Driving Pet Peeves

Vic Mackey

15 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

People who rev their engines at lights like they are some bad ass. Usually lifted trucks and your generic Camaros/Mustangs/Challengers. Pipe down bitch. You aren't at the strip and no one is impressed by how loud it gets.

When I was teenager I had a Ford Falcon with a tiny 6 cylinder automatic that could hardly get out of its own way.

I put a loud glass pack muffler on it and would sit at the light with these idiots and rev right back at them until the light changed and then just ease away while they smoked their tires and generally made an ass of themselves.

I did this to a guy one day when the street was wet and he spun sideways in the intersection. I pulled around him and waved and smiled as I went slowly by.

Edited by Kilgorehorn
  • Hook 'Em 2

18 minutes ago, Deamerxt said:

Playing the gentleman and letting some poor sap slide in front of you, only to discover you've trapped yourself behind the biggest shithead ever.

This is often because (at least absent extenuating circumstances) shitty drivers require the charity of others far more frequently than competent and assertive drivers. 

24 minutes ago, Deamerxt said:

Playing the gentleman and letting some poor sap slide in front of you, only to discover you've trapped yourself behind the biggest shithead ever.

Or you try to let them in being polite and they are being an indecisive pussy and don't get over right away. And you are like ok, fuck it, I will keep doing. And then they try and get over at that point. I have no issues with people getting in front of me at all. If you can fit in and don't cause me to slam on my brakes, I don't care. But don't make me slow down and impede traffic behind me to let you in.

The worst is people who come to a dead stop on the highway because they are trying to get in a huge line of cars next to them needing to exit. And now I have to also come to a complete stop and try and get over a lane being at a dead stop.

• Rage+1 1

32 minutes ago, Deamerxt said:

Oh I hate this one - especially if I'm in the right lane at backed up stop light, and I let someone pull out of the parking lot in front of me, and they proceed to fuck everything up by trying to get over 3 lanes to the left turn lane, making all of us miss the light.  Fuck that.

22 hours ago, Judge Roybeanbag said:

Oh I hate this one - especially if I'm in the right lane at backed up stop light, and I let someone pull out of the parking lot in front of me, and they proceed to fuck everything up by trying to get over 3 lanes to the left turn lane, making all of us miss the light.  Fuck that.

You think you're being nice to that one driver. You're really just being a dick to all the drivers behind you. Never yield your right of way. When the light turns green, eventually space will open up for them to pull out. 

Extremely inconsistent speed on the highway, or any two lane road. I pull into the middle lane, because I have lane discipline. If you came up on my ass at 95, and I'm doing 85, you damn well better continue to do 95. But no, 9 times out of 10, I'll clear the lane with plenty of clearance, and then the dipshit will slow down next to me in the left lane, and ultimately box me in behind someone else in the middle lane doing 70.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Rage+1 2

On 9/21/2020 at 2:26 PM, Prepuce of Doom said:

White vans and white Buicks. 

Bad drivers can be found in all makes and models, but they're disproportionately represented in these two vehicles. 

The olds drive Lexuses these days, profiling their poky, inattentive driving habits is a given.

Beige Camrys and silver Accords too.  Gross.

2 hours ago, NYTransplant said:

Extremely inconsistent speed on the highway, or any two lane road. I pull into the middle lane, because I have lane discipline. If you came up on my ass at 95, and I'm doing 85, you damn well better continue to do 95. But no, 9 times out of 10, I'll clear the lane with plenty of clearance, and then the dipshit will slow down next to me in the left lane, and ultimately box me in behind someone else in the middle lane doing 70.

This is when you tailgate. 

Send a message. 

Punt that motherfucker into the ditch if necessary. 

• Haha 1

I live in Kyle and drive back and forth to Wimberley quite a bit as well as Hays City Store.  People who drive that road and insist on fucking around on cell phones or driving drunk need to be jettisoned from Earth.  Even in the best of conditions that road requires your undivided attention.  Deer, hogs, cows....other drivers who don't pay attention.  

Picked up a tailgater last night (3-4 cars in front of me).  On my ass, quarter of a mile back, on my ass, quarter of a mile back...Get to a red light they are in the left lane.  Some girl playing around on her phone.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Yesterday I stop for gas. Two pumps, I pull up to the second one. Some olds pull in front of me, lengthwise, to put air in their tire. So my car is the leg and their's is the horizontal part of a T. I finish and somebody is at the pump behind me. I'm trapped.

Old man keeps fucking with the air hose, people behind me pump their gas and go inside.

I wait for a minute or two while the old searches their failing memory on how to put air in a tire. Finally I just go over and do it myself. He hands me his gauge, I "check" the pressure, yep looks good, please pull up now so I can leave, no do you mind please moving before you go inside to buy your coffee and peruse the local paper? kthanksbi.

tldr: olds

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

• 5 months later...

Driving related fury.  

At my daughters school.   It's on a fairly major road.  The only way out of the drop off is by way of a traffic light.   In order to keep the line moving and not backing up they have a sign that does not allow left turns during drop off which requires a green light.  Instead everyone is supposed to turn right so that when there is no traffic, the line can keep moving regardless of the light.   Makes complete sense.  However, there is constantly a stream of assholes who just sit at the light waiting for the green so they can turn left.   While 15 cars behind them could be moving.   I fucking hate selfish fucks and worse are selfish fucks driving.  

Edited by midtown
  • Rage+1 1

On 10/20/2020 at 11:58 AM, NorthLoop said:

Back to traffic circles, 99% of drivers don't know how to navigate the one in downtown New Braunfels. Once the city decided to put a video on their Facebook page explaining how to do it, and the video was wrong too. 

There is a roundabout in my GF’s posh neighborhood in SHV. It has STOP signs at all four entrances to the circle. Stupid, and yes, there are some who stop.

People that drive in the left hand lane that do not speed up to pass the side-by-side semis once one passes the other.  They continue to drive only slightly faster than the semi causing the build-up of cars behind them to continue to grow.

Also the same type of people that continue to stay in the left hand lane on a single lane road that momentarily opens up with a passing lane.  The slow car gets over in the right hand lane but the second car stays in the LH lane and slowly passes the car only to leave the rest of the pack having to fall back behind the first car as the lane plays out.

Hurry up and pass so that everyone else can too.

• Rage+1 1

23 hours ago, midtown said:

Driving related fury.  

At my daughters school.   It's on a fairly major road.  The only way out of the drop off is by way of a traffic light.   In order to keep the line moving and not backing up they have a sign that does not allow left turns during drop off which requires a green light.  Instead everyone is supposed to turn right so that when there is no traffic, the line can keep moving regardless of the light.   Makes complete sense.  However, there is constantly a stream of assholes who just sit at the light waiting for the green so they can turn left.   While 15 cars behind them could be moving.   I fucking hate selfish fucks and worse are selfish fucks driving.  

Something similar at my oldest kids school.  After dropping off and leaving school property, you can only turn left.  It helps ease up traffic on the major road in front of the school by not allowing traffic to turn towards if if a right was allowed.  So what some of these assholes do is go down 200 feet, and do a U-turn in some person's driveway (circle drive).  Waiting to turn can take some time as well.  If that was my house I would put nails in the driveway. 

1 hour ago, markstanco said:

Something similar at my oldest kids school.  After dropping off and leaving school property, you can only turn left.  It helps ease up traffic on the major road in front of the school by not allowing traffic to turn towards if if a right was allowed.  So what some of these assholes do is go down 200 feet, and do a U-turn in some person's driveway (circle drive).  Waiting to turn can take some time as well.  If that was my house I would put nails in the driveway. 

Picking up is a nightmare at my kid's school.

The line to pick up backs up down the block to the intersection, then splits so that some parents are turning right to get in the pick up line, and some parents are going straight through the intersection to get in the pick up line, and some parents are going left to get into the pick up line. Cars to the back of the line will get their kids, then (illegally) u-turn out of the pick up line, or turn the opposite way at the intersection to get out of the pick up line, which completely fubars the intersection.

Meanwhile, other parents who are too important to wait in the pick up line have their kids walk a block or so away from the pick up area. The result is kids running across the street, cutting between cars waiting in line, dodging cars making u-turns, running right to left in front of cars who are turning right without stopping and only looking to the left (and vice versa).

I'm sure they will figure it all out, and come up with a better controlled, safer, more efficient, pick up system after some kid gets killed.

Edited by High Plains Drifter

School parents are the worse.   Right up there with post church derbies.  I guess everyone has to drop their snowflakes off at school these days vs bus, walk, bikes.   If there was a way for me to get my kids on a bus or anything I'd do it in a heartbeat.

I had to email my city council person and the police because the charter school near my house had a free for all every morning and afternoon.  It was incredibly dangerous.   Why they allowed a business to set up in a place where 95% of kids are dropped off with no safe system in place is just moronic.   Many parents clearly felt that waiting in the drop off line was beneath them so they dropped their kids in the Walmart lot across the street so the kids could jay walk and waited after school in the same lot causing even more jay walking.  I almost hit two kids once.

I went out with a mom who had kids at this school.  I mentioned how dangerous it was and her response.   "well my mom picks up my kids and its just unfair for her to have to wait in the line for 20 mins"

10 hours ago, elfenix said:

^^ anyone who doesn't pass with authority.  if you won't commit to going 10 mph faster than the right hand lane, stay the fuck out of the left. 

I hate this fucking shit. People get over to pass me but end up camping out in my blind spot. I will slow down so they pass me. Do not want anyone in my blind spot and you should have learned this in drivers ed to not ride in blind spots but I have learned all common sense has went out the window for so many drivers here in the DFW. 

17 hours ago, elfenix said:

^^ that's why buccee's has eleventy pumps

Buccee's has elventy pumps because they have a large number of customers.  They also have lots of parking.  Fill up and then park your car in a parking spot!

Trying to work your way around some fucking asshole for 20 minutes, then when you're just about to get around them they shove in front of you. Sometimes they turn off, as if their job of wasting your time has now ended. Fuck 'em either way. 

SIAP.  Those that wait to turn right on red until there is enough clearance for them to get all the way over into the inside LH lane to make a left hand turn more than a half mile further down the road.  Go ahead and turn right onto the outside lane and merge left as you drive toward the next turn.

• Like 1

I set my cruise 3-5 mph over and leave it alone. Assholes that ride my ass while I'm passing some one then once in front slow down because they're scared to drive 3-5 over so I start passing them and they speed up. They just want to be in front. Other one is people that drive way under the speed limit. There's a section of 114 near TMS that the speed limit is 60, but good luck going over 45 because assholes up front are just creeping along. 

• Like 2

22 hours ago, mininghorn88 said:

SIAP.  Those that wait to turn right on red until there is enough clearance for them to get all the way over into the inside LH lane to make a left hand turn more than a half mile further down the road.  Go ahead and turn right onto the outside lane and merge left as you drive toward the next turn.

You’re supposed to turn into the nearest lane anyway and then signal and move over if that’s your intent. But I run into this all the time, including just yesterday when I had to wait behind some moron at a red light who wouldn’t turn right into the right lane until someone coming from our left in the left hand lane had passed. 

• Hook 'Em 1

On 4/9/2021 at 5:35 PM, tfoolry said:

Fuckers to my right or left at four way stop that get there before me but wait until I get there & stop before they go.  

Well, how do they know that you're actually going to stop? You might be one of those assholes that treats a stop sign like it's not there. 

• Like 2

On 10/12/2020 at 2:17 PM, Vic Mackey said:

People who rev their engines at lights like they are some bad ass. Usually lifted trucks and your generic Camaros/Mustangs/Challengers. Pipe down bitch. You aren't at the strip and no one is impressed by how loud it gets.

Came up on a straight piped Dodge Cummins pulling a landscape trailer yesterday. You could hear every single input on the gas (diesel) pedal. It was obnoxious as shit. For some reason, when I went to pass him in the left lane, he hammered the pedal. Why? You’re pulling a big trailer and we’re on a wide open divided road. Cocksucker. 

50 minutes ago, Lat22 said:

Came up on a straight piped Dodge Cummins pulling a landscape trailer yesterday. You could hear every single input on the gas (diesel) pedal. It was obnoxious as shit. For some reason, when I went to pass him in the left lane, he hammered the pedal. Why? You’re pulling a big trailer and we’re on a wide open divided road. Cocksucker. 

I have to admit that I do chuckle a bit when a red neck diesel pickup guns it passing a Prius, Tesla, or some other hybrid vehicle leaving it in a plume of smoke.

9 hours ago, mininghorn88 said:

I have to admit that I do chuckle a bit when a red neck diesel pickup guns it passing a Prius, Tesla, or some other hybrid vehicle leaving it in a plume of smoke.

I’m all for rolling coal on those dorks. 

• Hook 'Em 1