Ruth Bader Ginsburg is dead

Michael Knight

5 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Fucking bullshit.

And again, this is how your team wants it. It’s how they demand it.

I say we give them what they want and demand. Hard.

Good luck, pal. Republicans won the presidency and the Senate. They get to pick SCOTUS. We didn’t make the rules. 

You are butt hurt over it but it is the will of the people. They voted in two elections to set this control (2016 and 2018). Cry in the corner over it and call it illegal, and threaten to shoot republicans, burn the streets, whatever. 

Your only response is to change the rules. That is fucking aggy as hell. Win on the field. Good luck.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 14

8 minutes ago, Longhorn said:

You are butt hurt over it but it is the will of the people.

No. It is the will of a goofy vote-counting system that sorts individual votes into unequal buckets and assigns disproportionate value to the buckets with the fewest votes in them.

More Americans voted for Democrats than Republicans. The American people most certainly do not want Republican rule. But an antiquated, anti-democratic system gave the GOP control despite the will of the people.

Edited by BrickHorn
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

Good luck, pal. Republicans won the presidency and the Senate. They get to pick SCOTUS. We didn’t make the rules. 

You are butt hurt over it but it is the will of the people. They voted in two elections to set this control (2016 and 2018). Cry in the corner over it and call it illegal, and threaten to shoot republicans, burn the streets, whatever. 

Your only response is to change the rules. That is fucking aggy as hell. Win on the field. Good luck.

Change the rules? The rule is what was applied. No SCOTUS seat during a lending election.

But the real rule is “when in power, abuse the minority and do whatever you want.” And “will of the people?” You mean the will of the majority of Americans who voted for Dem congressional candidates and senators? Or the plurality of Americans who voted for the dem presidential candidate? That “will of the people?”

What are you going to do when the makeup of the govt actually reflects the “will of the people?”

I presume you’ll be fine with that application of the only rule if and when the Dems run congress and the White House. Right?

You’re going to be good with two new states, a new voting rights act, a larger and stacked SCOTUS, etc? Just following the rule, after all.
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, Longhorn said:

Plenty of this already exists in Pelosi’s House. This isn’t new. Her lieutenants have said fuck the rules, fuck the norms, fuck the tradition and she did what she wanted. Plenty of examples. Don’t throw stones.

This is patently false. As in zero parts are correct. 

The house has ALWAYS been a majority rule institution.  The minority has no rights other than the office they were elected too. If you can’t get to 218, you ain’t shit.  Even the motion to recommit is given by the majority to the minority and may be removed at any time.  

I served 5 years in the minority, trust me on this. I’ve had majority staff literally tell me to fuck off, to my face, when delivering a note from my boss.  All you can do is eat it and walk away. 

• Hook 'Em 2

5 minutes ago, Bruh Man said:

This is remarkable. 

That's horrible. 

I find the circular firing squad unproductive. But imagine if we had a progressive rather than regressive Supreme Court - where substantive due process had voice to right the wrongs (it doesn't - it's as dead as the Tenth Amendment under the rational review test).

Proponents of substantive due process on the Court should not be remiss and forget how few vacancies there are on the Court. 

4 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Change the rules? The rule is what was applied. No SCOTUS seat during a lending election.

You’re going to be good with two new states, a new voting rights act, a larger and stacked SCOTUS, etc? Just following the rule, after all.

Obama and Biden nominated a judge, as the rules allow. The senate didn’t bring it to a vote because they didn’t think the people wanted it.  Trump and Pence will nominate a judge. The senate will bring it to a vote because they think the people want it.  

Not one law changed, state created, SCOTUS addition, etc...  

• Fuck You 11

Obama and Biden nominated a judge, as the rules allow. The senate didn’t bring it to a vote because they didn’t think the people wanted it.  Trump and Pence will nominate a judge. The senate will bring it to a vote because they think the people want it.  

Cool.

And the dem congress and White House will give all due consideration to the minority that the McConnell team did.

Goose, gander. Enjoy.
  • Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Longhorn said:

You reap what you sow.

1 minute ago, Brisketexan said:

Cool.

And the dem congress and White House will give all due consideration to the minority that the McConnell team did.

Goose, gander. Enjoy.

Yep. That’s how it works. Go win something, if you can. That’s what your problem has been.

• Fuck You 6

4 minutes ago, Longhorn said:

Principled Republicans 2016: The Supreme Court vacancy should be up to the voters to decide in November.

Principled Republicans 2020: Trump will nominate and the Senate will vote to fill the vacancy ASAP. 

Morally bankrupt.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 3

8 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

You and I wish this were the case, but it's not.

The Democrats want nothing more than a return to decorum and bipartisan compromise. They will continue to sell everyone down the river to try and get back to it.

32 minutes ago, Longhorn said:

The will of the people is about to shove you and your wannabe Nazi party into the trash heap of history where your grandkids will later be taught by a teacher who will tell them how big a piece of shit you were back in the day. 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

You and I wish this were the case, but it's not.

The Democrats want nothing more than a return to decorum and bipartisan compromise. They will continue to sell everyone down the river to try and get back to it.

Trump gif wrong. Where are you getting this bullshit? 

42 minutes ago, Longhorn said:

Minority hearing during impeachment?

That's your big gotcha????? An arcane procedural irrelevancy that nobody gives a shit about but also happened  to not be correctly raised because it was superseded by a House resolution passed by a majority 232-196 vote? 

bill murray ok GIF

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Dr. Beeper said:

I’ll repeat, though, if Hilary were President, Pelosi led a majority, and Thomas died, and she we’re polling at 40% about to be displaced in November/January, I would EXPECT her to make a liberal judge nomination by 9/25 or 9/28. It’s not dirty or unethical.

It's morally bankrupt given their stance in 2016. Unprincipled. Untrustworthy. Duplicitous. Two-Faced. 

I love it when there is no good way out. Just a fuck you. Thanking for making my day and feeding my soul.

Good way out? You look past your own party’s bullshit? Have the SCOTUS seat. Give us the landslide and you’re fucking toast. New states, amend the Judiciary Act and you can whine all you want. You won’t control Congress ever again.

4 hours ago, hayden_horn said:

this is a more succinct post of where i am at. the republican party needs to end. 

4 hours ago, troph said:

I’d like balance too but we need a conservative party that doesn’t have retaliation and punishment of people of color, LGBTQ folk and women as a founding pillar. Family values should include queer families and immigrant families. DACA is humane it’s not R or D. I could go on and on. The only way to get balance back is to bury this GOP. Bury them with out remorse and our future generations of progressives and conservatives will thank us.

GOP was already teetering prior to how RBG is being treated, and RBG's death and replacement could very well bring things to a boil.  Trump losing is going to hurt the GOP as it is, but if her death helps flip the Senate or puts it within a margin of 1 or 2, a lot of moderate and up-and-coming types on the right are going to be looking at Mitch and the GOP and turning their backs on them for pissing everything way, starting with the House in 2018.  And if Mitch retains control, he'll act like Mitch, which will definitely flip the Senate in '22.    

I would love for the GOP as we currently know it to end, and be replaced by an actual conservative party that isn't focused on fucking over Dems or trying to marginalize this or that group to score points.  Constitution Party and the libertarians aren't doing it for me.

spacer.png

1 hour ago, Longhorn said:

Moar!! I love it. Sluuuurrrrrrpppppp. Feed me. 

I’ve already read the quotes by googling them. All 3, and Obama, are on record saying that filling a seat is the right thing to do. Don’t get mad at Trump. Your own party has endorsed this. 

When we’re done taking our country back, the trolls get swastikas carved into their foreheads.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, cactusflinthead said:

it took the death of RBG to embolden the defenders of conservative politics to return to CR. 

Y'all can have all the negs.

4 hours ago, GRHorn said:

I’ve been here bruh

Let's separate conservatives from Republicans.  Because plenty of us are plenty conservative, but have long since ditched the GOP.

• Hook 'Em 4

Collins on record saying new president should appoint replacement. Need two more. I'm not sure if I see it. I don't think Romney will as he wasn't involved in the Garland fiasco and can maybe keep a clean conscience. On the other hand he voted to remove the President doing the appointing from office so there's that. Supposedly Grassley said he wouldn't vote on one during an election year but I doing McConnel launches his ram someone through strategy without Grassley in line.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Bama Chick said:

After I got the horrible news last night and had a tearful phone call with my daughter, I turned my phone off and spent the evening binge watching “Love Island” and giving myself a pedicure.

My brain couldn’t handle what I knew would be a disgusting reaction from Trump and his sycophants.

She was a giant and my personal hero. My daughter used a quote of her’s in her senior bio and as her statement of purpose for rush. We saw the fictional movie and the “Notorious RBG” documentary together.

I’m gutted and this may be the final straw that breaks me and sends me to the ledge permanently.

I feel very hopeless about our country.

Mitch and Co. are not acting like a party that is confident of its position.  If they try and push this through before the election, that means they've given up on the election and don't care how many Ds they motivate to get out and vote, and it also, more importantly, means they don't think they will have power come January.

If they thought they would win, and believe me, they have an extensive amount of information at their disposal to help them determine this, they would have no problem delaying the nomination process.

2 minutes ago, horncyclist said:

Collins on record saying new president should appoint replacement. Need two more. I'm not sure if I see it. I don't think Romney will as he wasn't involved in the Garland fiasco and can maybe keep a clean conscience. On the other hand he voted to remove the President doing the appointing from office so there's that. Supposedly Grassley said he wouldn't vote on one during an election year but I doing McConnel launches his ram someone through strategy without Grassley in line.

Or 1 more and Mark Kelly. If we can make it that far.

3 hours ago, Jive Turkey said:

Lady G already backtracking. Like we knew he would. 

Good, let him tie up his time in front of the cameras, pissing off Dems and moderates, rather than getting out and bumping elbows and raising money.  The less time he spends campaigning, the more his opponent can go after him, and the more time he's in front of the camera, the more soundbites it provides his opponent.

6 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Let's separate conservatives from Republicans.  Because plenty of us are plenty conservative, but have long since ditched the GOP.

There was a column from Jennifer Rubin last week on the devolution of the word conservative and the GOP.

I gotta ask. What is the conservative platform?

Let’s be honest: There is no conservative movement or party today. There is a Republican Party thoroughly infused with racism and intellectually corrupted by right-wing nationalism. But there is no party that believes in less or small government (though expect the GOP to hypocritically resume singing that tune as soon as a Democrat steps into the Oval Office).

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2020/09/17/why-i-dropped-conservative-my-twitter-profile/

• Hook 'Em 3