Ruth Bader Ginsburg is dead

Michael Knight

2 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Nope. There should be numerous special meetings. Invite all the senior republican leaders. Have them sit around the table, waiting for the meeting with dem leadership. Then, after they’ve been kept waiting, send in the lowliest intern around - Dave, from Dicksplit, Indiana. And have him say “I have a message for you from the president, and all of the democratic leadership. Go fuck yourselves. Now get out of the people’s house.”

Then, when they complain to the media, lie - say that you did nothing of the sort. You tired to have a meeting, but the republicans insisted that their compromise demand was the deportation of anyone whose grandparents weren’t natural born citizens.

Hoist them on their own petard, every. Fucking. Day.

Also when they provide cell phone audio of Intern Dave telling them to fuck off just claim Dave is actually a Republican intern and it’s just a fake setup of the dems. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Fuck your "strawmen".  You can't read.  I pointed out exactly why there was no need to resign at that point -- she was healthy and wanted to work.  Resigning in Obama's second term would have happened near the end, but then McConnell revealed how loathesome he is and that option no longer existed.

Again, Ruth Bader Ginsburg was 79 years old in 2012 and had already gotten hit with cancer twice. She should have resigned just like O'Connor did (who was 75 and actually healthy) to ensure a politically-acceptable SC justice. She was begged to do so. She didn't. It was her right, but she was OK with rolling the dice so she could keep her power and status and now we get to pay the piper.

That simply is what it is.

I don't know if you could be more politically inastute if you actually tried.

Yeah the liberal establishment and decorum establishment is just doing a bang-up job right now. They're killing it.

Decorum is a luxury only the privileged can enjoy.

This times a million. If I’m a democratic congressman or congresswoman or Biden the days of even taking a republicans phone call are over with. No lunches, no meetings, no nothing. Just completely ignore them and let them talk with the low level assistant about whatever they want to say. 

And what will you actually do when President Biden and Majority Leader Schumer have a meeting with Minority Leader McConnell and agree to a bunch of his demands?

2 hours ago, Fozzz said:

If you don't post rah-rah dem cheerleading bullshit in the CR you get auto-negged.  They want an echo chamber.

This is rich coming from a professional drive by shit poster. I have yet to read a single fozz post ever and thought, yeah that was a good substantive take.

You’re getting negged because your posts are worthless. What are you down almost 1000 now in less than one day?  That is a pretty impressive accomplishment. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Hillary got plenty of people out to vote for Trump, who would have otherwise stayed home.  So bitching that they got off their couches and voted, when they didn't in the past,  is kind of counter-productive.

The bigger point is that Trump won states that Obama had won, which means those states could easily flip back to to the Ds (and some of them arguably did in 2018), and with this RBG business, I think he's putting those states even more into play.

What got them out to vote? Hillary, who in fact was the best, most qualified candidate EVER in my lifetime, or the endless stream of bullshit lies about her from the press which was shouted into the echo chamber from both sides of the political spectrum?

She was right, her crazy Bernie detractors were wrong, and here we are with this giant pile of steaming shit. Criticism of Hillary Clinton that basically amounted to her not being perfect enough cost this country dearly.

I agree with your biggert point last statement, but I will never stop calling out anti-HRC critics from the left because they caused this and in doing so they deprived us of a true leader at a time when this country most needs it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

Again, Ruth Bader Ginsburg was 79 years old in 2012 and had already gotten hit with cancer twice. She should have resigned just like O'Connor did (who was 75 and actually healthy) to ensure a politically-acceptable SC justice. She was begged to do so. She didn't. It was her right, but she was OK with rolling the dice so she could keep her power and status and now we get to pay the piper.

That simply is what it is.

Yeah the liberal establishment and decorum establishment is just doing a bang-up job right now. They're killing it.

Decorum is a luxury only the privileged can enjoy.

And what will you actually do when President Biden and Majority Leader Schumer have a meeting with Minority Leader McConnell and agree to a bunch of his demands?

Well my crystal ball is kinda cloudy but if that happens I’ll be pissed. I doubt it. 

2 hours ago, Fozzz said:

The auto-negging of every post by someone identified as being on the wrong team irrespective of the actual content of the particular post with the intent of getting that person banned is censorship.  

it's like you've never met bad_teammate or Anastasis

2 hours ago, Fozzz said:

The auto-negging of every post by someone identified as being on the wrong team irrespective of the actual content of the particular post with the intent of getting that person banned is censorship.  

LOL. Is Fozz actually MLK reincarnated?  

Stop negging him! We are censoring the great opinions and takes of the great fozz! That’s censorship! 

I hate Democrats as much as any good American should, but all Democrats are demanding now is for Republicans to honor the arguments they made in 2016, which were then in contradiction with long-standing precedent. The Republicans changed the rules and the Democrats are justified in saying the Republicans should play by the new rules that they themselves made.

1-star. Weak own. Would not re-read.

7 minutes ago, Longhorn said:

Anyone have quotes from Biden, Harris, Schumer, etc.... in 2016 when Obama put forward Garland Merrick?  What was there opinion on how to handle this situation?

*their

Saw someone posted on twitter from Bernie back in 2016 urging the Senate to push through the Garland nom.  

2 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

For all the pearl clutchers about the sanctity of norms. One key step was enacted by Dems. 

I sincerely hope you all have a good weekend. I think it’s supposed to be the last nice warm one of the year. ✌🏻 

You supposedly live in San Antonio and you think this will be the last warm weekend we have this year? 

Uh. Ok. Where do you really live? 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

I hate Democrats as much as any good American should, but all Democrats are demanding now is for Republicans to honor the arguments they made in 2016, which were then in contradiction with long-standing precedent. The Republicans changed the rules and the Democrats are justified in saying the Republicans should play by the new rules that they themselves made.

1-star. Weak own. Would not re-read.

You are supposedly an old dude and have voted for every democratic candidate for president in the past but you hate democrats? 

17 minutes ago, Gourmand said:

She was right, her crazy Bernie detractors were wrong, and here we are with this giant pile of steaming shit. Criticism of Hillary Clinton that basically amounted to her not being perfect enough cost this country dearly.

I agree with your biggert point last statement, but I will never stop calling out anti-HRC critics from the left because they caused this and in doing so they deprived us of a true leader at a time when this country most needs it.

Just now, Calihorn said:

Their solution was to fuck your mom harder

Moar!! I love it. Sluuuurrrrrrpppppp. Feed me. 

I’ve already read the quotes by googling them. All 3, and Obama, are on record saying that filling a seat is the right thing to do. Don’t get mad at Trump. Your own party has endorsed this. 

• Like 2
  • Fuck You 10

19 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

For all the pearl clutchers about the sanctity of norms. One key step was enacted by Dems. 

I sincerely hope you all have a good weekend. I think it’s supposed to be the last nice warm one of the year. ✌🏻 

If by pearl clutching you mean boiling rage, sure.

Just now, Longhorn said:

I’ve already read the quotes by googling them. All 3, and Obama, are on record saying that filling a seat is the right thing to do. Don’t get mad at Trump. Your own party has endorsed this. 

You realize that Scalia died nine fucking months before the election, no?

2 minutes ago, Longhorn said:

I look forward to shooting your pathetic party in the fucking head this election and court packing.

Edited by Calihorn
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Longhorn said:

I said it already but I’ll say it again. Fuck off nazi Republican troll. Go back to fucking your sheep and hating yourself for doing it. 

Yes....and they LOST that argument. This was settled, by this GOP senate. They set the rule - you don’t fill the seat. So, that made the rule, which was cemented by its actual application.

What they’re telling us now is that there are no rules except “the party in power can do whatever it wants.”

I say fine. Time for the Dems to take power, create new states to cement their hold on power, and then use that power with the same regard for the minority power that the GOP has shown. Fair is fair.
  • Hook 'Em 4

1 minute ago, Brisketexan said:

Yes....and they LOST that argument. This was settled, by this GOP senate. They set the rule - you don’t fill the seat. So, that made the rule, which was cemented by its actual application.

What they’re telling us now is that there are no rules except “the party in power can do whatever it wants.”

I say fine. Time for the Dems to take power, create new states to cement their hold on power, and then use that power with the same regard for the minority power that the GOP has shown. Fair is fair.

Plenty of this already exists in Pelosi’s House. This isn’t new. Her lieutenants have said fuck the rules, fuck the norms, fuck the tradition and she did what she wanted. Plenty of examples. Don’t throw stones.

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 5

Plenty of this already exists in Pelosi’s House. This isn’t new. Her lieutenants have said fuck the rules, fuck the norms, fuck the tradition and she did what she wanted. Plenty of examples. Don’t throw stones.

Fucking bullshit.

And again, this is how your team wants it. It’s how they demand it.

I say we give them what they want and demand. Hard.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1

5 minutes ago, Doc Sam Beckett said:

Bt likes that Fozzz shits on the Dem party establishment, so he thinks that makes Fozzz a great poster. What he misses is that Fozzz shits on everything in every thread he's in and never has anything decent to say

Exactly. Fozz doesn’t shit on the Democratic Party establishment. He shits on everything with worthless posts. 

That BT thinks he is some sort of great poster makes him suspect.