Texas opens as a 19 point favorite @ Texas Tech

TexasMan

On 9/23/2020 at 12:06 PM, Pogo said:

Pretty sure it was flour with a hole in the center.  At least if I were going to do it now, that's what I would use.  They hold together better and are a little heavier to cut through the wind.  I assume the hole also helped with aerodynamics.

That wasn't what the hole was for. 

• Haha 1

On 9/23/2020 at 9:22 AM, GoldAppleCorps said:

I didn't spend much time looking at the Tech/HBU "highlights", but it looked to me like the Tech safeties just weren't playing their position, to put it bluntly.

HBU didn't drive methodically. Rather, they scored on uncontested pitch and catch type passes where it looked like the safeties just stood deep in "Cover-2" position and sort of didn't cover their side of the field. The receivers would be released deep by the CBs. The safeties were uninterested in the results until the receivers trotted by them with the ball.

Don't know if that's something you can correct in practice in a week.

I think the highlights are in post 157 just a couple above yours!

3 hours ago, Atticus said:

We played that about as well as we could have since we needed a TD to go ahead.
Even without Crabtree doing his thing, they likely get a 40ish yard FG to win.

No their kicker was horrible.  Its why they cut it so close.  Had Crabtree been tackled in bounds, the game was over.  There was only 1 second left when he scored.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Xcalibur said:

I remember doing the same damn thing while watching the game live. 

Your post made me rewatch our last touchdown drive in that game just now, and I counted (conservatively) that we could have removed an additional 1:50 off the clock on our final drive by just allowing the play clock to run down further before each play.  We snapped the ball on one play inside Tech's red zone with 30 seconds left on the play clock.  Infuriating!  When Tech got the ball back for the last time, they had 1:29 left.

Gideon should've still caught that ball, but really the game should never have gotten to the point where it was in Gideon's hands.

Yeah.  I remember saying, "Man we scored too quick!!!"

18 minutes ago, Jack Wilson said:

Hell, it's still too soon for Craig fuckiing Curry and the '84 Cotton bowl . . .

It was the flagrant holding that didn't get called.  They grabbed the DE by the arm and pulled him down.  They couldn't score on that defense otherwise.

55 minutes ago, Randolph Duke said:

I hope you weren't going for humor there. For some of us, it's still too soon.

Here's a trick I discovered a while back. I found that if I stopped caring about the 2008 game, it couldn't hurt me anymore. Once I consciously moved on from it, I realized how lucky we are.

The defining moment in Tech's program history, their team's most iconic moment, was a win over Texas. They have never even come remotely close to that peak since. If my team's greatest accomplishment was a win over Tech, I'd blow my fucking brains out.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

Yeah, well...we sobered the fuck real quicklike by December 2009.

Y'all are more of a strung out junky motherfucker who tries to convince the world how great he used to be.

as far as sports stuff that sucks, losing the NCAA Title in hoops while being up 3 with an opponent only having one possession sucked moose cock. Having a Top 10 type baseball team never get to hit the field in 2020 sucked worse than anything in football for the past decade.  I'm fucking numb to the football program any more.  It's just a drinking occasion.

Edited by slorch

2 hours ago, bullet said:

No their kicker was horrible.  Its why they cut it so close.  Had Crabtree been tackled in bounds, the game was over.  There was only 1 second left when he scored.

He was 2of 3 in the game, and the miss was blocked.   He was a walk-on of all walk-ons, earning his spot in a halftime contest in an early season game.

He was 33 of 33 of PATS for the season.

In 2009, he was 60-61 on PATS and 11-14 on FGs.

He wasn't  Jan fucking Stenerud, but he didn't suck either.

You misremember a lot of stuff in one post.  There were 4 seconds left when the UT secondary whiffed on Crabtree at the 5.  Tech had a timeout left. The angle of contact from the defender(LOLz) would have forced Crabtree OOB.  The FG attempt obviously wasn't going to be automatic, but it was hardly as dire as you make it sound.

All the more reason the TD was so great.  No opportunity for shenanigans.  No bullshit officiating which had already raised its head in the game.  Just a fucking TD that virtually nobody expected.

Edited by slorch

8 minutes ago, ztejas said:

It's okay he's still better than anyone that's ever played defense at Tech. 

say what you will, It's still unbelievable how the defensive play went down,  regardless of fan loyalties. It was much more of a shot at the other poster.

I'm fine with my Gabe Riveras and Zach Thomases. You've never heard me posting shit about ET on the field.

Edited by slorch

1 hour ago, slorch said:

He was 2of 3 in the game, and the miss was blocked.   He was a walk-on of all walk-ons, earning his spot in a halftime contest in an early season game.

He was 33 of 33 of PATS for the season.

In 2009, he was 60-61 on PATS and 11-14 on FGs.

He wasn't  Jan fucking Stenerud, but he didn't suck either.

You misremember a lot of stuff in one post.  There were 4 seconds left when the UT secondary whiffed on Crabtree at the 5.  Tech had a timeout left. The angle of contact from the defender(LOLz) would have forced Crabtree OOB.  The FG attempt obviously wasn't going to be automatic, but it was hardly as dire as you make it sound.

All the more reason the TD was so great.  No opportunity for shenanigans.  No bullshit officiating which had already raised its head in the game.  Just a fucking TD that virtually nobody expected.

Yeah, the refs ignored some of the most flagrant holding I’ve ever seen.  It was beyond the normal Tech holding, which is saying a lot.

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

3 minutes ago, cochamps said:

Yeah, the refs ignored some of the most flagrant holding I’ve ever seen.  It was beyond the normal Tech holding, which is saying a lot.

Agreed.  They only called the game that way when Tech was on offense.  Texas had like 10 holding calls.

11 minutes ago, slorch said:

say what you will, It's still unbelievable how the defensive play went down,  regardless of fan loyalties. It was much more of a shot at the other poster.

I'm fine with my Gabe Riveras and Zach Thomases. You've never heard me posting shit about ET on the field.

I just had to keep you honest.

I was going to say he's better than anyone that's played at Tech but fucking Mahomes has ruined that. Welker was nice too.

HWhile the 25% rule may tamp down the hostile atmosphere at Tech, playing there never seems to be extremely easy.

Would always love to see a curb stomping/ mud hole ( dust hole) of Tech, but will be very happy to leave Lubbock with a W and no major injuries to our tribe.

The new coaching staff there is likely better than their record to date.

Edited by El Squared

38 minutes ago, slorch said:

Agreed.  They only called the game that way when Tech was on offense.  Texas had like 10 holding calls.

Tech is smarter.  They know to just tackle on every play.  They may call one of two early that is it.  The one where Brackens was turned around was the most egregious miss I’ve seen, but I’ve only been watching since 1968.

Edited by cochamps
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

5 hours ago, Xcalibur said:

I remember doing the same damn thing while watching the game live. 

Your post made me rewatch our last touchdown drive in that game just now, and I counted (conservatively) that we could have removed an additional 1:50 off the clock on our final drive by just allowing the play clock to run down further before each play.  We snapped the ball on one play inside Tech's red zone with 30 seconds left on the play clock.  Infuriating!  When Tech got the ball back for the last time, they had 1:29 left.

Gideon should've still caught that ball, but really the game should never have gotten to the point where it was in Gideon's hands.

blame is shared equally by 4 parties...

25% mack/clock

25% gideon

25% voters who fucked us - a neutral site win > a win at home in a 3-way round robin period end of story

25% art briles

yes, art briles.  and not for his vote.

29 November 2008 - rape @ tceh

Rapelor gets the ball with 6 minutes left.  These are the last 5 plays of their season:

1st & 10 at BAY 28

(5:53 - 4th) Robert Griffin pass complete to Thomas White for 19 yards to the Bayl 47 for a 1ST down.

1st & 10 at BAY 47

(5:34 - 4th) Jay Finley rush for 2 yards to the Bayl 49.

2nd & 8 at BAY 49

(4:24 - 4th) Robert Griffin sacked by Brandon Williams for a loss of 10 yards to the Bayl 39.

3rd & 18 at BAY 39

(3:41 - 4th) Robert Griffin pass complete to David Gettis for 13 yards to the TexTc 48.

4th & 5 at TTU 48

(3:32 - 4th) Robert Griffin sacked by McKinner Dixon for a loss of 7 yards to the Bayl 45.

What that doesn't tell you is that Briles tanked the drive with 2 egregious play calls on 2nd and 4th down.   Especially on 4th down he called a DELAYED QB DRAW.  Maxhorn will remember this if he stumbles by this post.  We were at the old monk, and we were incredulous that you would handcuff RG3 with that call.  Briles never before or since deliberately tanked a drive or threw a game.  Why?

Because if Baylor had won that game there is no 3-way tie and we win the XII south outright and proceed to stuff looch's cock in tebow's mouth.  Briles is right up there in the pantheon of hate with switzer, sherrill, hatfield.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

33 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Nothing says good Game Week vibes like reliving and relitigating the 2008 Tech game for the millionth time!

If I have to keep watching killshots on Carlos Francis and  a punter, and even the (legal but wicked) shot on Mahomes, surely y'all can stomach a lil Crabtree...

Texas has owned this series. When our best shot at y'all is, "Well yeah, you win a lot, but you overspend like a motherfucker"  Well, you're still winning.

3 minutes ago, slorch said:

If I have to keep watching killshots on Carlos Francis and  a punter, and even the (legal but wicked) shot on Mahomes, surely y'all can stomach a lil Crabtree...

Texas has owned this series. When our best shot at y'all is, "Well yeah, you win a lot, but you overspend like a motherfucker"  Well, you're still winning.

Oh you talking about it is normal. The UT fans punching themselves in the dick over and over is more than a bit odd. You'd think they'd have processed the trauma by now.

• Hook 'Em 1

At risk of picking the scab, seems to me the Crabtree play was almost superficial from a UT perspective, considering earlier proceedings. Like when Soto hit the HR in the 8th against Houston in Game 7.  Rendon had already killed the Astros in the 7th.  It's like, "Why the fuck not.  We deserved that as fans.   Kill all of my dreams."

Edited by slorch

https://247sports.com/LongFormArticle/College-football-predictions-Week-4-results-SportsLine-Miami-Florida-State-Tennessee-South-Carolina-151922623/#151774271_6

CBS Sports and 247Sports partner SportsLine features a computer that simulates every single snap of every college football game 10,000 times to come up with the most accurate projections possible. Those who have followed it have seen massive returns.

Over the past four years, the proprietary computer model has generated a stunning $5,310 profit for $100 bettors on its top-rated spread picks.

SportsLine's model enters Week 4 of the 2020 college football season with a strong overview of the latest slate. Since simulating these matchups — also taking into factors such as injuries, matchups and player history — the results are in.

NO. 8 TEXAS (-18) 33, TEXAS TECH 21

Tceh girls csb - I went out with this girl from tech when I moved to Austin for school in 1985. After a couple of dates I called her house and her mom answered, and my mind went completely blank and I couldn't remember the girl's name. I should have just hung up, but I stammered about drawing the aforementioned blank on her name. Her mom was not impressed. And I never saw her again. Luckily, as I could have caught something undesirable due to her previous proximity to Lubbock.

1 minute ago, slorch said:

^^^^^^^^^^^^

"Not our (Penthouse Forums) Standard!"

One of the better looking girls I've been with was a Tech transfer. We went on a few dates and I took her to an away weekend in Austin. She wasn't super crazy but had daddy issues and was a little clingy. The low point was her throwing up some disgusting foamy green shit one night in my bed after a St. Paddy's day weekend. High point was spending the with her sans any roommates at one of the pretty nice hotels downtown, can't remember which. 

We kind of went our separate ways after that, not sure what made me lose interest. She's now a TV journalist in a midsize Texas city (not providing more details to respect her privacy).

I will tell anyone on here that's somehow younger than me or needs advice: if you go down on a woman and rock her world she will never forget it. She's been in a committed relationship but I can't guarantee she wouldn't risk it all if I ran into her almost on that point alone. 

I'm actually a little excited with happy expectation for this game. We did what we were supposed to do against UTEP. A few exciting new entrants to the spotlight in Collins, Schooler, Money, and Bijan.

It's also fun that everyone on the team can come back next year if they choose to. There will be good football (everywhere) next year if we can have a normal season. 

I feel a lot of winning in our future. That feeling has been dashed many times in the last ten years. Let's roll the dice again, my friends.

Hook the Hell Out of 'Em!

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, slorch said:

At risk of picking the scab, seems to me the Crabtree play was almost superficial from a UT perspective, considering earlier proceedings. Like when Soto hit the HR in the 8th against Houston in Game 7.  Rendon had already killed the Astros in the 7th.  It's like, "Why the fuck not.  We deserved that as fans.   Kill all of my dreams."

Oh great, those are pretty much the two worst sports moments of my life (I was, thankfully, too young to remember the Georgia Cotton Bowl). So thanks for bringing them both up in a single post. 

Edited by Hank Chinaski
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Hank Chinaski said:

Oh great, those are pretty much the two worst sports moments of my life (I was, thankfully, too young to remember the Georgia Cotton Bowl). So thanks for bringing them both up in a single post. 

If we're bringing back painful memories, why not add the Oilers' collapse against Buffalo.

13 minutes ago, Texasrocks said:

If we're bringing back painful memories, why not add the Oilers' collapse against Buffalo.

That one was bad, but there was a difference - I thought 2008 Texas was the best team in the nation (I still do), and I thought the 2019 Astros were the best team in baseball. I never thought that about the 92 Oilers.

It was absurd how that 08 Texas team got screwed with the 3-way tie bullshit. That, followed by Colt getting knocked out of the 09 title game made me a bitter, bitter man (well, I already was, but those incidents didn't help). 

Edited by Hank Chinaski
  • Hook 'Em 2