Driving Pet Peeves

Vic Mackey

On 4/10/2021 at 10:48 PM, Lone Star Horn said:

Well, how do they know that you're actually going to stop? You might be one of those assholes that treats a stop sign like it's not there. 

I stop & then go before they do. They can sit there all day and watch other cars to see if they stop.  

• Hook 'Em 2

On 9/21/2020 at 7:23 PM, You don't know me said:

People that do not understand how traffic circles (or roundabouts for you cultured fucks) work. I am referring to the people that will stop in the circle to let someone enter it. Then there is the other end of the spectrum with the morons that don't yield to people in the circle and just haul ass into it.

Necro quote...

I grew up and learned how to drive in Waco.  I can't remember the circumstances or the occasion I had that allowed me to ask police officers about the right of way in the Circle.  This was well before they threw up Yield signs all over...

All I remember is that 1 officer said people IN the circle had the ROW and another officer said the people COMING IN TO the circle had the ROW.  

It was always an adventure driving through there.

16 hours ago, Lat22 said:

I’m all for rolling coal on those dorks. 

16 hours ago, mininghorn88 said:

I am in the mining industry, so, well, there you go! Right there with you!

16 hours ago, Lat22 said:

Username checks out. 

2Jrz4DC.png

On 9/21/2020 at 7:23 PM, You don't know me said:

People that do not understand how traffic circles (or roundabouts for you cultured fucks) work. I am referring to the people that will stop in the circle to let someone enter it. Then there is the other end of the spectrum with the morons that don't yield to people in the circle and just haul ass into it.

Big Bend! Parliament!

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

I hate four-way stops. Completely pointless ... I am a big fan of traffic circles ... they've started putting some in my town, and usually it works out swimmingly. I did have my first experience with the person in front of me stopping for no reason over the weekend, but I'll take a traffic circle 100 times out of 100 vs. a four-way stop.

My biggest pet peeve in my town is the complete inability of the city to have traffic signals react to traffic patterns. Sitting for one minute at a red light on a Sunday evening without a car in sight feels like nothing more than a Roscoe P. Coltrane trick to right tickets. Not of these traffic engineers seem to realize that traffic patterns fluctuate between rush hour and late evenings.

2 hours ago, Kyle said:

I hate four-way stops. Completely pointless ... I am a big fan of traffic circles ... they've started putting some in my town, and usually it works out swimmingly. I did have my first experience with the person in front of me stopping for no reason over the weekend, but I'll take a traffic circle 100 times out of 100 vs. a four-way stop.

My biggest pet peeve in my town is the complete inability of the city to have traffic signals react to traffic patterns. Sitting for one minute at a red light on a Sunday evening without a car in sight feels like nothing more than a Roscoe P. Coltrane trick to right tickets. Not of these traffic engineers seem to realize that traffic patterns fluctuate between rush hour and late evenings.

Nobody ever sees a body crushed in a t-boned car that had the right of way at a roundabout.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 4/10/2021 at 3:51 AM, RPM said:

I set my cruise 3-5 mph over and leave it alone. Assholes that ride my ass while I'm passing some one then once in front slow down because they're scared to drive 3-5 over so I start passing them and they speed up. They just want to be in front. Other one is people that drive way under the speed limit. There's a section of 114 near TMS that the speed limit is 60, but good luck going over 45 because assholes up front are just creeping along. 

you should never get in the left hand lane. 

• Like 2

Asswipe this morning sped up to about 80 on the feeder road to get on the freeway in front of me, then slowed down to 60 in a 70 zone.  There was no one ahead of him for a mile, he's just an ass.  Of course, when I move into the left lane to pass him, he speeds up.  I pull into the right lane and he slows down.  Did this twice before I got to my exit.  I hope he has terminal ED and all of his electronics fail.

Lately I've noticed they keep trying to group around me. I don't like it. I don't want to be in your fucking group. This isn't nascar and you fuckers don't need to be closed up all around me.

I hate having to drive like a complete asshole and floor it to get around 8 fucksticks that can't be bothered to go. Bhey'd clearly rather 

• Rage+1 1

On 4/12/2021 at 6:02 PM, mininghorn88 said:

A photo of a traffic circle in SHV complete with STOP signs.  Was also in Monroe this past weekend and they have added several in the city all properly done without STOP signs.

circle.thumb.jpg.5fcef08142e2e91e911e5bcb5a98eaf2.jpg

That's a neighborhood traffic circle designed to stop speeders.  That has fuck all to do with actual traffic flow.

1 hour ago, slorch said:

That's a neighborhood traffic circle designed to stop speeders.  That has fuck all to do with actual traffic flow.

Sorry, but no.  This is decent sized neighborhood that only has two entrances.  This traffic circle is on one entrance and the other entrance is parallel to this one about 200 yards to the east.  It does not have a traffic circle.  This is the only traffic circle in the whole neighborhood and there are other parts of the neighborhood where it would make more sense to place a traffic circle(s) as the roads are longer.  The traffic circle placed here is on a relatively short road.  The posts in the circle have only recently been placed there after many years.  The posts were placed there because of box trucks, landscaping trailers, etc. are too long or do not have the turning radius to go around the circle properly therefore they were clipping the turn and were driving through it leaving large ruts and/or damaging the vegetation.

I find it irritating when a LEO drives below the speed limit in the left hand lane and cars are afraid to drive the speed limit in the right hand lane and not pass them therefore causing traffic to back up behind both of them.
There is no doubt they do this shit for laughs. It never fails. Even if they are going 10 under, so many are scared to pass them.

I shouldn't be, but am still amazed at the sheer number of idiot sheeples.  This morning police and fire had 3 of 4 freeway lanes blocked while working a wreck just past an entrance ramp.  Parallel freeway feeder roads for miles in either direction, yet the vast majority of traffic was still lining up and clogging up all 3 lanes of the feeder road trying to merge for that on ramp when the long backup and flashing lights were clearly visible from way back.  Great for me once I got past the right lane retards, but hard to fathom how few figured out that simply staying on the feeder, through only a single light, and then taking the next on ramp would save probably 10+ minutes.

Also, those gushing about traffic circles must have never tried to use the terribly designed ones for Harmon and Bonds Ranch Road @ 287 in north Fort Worth.  When there's lots of traffic you need a bigger radius, or just spend 10 cents more and do a proper stoplight.  Fort Worth has completely bungled their northside development, worst in DFW.  Even Austin does a better job of adding roadway capacity.

Edited by clapclapclap

On 4/19/2021 at 2:14 PM, mininghorn88 said:

I find it irritating when a LEO drives below the speed limit in the left hand lane and cars are afraid to drive the speed limit in the right hand lane and not pass them therefore causing traffic to back up behind both of them.

I find it irritating that there are LEOs out that that don't know how to use their blinker(dang near stopped and turn blinker on) and\or don't use them at all.  Saw both instances last night from the same Hays County Deputy coming back from Wimberley.  

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

• 3 weeks later...