Underrated Movies

Fud

1 hour ago, tantric superman said:

And if you don't like it the 2nd time you might want a refund.

"We're poor but we're happy" may be the most quoted paraphrased line in our family.

(Bought this bad boy about a week after I say the flick...Raleigh Super Grand Prix - after many discussions regarding center vs. side-pull brakes, and sew ups vs. high pressure clinchers.)

img_2783-jpg.307934

Oh man, that bike brings back memories.  My older brother detassled corn all summer to buy one of these.  Cost $110.  Had it about two weeks and my best friend borrowed it without asking (it was a neighborhood thing, what's yours in mine) and got it stolen at our local park while playing football.  My brother just reminded me of that 40 year old story a couple weeks ago.

15 hours ago, Wade said:

That movie to me showed how out of touch Hollywood is with regular people.  Hanks wrote/directed this masterpiece about a stock supervisor at a retail shit store living solo in a sweet $2M house.  Awful.

I’ll raise you The Watch. Ben Stiller plays a manager at Costco who lives in a multi-million dollar home in Inman Park. 

• Like 1

"Orphans" - Albert Finney/Matthew Modine

"The Prisoner of 2nd Avenue" - Jack Lemmon/Anne Bancroft

"Jackie Brown" 

"Cherish" - Robin Tunney/Brad Hunt (Good soundtrack too)

"Frequency" - Dennis Quaid/Jim Caviezel

"Flirting with Disaster" - Ben Stiller/Tea Leoni/Patricia Arquette

"Home for the Holidays" - Holly Hunter/RDJ/Anne Bancroft

"Scott Pilgrim vs the World" - Michael Cera  ***I mostly really like the orginality of this movie.  Brilliant idea.

"Minnie and Moskowitz" - Gena Rowlands/Seymour Cassel

2 hours ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

I think Ben Stiller is my favorite actor.  I will watch, and like, anything he's in.

He's hit or miss as far as characters for me, but that's a personal choice. I'd put him alongside Will Ferrell. They play uncomfortable characters that drive the story. The acting is great even if I don't like the character. Both tend to dial it up to 11. Both are fearless.

Edited by RPM

9 hours ago, RPM said:

He's hit or miss as far as characters for me, but that's a personal choice. I'd put him alongside Will Ferrell. They play uncomfortable characters that drive the story. The acting is great even if I don't like the character. Both tend to dial it up to 11. Both are fearless.

Plus, no one does action scenes like Stiller.

On 10/7/2020 at 3:19 PM, Patricio Swayze said:

Will y’all keep it down in here, I’m trying to watch Road House.

You're too stupid to have a good time watching Road House.

15 hours ago, Rip76 said:

"Frequency" - Dennis Quaid/Jim Caviezel

Watched this again recently.  Even better the second time.  Love time travel shit.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 9/24/2020 at 10:13 AM, NeverMarryAStripper said:

I thought it was a good movie, but could have been better without Tom Cruise.  Although he's starting to make wonder if Scientology is some secret voodoo shit that halts aging.

I guess you haven’t seen Kirstie Alley lately 

13 hours ago, XYZ said:

Citizen Kane

Gone With the Wind

Casablanca

Yeah, it's a shame how underrated those films were.  Completely swept under the rug of cinematic history.  

Alex Trebek's brilliant performance in White Men Can't Jump.

Seriously though, 90s movies are rightly loved today.  This one was huge at the time, but I don't feel like anyone talks about it any more.  It really holds up.  All three of the leads - Wesley Snipes, Woody, and Rosie Perez are gold.