Driving Pet Peeves

Vic Mackey

I will start it off

1. People who tap on their brakes constantly. There is such a thing as easing off the gas

2. Taking forever and a moon to make a turn

3. Coming to a complete stop on a right green arrow at a light. Keep it moving. It's a green light and meant to keep traffic moving moron

4. People who enter the highway going extremely slow. Either being behind them or coming near them when you are already on.

5. People not paying attention when at a light. I guarantee for every single light cycle anywhere at any given time, a handful more cars could go through each light but because dumb asses aren't paying attention or just remedial and slow, they take forever to go and this has a domino effect down the whole line. No excuse for this

6. Not using blinkers to make turns. Fuck you.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 3

Mine is literally every other driver.  If it was just me and open road.... Damn that'd be sweet.

But if we are talking reality I hate the fuckers that will change lanes to be first at a stop light. There's an intersection on my way home: two lanes at a stop light, but merges into one like 20 yards past the intersection. I turn right at it.  So I'm going 20 through a school zone.  School zone ends but I see the lights red so I just coast.  Car gets up on my ass then speeds around me, cuts me off just to slam on their brakes at the light meanwhile keeping me from taking a right on red.  Idiot. 

Ahhj, been a while since I had a good rant. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

This isn't an uncommon gripe, and it's probably not very fair either, but when someone is in the right hand lane at a red light (when there are 3-4 lanes) who doesn't need to turn right. I know a small percentage of the time that person needs to turn right into a business or restaurant shortly after the light or what have you, but mostly it's a line of people who need to take advantage of that right on red but have to sit through the red light. I try not to be that guy but of course I am from time to time and when I am I do feel a minor amount of guilt.

This one might be controversial, an example: When I'm turning left and a car is coming from the opposite way, I will yield assuming they will maintain speed, but if they don't use their blinker indicating they are turning right, I have to wait on them to slow down, turn right, and then get behind them. If I saw their blinker ahead of time, I can squirt through.

People who turn out in front of you when they see you are obviously at a rate of speed that you are going to have to brake medium to hard. That's just inconsiderate and rude.

Lastly, People who need to cut across traffic and turn left and will wait forever until there is an opportunity for the traffic running left to right to let them through as well as the traffic from right to left to let them through, instead of just turning right and doing the first legal U-turn and letting everyone else go.

• Hook 'Em 7

11 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

5. People not paying attention when at a light. I guarantee for every single light cycle anywhere at any given time, a handful more cars could go through each light but because dumb asses aren't paying attention or just remedial and slow, they take forever to go and this has a domino effect down the whole line. No excuse for this

On a related note, how in the F do people not know that you can turn left on a yellow, blinking light if oncoming traffic is clear?

I hit a light every day on my way home.  Starts with a green arrow; turns blinking yellow after about 10 seconds.  If you miss the light, it takes 5 mins to turn green again.  Every, single, EFFING day, I get behind some woman who just sits there on blinking yellow.  EVERY DAY.

Fucking no blinkers for turns..WHEN if affects other people.

E.g. I want to make left turn from a lot onto the road.  I have to yield to car driving from my left to right.....the fucker is coming from 50 yards away....and pulls in the fucking lot without having signaled.  Fuck you. 

Although my wife always complain when I'm not signaling on the road....when there is no other cars around.  Fuck her too

• Hook 'Em 1

Driving like a fucking pussy. I don’t have time for people driving slower than shit. Im in a hurry get out of the way. Unless I’m not so you better not tailgate me.

I prefer aggressive drivers (within reason) to timid bitches. I can semi predict how an aggressive driver will respond to situations, timid drivers are a wildcard though.
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Godzillatron said:

Waiting through a signal to then hit a red light at the next signal half a mile down the road.. again and again. The technology exists to synchronize those lights and set up a green band for drivers at a certain speed so this doesn’t happen.

Ha!  WAY worse in Tennessee which is weird because UT-Knoxville is supposed to have like the #3 engineering program in the country that deals with this specialty.  (I can't recall the name of the specific major/program.)

• Hook 'Em 1

23 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

4. People who enter the highway going extremely slow. Either being behind them or coming near them when you are already on.

I honestly don't think it's an exaggeration to say that at least 99.5% of licensed drivers don't know how to properly enter/merge onto a highway. 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, youdunnf'dup said:

If you hold up a green arrow because you’re dicking around on your phone, and I miss the light that I otherwise would’ve made, I hate you. You don’t need to fire off that text, or scroll through social media at a fucking intersection.

3 seconds then they get the horn.  And i feel like I'm being polite when I do it.

1 hour ago, Scheiss Meister said:

Assholes who turn on their right turn signal and start slowing down two or three intersections before they actually turn.

I have got-dam gender reveal cake on the floorboard.

When I put on my signal  -  that means pass me motherfucker. If that gender reveal cake leaks a crumb of color - my ass is grass. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Not pulling into the intersection on an unprotected left turn. I’m not sure whether or not it’s legal everywhere, but it’s the courteous and safe move.

Assuming you’re entering the highway at the speed of traffic, people who pass you just before the on ramp becomes the right lane. I remember someone on the shag calling it cutting you off from behind.

• Hook 'Em 1

8 hours ago, washparkhorn said:

I have got-dam gender reveal cake on the floorboard.

When I put on my signal  -  that means pass me motherfucker. If that gender reveal cake leaks a crumb of color - my ass is grass.

The ones who do that on the freeway irritate me, but not a lot.  It's when I am turning onto a road and the fucker acts like they are turning at the intersection out of which I am turning, but drives on past for another intersection or two before turning that make me want to rip them apart with my bare hands.  Cheesedick, turd licking chicken fuckers.  I never, ever trust a right turn signal when I am turning at a stop sign because of them.

• Hook 'Em 1

The slow left lane is an obvious given. But it is exponentially worse when the same guys been clogging traffic for miles by going slow in the left-lane then cuts across four lanes of traffic last minute to exit right.

Second the taking a spot in the right turn lane when going straight. Just inconsiderate ... of course made worse when there is one car in the straight only lane and the donkey needs to be first in line so cuts over to the straight or right-turn lane last minute.

Edited by Kyle
  • Hook 'Em 2

56 minutes ago, Gene Parmesan said:

People who leave huge gaps between themselves and the car ahead of them at a red light, and then proceed to inch forward closing the gap throughout the course of the red light.

YES!  

I also hate the people who do this in stop & go traffic in the left lane, leaving a big gap for people to continually cut in front of them.

• Hook 'Em 2

41 minutes ago, BurntEyes said:

Time out. Just because I go at a follow distance that doesn't force me to hit my breaks every 30 seconds because I don't tailgate like an asshole? 

That's your problem. I assure you, I'll go as fast as the flow, faster than you when possible. I just don't like to tailgate 5" from a bumper and hit the breaks constantly.

Relax, I can see the traffic in front of me a few cars ahead. We aren't going anywhere fast.

I'm not talking about tailgating.  I'm talking about schmucks who leave 5+ car lengths between them and the car in front of them in stop and go traffic,  just because they don't want to be bothered to touch their brakes.  If that is you,  then fuck you and get out of the left lane.  If not, then carry on.

On 9/20/2020 at 1:17 PM, deadshank said:

Every car with a Louisiana license plate. 

Morons.

All of them.  

2 hours ago, BurntEyes said:

I'll see you with Arkansas, but in a string bet, go all in with Florida plates. 

Worse. Drivers. Anywhere.

Clearly you guys have not lived near Oklahoma. 

People that do not understand how traffic circles (or roundabouts for you cultured fucks) work. I am referring to the people that will stop in the circle to let someone enter it. Then there is the other end of the spectrum with the morons that don't yield to people in the circle and just haul ass into it.

9 hours ago, Incredulity said:

2.) rural/mountain highway drivers who go 10mph under speed limit------> 90+ mph in the passing area

important one for trips to Colorado. Don't do that - anywhere. Dumb and dangerous. Risk increases in hilly areas. 

You want the faster vehicles to pass you. The fun is in the curves . . . on snow. 

20 hours ago, Prepuce of Doom said:

White vans and white Buicks. 

Bad drivers can be found in all makes and models, but they're disproportionately represented in these two vehicles. 

The Ticket discussed years ago that the worst drivers are in white trucks. I think that holds.

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/21/2020 at 7:23 PM, You don't know me said:

People that do not understand how traffic circles (or roundabouts for you cultured fucks) work. I am referring to the people that will stop in the circle to let someone enter it. Then there is the other end of the spectrum with the morons that don't yield to people in the circle and just haul ass into it.

What I see most often are people who freak out and don't know what to do approaching one and will come to a complete stop before entering when there are no other cars in sight.  The whole point of a roundabout is to eliminate having to stop (if it's clear) and keep the flow of traffic moving efficiently.