Cowboys vs Falcons: Week 2

Vic Mackey

4 minutes ago, Wanker Bob said:

Yes because if you fail the conversion after that last score it's the same difference. Same situation. Exactly. 

This game isn't over because atlanta made the biggest fuck up of the season for any team. Maybe the biggest fuck up of a couple seasons. 

If you don’t go for it the first score, you don’t make sure to leave time for another drive. If we kick to get to 29, then take all the time getting the last td only to fail the conversion, there’s no time for the possession after the onside kick to move into fg range. That’s why you go for it after the first td. 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, Pato del Muerto said:

If you don’t go for it the first score, you don’t make sure to leave time for another drive. If we kick to get to 29, then take all the time getting the last td only to fail the conversion, there’s no time for the possession after the onside kick to move into fg range. That’s why you go for it after the first td. 

That's not true the time would have been the same. You would have played for the TD the same way. You don't bleed the clock like it's a last second field goal attempt to win when you're down 8. 

• Hook 'Em 1

if you are down 8 you aren't going to "leave time".  you are going to try to score as fast as possible because you are still banking on a 2 point conversion to tie.  I have a bigger problem with not going for the 2's on the earlier TD's given we were down 20 points.

Ding ding ding. It’s a risk either way. But I knowing what you need with time left is better than waiting.

1 minute ago, Wanker Bob said:

That's not true the time would have been the same. You would have played for the TD the same way. You don't bleed the clock like it's a last second field goal attempt to win when you're down 8. 

Untrue. You call plays and use clock differently one score down vs 2 scores down. 

if you are down 8 you aren't going to "leave time".  you are going to try to score as fast as possible because you are still banking on a 2 point conversion to tie.  I have a bigger problem with not going for the 2's on the earlier TD's given we were down 20 points.

But what if you don’t get that 2 pt conversion with no time left? You’re done. Go for it earlier and now you KNOW what you need to do.
  • Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Pato del Muerto said:

Untrue. You call plays and use clock differently one score down vs 2 scores down. 

down 8 you should absolutely expect you aren't going to make the 2 pointer.  its less than 50% conversion rate.  if you are calling plays differently that is on the coach.

2 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

down 8 you should absolutely expect you aren't going to make the 2 pointer.  its less than 50% conversion rate.  if you are calling plays differently that is on the coach.

If none of it matters as far as play calls for either team and the same thing would happen, then why does it matter when you go for it?

down 8 with a few minutes left, you are playing for overtime, and for that you want to give the ball back with as little time as possible.

more info is better. The earlier you know whether or not you get the conversion, the better off you are the rest of the game. 

Edited by Pato del Muerto
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

So was it Rodgers Magic or was it McCarthy Magic?

If none of it matters as far as play calls for either team and the same thing would happen, then why does it matter when you go for it?

more info is better. The earlier you know whether or not you get the conversion, the better off you are the rest of the game. 

so you are saying that no matter the time left on the clock when you are down 9 with a conversion coming you go for 2?

2 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

So was it Rodgers Magic or was it McCarthy Magic?

so you are saying that no matter the time left on the clock when you are down 9 with a conversion coming you go for 2?

No, there needs to be limited expected possessions left. Like 2. So you know if you need to try to turn 2 possessions into 3 possessions. 

Atlanta going for 2 to get up 21 in the 2nd quarter was a bad call. You do that when there’s 3 or 4 expected possessions left. 

very little reason to go for two before the fourth quarter. 

Edited by Pato del Muerto
  • Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

No, there needs to be limited expected possessions left. Like 2. So you know if you need to try to turn 2 possessions into 3 possessions. 

Atlanta going for 2 to get up 21 in the 2nd quarter was a bad call. You do that when there’s 3 or 4 expected possessions left. 

very little reason to go for two before the fourth quarter. 

I should have said in the 4th quarter

1 minute ago, Dr. Beeper said:

CeeDee led the team in receiving and went over 100 yards in his 2nd game ever. People here are underwhelmed by him?  Lol. 

Wow I take it back he's ballin. I didn't say I was underwhelmed but I agreed with that dude.

Cooper just has a shot attitude and it's always showing him looking all smug and walking over to the sideline when they are getting ready for an important! Third! Down! Isn't that one of your top receivers? Why not have em in on 3rd????

• Like 1

I have a good friend that is a HUGE Falcon fan and Georgia Bulldog alum/fan.  He was the sideline when GA chocked away a national championship appearance, what, 4 years ago?  I may have to call and check on him.

If he survived the Super Bowl choke, he should be fine.
  • Hook 'Em 2