Linda Ronstadt in 1975

Hornius Emeritus

On 9/19/2020 at 11:03 PM, Knoxtnhorn said:

I don't know.  This one is pretty close.

I thought Olivia was good lookin' and all that, but she never had the sexy thing going, at least not like Linda Ronstadt. I was just never a fan of ONJ's voice. Stevie Nicks was sexy but too slutty.  Linda was the perfect combination of amazing voice, sexy, but somebody you could bring home to mom and dad.

17 hours ago, Hornius Emeritus said:

I thought Olivia was good lookin' and all that, but she never had the sexy thing going, at least not like Linda Ronstadt. I was just never a fan of ONJ's voice. Stevie Nicks was sexy but too slutty.  Linda was the perfect combination of amazing voice, sexy, but somebody you could bring home to mom and dad.

Does not compute.

20 hours ago, Hornius Emeritus said:

How dare you. 

1 hour ago, Underdog said:

I know many hate(d) disco but I loved me some Donna Summer. 

I've told this story before, and recently if I'm not mistaken, but I was on a subway in NYC when an absolutely stunning woman got on and sat across from me.  Ankle length bright purple overcoat.  Donna Summer.  There was no mistaking her.  I just stared -- in person she is far more beautiful than one might expect.  She was regal.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

On 9/19/2020 at 10:23 PM, Hornius Emeritus said:

I'm sorry, but there has never been an all-out smouldering sexual tigress like Linda Ronstadt in 1975.  If you disagree with me I will have no choice but to fight you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yNbx7QWf-cg

Why is she covering a Van Halen song before Van Halen ever released it?

Edited by deadshank
Ray Davies wants to know.

Obligatory - if you haven’t seen her bio doc that came out on CNN a year or so ago definitely check it out.

I’ve seen it a couple of times. Each time at the end when Sheryl Crow, Stevie Nicks, Emmylou, and Bonnie Raitt are singing one of her tunes it always makes me realize just want a different level she was on.

44 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

She could sing anything. Despite Rex Smith and a bad mix her performance of Stay Fredric Stay in Pirates of Penzance is unreal.

Ha!  My parents brought this movie home from the video store one time when I was in middle school.  I was apoplectic about watching a musical.  I spent the entire time trying to pretend that I didn't like it.  Kevin Kline is hilarious in this.

Edited by Knoxtnhorn
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Knoxtnhorn said:

Ha!  My parents brought this movie home from the video store one time when I was in middle school.  I was apoplectic about watching a musical.  I spent the entire time trying to pretend that I didn't like it.  Kevin Kline is hilarious in this.

They showed it a bunch on cable a lot in the 80s and along with Foul Play it introduced me to Gilbert and Sullivan light operas, which I love to this day, fight me.

Edited by Bozo_Casanova
  • Hook 'Em 1

Linda Ronstadt at her hottest > Farrah at her hottest...

CSB trivia - A comment by Farrah was the inspiration behind Midnight Train To Georgia, though her actual statement referenced a midnight plane to Houston and involved the Six Million Dollar Man as well as flag football. Look it up....

Edited by Ignatius