2020 Emmys

PenelopeWitherspoon

5 minutes ago, strangulation! said:

It’s not funny. It is sorta good in some way that I can’t put my finger on yet.

It is very funny. It is just a different humor.  I like What We Do in the Shadows more, but I laugh at this one too.

FYI, it just won best series.  Complete sweep on comedy awards.

• Hook 'Em 1

12 hours ago, henrygandorf said:

hulu has them if you don’t have the good version. not sure about the others. 

Not sure on Hulu's business model there. For movies, there's usually one ad at the beginning that is 45 to 90 seconds, and that's it. 

On their shows, there are just as many ads as regular TV. More than Peacock which doesn't make sense because Peacock is free, and Hulu has a subscription fee. I guess Hulu trades more ads for more/higher quality content. 

2 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Not sure on Hulu's business model there. For movies, there's usually one ad at the beginning that is 45 to 90 seconds, and that's it. 

On their shows, there are just as many ads as regular TV. More than Peacock which doesn't make sense because Peacock is free, and Hulu has a subscription fee. I guess Hulu trades more ads for more/higher quality content. 

our version of hulu we see zero ads.  but hulu originals (starting with mindy project) have clear commercial breaks, and i know the lower tiers have "on-demand" style ad usage.  less than broadcast network, but more than zero.

my understanding is that peacock is similar, in that the lower tier is "free" but has commercials.  the premium versions have more content, and i can only assume, no ads.

17 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

our version of hulu we see zero ads.  but hulu originals (starting with mindy project) have clear commercial breaks, and i know the lower tiers have "on-demand" style ad usage.  less than broadcast network, but more than zero.

my understanding is that peacock is similar, in that the lower tier is "free" but has commercials.  the premium versions have more content, and i can only assume, no ads.

The mid tier Peacock, I believe it's $4.99 a month, has more content, but plenty of ads. You have to upgrade to the $9.99 Peacock subscription for no ads. 

I bet NBC/Peacock is counting on The Office binge watchers to drive up their premium subscription numbers. 

Edited by billfromlaketravis

On 9/20/2020 at 7:54 PM, strangulation! said:

It’s not funny. It is sorta good in some way that I can’t put my finger on yet.

It has heart.  The characters are flawed but kind.  You like them and want to be friends with them.  

The heart of it makes me enjoy the show even more.  I've noticed it's something I really am attracted to in sitcoms.  For me it's similar to Parks and Rec in that regard.