending the judiciary act is entirely lawful. And it’s YOUR guy that hung around Epstein not ours.

1 minute ago, troph said:

Your party is morally bankrupt, your president bullies others, makes fun of disabled people and calls our fallen military losers. And you claim we are fucking children? Amending the judiciary act is entirely lawful. And it’s YOUR guy that hung around Epstein not ours.

Wait who hung Epstein? Because we know it wasn't a suicide, right?

No.  Nor should they.  Let the Pubs do their thing so we can rip the bandaid off and there will be no excuse for fighting back with the same ruthlessness that only the pubs can pull off up to this point.

This is the only sane and rational response. The GOP has told us “fuck norms and decorum.” Ok, fuckers. Buckle up. We need to do everything possible to win the White House and senate by enough of a margin that a crooked trump SCOTUS can’t stop it.
And then, when we’re in power....no rules. No mercy. Go to 13 justices. Stack the court. Use the DOJ as a weapon against those who assaulted the republic. Do everything they did...do it better, do it meaner, do it with less mercy.
So, the only rule that matters is power? Then let’s fucking do this. Let’s have a fucking autocratic government - it’s what we’re going to have, so let’s have one that does the shit I want.
No, people need to be fucking pissed.  They're about to legislate your mom, sister, daughter's vagina for fuck's sake.  The democrats got here by being contrite and polite.  FUCK all of that. 

This. The only answer is to fight, with unrelenting anger.
One more justice keeps the GOP majority.  The GOP pulls its election lawsuit bullshit, including the frivolous suits trump has already filed, and they're heard by a 6-3 court, including such ethical, honest luminaries as Thomas, Kavanaugh, Alito, and Judge Jeannine Pirro.

This is the pressing danger. So we have to win the White House and the senate by overwhelming margins.
Whelp, This country had a pretty solid run.  I don’t know what else to say.  

I just ordered a painters mask and ski goggles, maybe I’ll run into some of you fuckers out on the streets. 

You may need more gear than that. I’m not kidding. The odds of this requiring significant bloodshed to restore a government just skyrocketed.
Everything, dude.  Everything will be crushed.  Maybe Gorsuch requires them to properly file briefs and actually sign their docs, but that’s about as much review as your gonna get.  This court is gonna make Taney look like child’s play. 

starting with us not having a free election in 50 days. 

These are the fears. So we have to win big and stack the court. That’s no longer an academic discussion. It’s a necessity.
Dude.  You guys are not getting it. 

Chevron is Definitely gone, that’s the ability of agencies to interpret laws (I.e “the secretary shall”). 

But more broadly, you could be looking at repeals if the rulings that allowed the New Deal and Great Society agencies to even exist.  We could be looking at a return to a pre 1920s government that could only act on direct legislation by Congress.  I’m talking the end of the modern administrative state that makes us functional government in a modern world economy. 

And that’s just my lobbyist ass talking.  If I were not a privileged white guy I would legitimately be fucking terrified.

Yep. This is the long game. So we have to dip over the whole fucking table.
Let them have it, let them force Americans to take it, tied down, kicking and screaming. Then vote the hat trick and burn it to the ground with an amendment to the Judiciary Act. Pack the court with the landslide mandate of the election.

Troph fucking gets it. All this, and more.
My granddad killed nazis and speaking as an otherwise very strong and fit 47 year old hypertensive with money and guns I WISH A MOTHERFUCKER WOULD

And finally, this. The fascists and their cosplay army think they can control the streets by force of arms. They are very, very wrong. I’m reaching the point that I’m wishing they try.
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Dark Horse said:

Of course they will

The same party that couldn’t pass a fucking public option with total control of the federal government is going to expand SCOTUS for god knows what reason. Lmao. Y’all are no better than the Fox News watching chuds y’all love to belittle. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 24

15 minutes ago, Bruh Man said:

If you're posting in here but not donating, organizing, and getting prepared to get in the street over the next few months, you are a part of the problem. I love this subforum, but there are too many observers on this site who pontificate all day about polls and "suburban voters" yet never get in the trenches and fight. 

A big part of "getting involved" entails putting pressure on feckless Dems to pack the courts. You are already know Biden is going to have to be dragged to this position.

Fact.

For those who want to donate, here is a good place to start:

https://secure.actblue.com/donate/getmitch

Just now, Fozzz said:

The same party that couldn’t pass a fucking public option with total control of the federal government is going to expand SCOTUS for god knows what reason. Lmao. Y’all are no better than the Fox News watching chuds y’all love to belittle. 

Your party shit down the neck of decorum, you get what you deserve. 

Fuck your God, you know exactly why this is coming. 

Why stop at 13 judges? in 2028 let's go to 17 then 21 then 41 then 65. Let's not let it be a scene, but an arms race baby! Let that pendulum swing every time a party loses favor and power does it's usual switch back. I mean, we are a country split close to down the middle when the battle lines are honestly drawn, right?

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Fuck You 4

Fact.[/url]  

For those who want to donate, here is a good place to start:

https://secure.actblue.com/donate/getmitch

Definitely this. We’ve had some recent financial wins. We’ll be putting them towards fighting for the republic. We’re also volunteering in various ways.

Why stop at 13 judges? in 2028 let's go to 17 then 21 then 41 then 65. Let's not let it be a scene, but an arms race baby! Let that pendulum swing every time a party loses favor and power does it's usual switch back. I mean, we are a country split close to down the middle when the battle lines are honestly drawn, right?

Don’t hate the player, hate the game. Rules and norms are dead. GOP killed em. Now we play the fucking game. Playing by the rules when 1) your opponent doesn’t, and 2) your opponent wants to exterminate any chance for you to even play the game in the future, is fucking insanity.

It’s Thunderdome. Live, and make the other guy die. It’s the only rule. I don’t like it, but the GOP insisted that it be this way. So be it. Let’s fucking play.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Fozzz said:

Under normal circumstances you would be absolutely right.  The Dems are pussies who are too concerned with decorum to do anything bold.  This is exactly why I want Mitch to do this.  Get your 6-3 court.  Then watch the outrage of the populace explode.  The pressure on the dems to retaliate, and retaliate big will be overwhelming.  It will be glorious to watch.

Edited by Horn Dog
  • Like 1

Just now, Brisketexan said:

I'm not hating the player or the game. I think that the salary cap era of insane political buffoonery is here and the threshold and cap is just going to keep growing and growing and growing every year because we are fanatics to a team, we love to watch it and root for and against, and it's profitable.

If it wasn't so personal for folks and impacting to everyday lives with real implications, it would be the greatest show on turf.

10 minutes ago, Rougarou said:

No, we are not.  More folks in this country lean left rather than right.   Of that, there is no debate.

3 minutes ago, Horn Dog said:

Under normal circumstances you would be absolutely right.  The Dems are pussies who are too concerned with decorum to do anything bold.  This is exactly why I want Mitch to do this.  Get your 6-3 court.  Then watch the outrage of the populace explode.  The pressure on the dems to retaliate, and retaliate big will be overwhelming.  It will be glorious to watch.

Millions of pussy hats can march and it won’t matter. 

• Fuck You 18

1 minute ago, Gil Bang said:

No, we are not.  More folks in this country lean left rather than right.   Of that, there is no debate.

I believe you, I was just going off what I thought I heard around here. Good, then there should be no issues and we got this, right? We have the majority and the majority wins eventually.

I believe you, I was just going off what I thought I heard around here. Good, then there should be no issues and we got this, right? We have the majority and the majority wins eventually.

Eventually? Yes, generally.
The question is how costly the corrupt minority is going to make it to reach that outcome.

They’ve made it rather clear that they’re good with a shitload of dead people and burned out city blocks. You should count on a lot more of those. That’s how they are going to play it.
  • Hook 'Em 1

I’ve said it once, and I’ll expand it here: take the Senate, abolish the filibuster, bring DC, Puerto Rico in as states.  Consider whether the pacific territories and Virgin Islands should also come in as individual states. (Which if taken to its extreme is adding 6 total states) Pack the court.  

I do not understand why the Democrats are expected to behave under some sort of AP Government norms while the Republicans run around like an autocratic central Asian dictator. The outrage that some show here is honestly buffoonish: “How dare you fight back!  You’re Democrats, it’s your job to object mildly right before I blow your head off and fuck your wife! The nerve!”

This. No rules. No gloves. No fucking mercy. The non-rules have been set. Time to play.

19 minutes ago, Rougarou said:

Sure why not. If we're playing fucking Calvinball then lets play Calvinball.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 3

21 minutes ago, Rougarou said:

Maybe then we can be a real democracy. That’s what the Republicans are trying to avoid. They know the public doesn’t support their positions. 

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, Bateshorn said:

I’ve said it once, and I’ll expand it here: take the Senate, abolish the filibuster, bring DC, Puerto Rico in as states.  Consider whether the pacific territories and Virgin Islands should also come in as individual states. (Which if taken to its extreme is adding 6 total states) Pack the court.  

I do not understand why the Democrats are expected to behave under some sort of AP Government norms while the Republicans run around like an autocratic central Asian dictator. The outrage that some show here is honestly buffoonish: “How dare you fight back!  You’re Democrats, it’s your job to object mildly right before I blow your head off and fuck your wife! The nerve!”

Yep. Republicans expect Democrats to have morals/values. They don't expect anything out of themselves.

Time to fight dirty and course correct. 

• Like 2

446f23fd76642aae15d2089fa3b9db98.jpg

Just now, Dark Horse said:

Maybe then we can be a real democracy. That’s what the Republicans are trying to avoid. They know the public doesn’t support their positions. 

Maybe I'm wrong, but I can't help but feel if 2020-- everything in the aggregate that makes up this year in history-- and everything preceding it since 2016, but mainly 2020, doesn't inspire and compel folks to come out and vote and win an election here, then there is no hope. I don't even mean a landslide just a simple win for Pete's sake. Surely this will happen but I've grown accustomed to expect the unexpected.

3 hours ago, McCroskey said:

I really like reading the stories about her relationship with Scalia. We need more of that right now, and less of this “opposing beliefs are poisonous” bullshit. Goes for both sides.

RIP.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

No, repubs are traitors. Not fucking joking. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, Bruh Man said:

If you're posting in here but not donating, organizing, and getting prepared to get in the street over the next few months, you are a part of the problem. I love this subforum, but there are too many observers on this site who pontificate all day about polls and "suburban voters" yet never get in the trenches and fight. 

A big part of "getting involved" entails putting pressure on feckless Dems to pack the courts. You are already know Biden is going to have to be dragged to this position.

I agree completely. Quit pontificating here and get out there and do your part. You cannot just sit on the sideline anymore and let others do the heavy lifting. I had to accept that I had not done enough so I got up and started helping. This stuff has to be stopped. We cannot function in any way that resembles how we should as a society when millions of us do not care enough to do their part. If you let this cult have their way going forward they will just keep gutting this country. Enough has to be enough.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Satchel said:

They say they will. Why wouldn’t they?

Expanding SCOTUS is a means to an end, it’s not an end in itself. However, there are no policies the Dems are desperately wishing to implement that would be so paramount of importance to justify such a drastic step. It’s just wankery meant to drive fundraising to feed consultants and other party leaches. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 22

At best, this will become a state by state decision to allow for abortions. It will slow liberal migrations to states like Texas thereby keeping a Republican senate majority more difficult to overcome. The red states will stay red for a lot longer. California and South Dakota each having 2 senators is a tough pill to swallow right now.
I am pretty angry so I wont type what I think so Ill just say RIP.

As a South Dakotan, we don’t deserve two senators. Mainly because they both suck. Fuck John Thune and Mike Rounds.