Amy Coney Barrett

Anastasis

1 hour ago, workswithseed said:

Why? If you think a fetus is a human, then it's not that hard to say you're killing someone who's innocent.

Even if you believe a fetus is human — and I’ve argued strongly over the years that from a medical if not legal definition that 20 weeks gestation and later is human — you are still asking the govt to force one human to risk her health (and potentially life) for the other human. That does not sound libertarian IMO

Historically this wasn’t even a Dem/republican issue. Once the fundys got their nose under the GOP tent it (d)evolved to where we are now

• Hook 'Em 3

23 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

I wonder if the anti-abortion folks would commit to paying taxes for every child until 18. 

Nope.

They like life in the theoretical; once it's in the world with the need for education and health care and nourishment and clothing and shelter it's under the same "fiscal austerity to pay for a bloated military so we can take life around the globe" reality as the rest of us. 

• Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

Pretty bizarre to be camping outside her house but whatever. Digging the large Catholic family vibes having come from one myself. 

Omg. Her husband let her occupy the drivers seat after she loaded her diverse family into the minivan. What a subservient dog doing the white mans bidding. 

Of course a fetus is human.  It's not a goat fetus.  It's a human fetus.

It's just not a person under the Constitution. 

Going to be interesting seeing how the Dems step on their dicks with this one. 

Climate/environmental change, nuclear proliferation, lack of viable employment causing massive social upheaval?  Truly existential stuff?  That's going to play second fiddle to this idiotic obsession, which should best be approached by medical advances in pregnancy prevention and actual legislation. 

I think Roe v. Wade is a brilliant decision and I find no fault with it at all.  But Dems need to go with plan B and that means not relying on courts to uphold a woman's right to choose.  Period.

• Hook 'Em 1

27 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

While ya’ll are imagining things like Democrats hating Catholics (despite nominating one for President), you might as really go all the way and start inventing lions we’ll feed you dipshits to.

Democrats just dislike the small proportion of Catholics that are pro life. 

• Fuck You 2

18 minutes ago, Aqua Buddha said:

Absolutely not.  They're pro life as long as there is zero inconvenience to them.

Of course, the topic of this thread is a woman with a special needs child and two adopted children. I am sure that she knows nothing at all about so-called "inconvenience".

This broad is a cult member and a vapid slave to her white male masters.

Edited by Anastasis

The great things about her being confirmed is that now all of the evangelicals who "held their nose" and voted for Trump " 'cause da' courts!" can now actually follow Christian teaching and help get rid of this man who is about as anti-Christ is might be possible.

(do we have a sarcasm font? 'Cause there's no way that's happening....)

17 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

Of course, the topic of this thread

I thought libertarians respected the right to privacy and civil liberties. 

Anyway - here she is . . . interesting read if you want to get down to the brass tacks of ACB and her style of originalism. 

https://scholarship.law.upenn.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1619&context=jcl

Precedent poses a notoriously difficult problem for originalists. Some decisions thought inconsistent with the Constitution’s original public meaning are so well baked into government that reversing them would wreak havoc. Adherence to originalism arguably re- quires, for example, the dismantling of the administrative state, the invalidation of paper money, and the reversal of Brown v. Board

Edited by washparkhorn

5 minutes ago, softlynow said:

Who saw the GRHorn Anastasis whataboutism tag team coming? Oh, right, everyone. 

Sorry. I am only paying half attention to the bigoted clowns in here while we shit be the bed against tech. What whataboutism are you referring to exactly?

1 hour ago, washparkhorn said:

right to privacy and civil liberties. 

I'd love to see analysis of her legal opinions on these matters that didn't involve references to her clown car vag, vapid "no nothingisms", or subservience to white male dominance.  But that would require a certain level of discourse not typical of the CR. I do really think that you guys got it inside you though. 

3 minutes ago, achooloco said:

He’s not wrong. You are either below 70 in iq or an evil piece of shit racist to still support trumP in 2020. Change my mind. 

That's great.  Pretty simple argument to make without intersecting it with a developmentally challenged 5 year old.  But you guys do you. 

Edited by Anastasis

7 hours ago, Neonmoon said:

I wonder if the anti-abortion folks would commit to paying taxes for every child until 18. 

why is it our obligation.

Stop random fucking.

it's funny as fuck how y'all act like sex just overwhelms the individual.

Edited by slorch

4 hours ago, GRHorn said:

Democrats just dislike the small proportion of Catholics that are pro life. 

Normal people dislike wannabe racists like you and the current Republican Party. It’s not a mystery why. You support a 1930s style fascist takeover just like they did in Germany which will ultimately led to exterminating the undesirebles. I realize you disagree which is why everyone thinks you are a total moron. But carry on with your nonsense and hopefully anastasis will give you some more positive rep. 

2 minutes ago, washparkhorn said:

Ana - libertarian-leaning - simping for a nominee who gives nary a fuck about the Constitutional right to be left alone = sad face

would still love to see some actual analysis here wash. Be best. 

29 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

I'd love to see analysis of her legal opinions on these matters that didn't involve references to her clown car vag, vapid "no nothingisms", or subservience to white male dominance.  But that would require a certain level of discourse not typical of the CR. I do really think that you guys got it inside you though.