Marvel's WandaVision on Disney+

mdmost

13 hours ago, mdmost said:

Not yet. It's from the comics but you can let it play out. If you aren't up fully on the Wanda and Vision as characters, watch the Marvel Legends shorts that are on Disney+. They give all the relevant background on both characters. They're about 7 minutes each. 

The only problem is they don't give us backstory on Agnes and Geraldine.

Spoiler

Agnes's character could be tied into comics stuff (Mephisto if we are getting into witchcraft, and which could bring in Silver Surfer, which ties into FF4 and Doctor Strange)

I'm not going to go back and watch, but I believe Geraldine showed up after Wanda found the toy helicopter, and given that Geraldine is Monica Rambeau, I'm wondering if the toy helicopter was actually Wanda's manifestation of a helicopter that Monica flew into/breached Wanda's little world with.

And I still can't figure out if Wanda is trapped (by the barrier that she threw Geraldine/Monica through) by Sword/Shield, or if she created that little world in response to Vision dying, and Sword is just trying to keep her and her craziness contained.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, atomheartbevo said:

It's got me pretty excited for Doctor Strange, Spidey, and the Multiverse.

I’m super excited about MCU’s Spiderman 3.  I’ve had some stuff spoilered on me but other than Avengers EG I can’t think of a super hero movie I’ve been this pumped about.

12 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Sword logo was on the toy helicopter too

Spoiler

That's why I'm wondering if it was meant to represent a real helicopter that she (Geraldine/Monica) flew in and/or crashed through whatever barrier is up, whether Wanda constructed it with her mind, or Sword constructed it to keep her in.

Good take on a slightly different  perspective of the snap.  Obviously they didn’t have much time in Endgame to do more than they did with it (therapy session plus Batman reunion), and Far from Home handled it in its own lighter way dealing with high school kids. Much darker look at the lost time. 

I enjoyed Woo and Darcy’s characters. Quite a bit of “explaining” done in this episode that also shot down a few fan theories. 

• Hook 'Em 2

9 minutes ago, NOMAAA said:

i hadnt put that together that she was the kid in capt marvel until i saw that post on the other page.  makes sense.  i really want to know what made wanda go crazy. 

also i would like to butter eliabeth olsons bread if you catch my drift.

What made Wanda go crazy? Endgame 1 and 2. 

I’d imagine all these people you thought were dead coming back....but not Vision....broke her 

8 minutes ago, NOMAAA said:

i hope shes not just doing this because shes sad.  i want ultron reborn pulling the strings somehow. 

Sad is a bit of an understatement. She’s a pretty broken human being. From her parents death and torture for days waiting for a bomb to explode, to the brainwashing from Hydra, and then her brother getting killed by Ultron whom they trusted. We are now ~3 weeks from Endgame. Her last 3 weeks were watching the love of her life die TWICE, and one of those times SHE killed him, and then suddenly reappearing in the middle of the largest battle on earth...  yeah I think she’s all kinds of mentally fucked up and probably still working through a few things. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

I’m a little confused and don’t feel like watching end game again right now. 

why are people rematerializing?

my understanding is that the snap happened, and they went back in time and created another timeline. So original timeline, snap still happened, new timeline, snap never happened.  I am obviously mistaken- where?

2 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

my understanding is that the snap happened, and they went back in time and created another timeline. So original timeline, snap still happened, new timeline, snap never happened.  I am obviously mistaken- where?

The snap happened in all timelines.  Hulk snapped again (after recovering all the stones) to undo the Thanos snap, and Tony Stark snapped again to get rid of Thanos.  It's a little convoluted, but was also covered (with a bit more humor) in far from home.

Edited by Waterboarder
Hopefully added some clarity

you know i didnt put that timeline together about being only a few weeks after endgame.  that makes sense. 
still i want ultron.  a real ultron this time. 
When Monica Rambeau goes back to work the director tells her it's been 3 weeks and she's the first to return.

4 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

No, hulk's snap brought everyone back. 

10 minutes ago, Viper said:

No, hulk's snap brought everyone back. 

It brought everyone back 5 years later. Everyone else aged 5 years, those in the Snap came back as if they hadn’t missed anything. The Spider-Man movie cleared up the timeline for the most part.

The part about the astronauts and the snap kind of agitated one of my phobias. They mentioned they lost the astronauts during the snap. Well, those astronauts snapped back in where they snapped out - in the middle of empty space.  Just floating unable to move in the dark void until you run out of air. Probably a lot of people on airplanes too when the snap happened. 

On 1/23/2021 at 11:06 PM, atomheartbevo said:

The only problem is they don't give us backstory on Agnes and Geraldine.

I'm not going to go back and watch, but I believe Geraldine showed up after Wanda found the toy helicopter, and given that Geraldine is Monica Rambeau, I'm wondering if the toy helicopter was actually Wanda's manifestation of a helicopter that Monica flew into/breached Wanda's little world with.

And I still can't figure out if Wanda is trapped (by the barrier that she threw Geraldine/Monica through) by Sword/Shield, or if she created that little world in response to Vision dying, and Sword is just trying to keep her and her craziness contained.

Some of my questions were definitely answered in this episode. 

And I’m leaning towards Agnes having agency, similar to Monica/Geraldine.  In hindsight, Agnes was clearly trying to get Geraldine/Monica thrown out when she was telling Vision that Geraldine didn’t belong there.  She knew that telling Vision would get the message to Wanda.  

Agnes seemed to have doubts whether the Vision manifestation has agency, or is controlled fully by Wanda.

Props to the writers   They took the show up to 11   

SHIELD is protection on the planet. SWORD is external protection. It's the answer Tony Stark wanted after the first Avengers movie. A group that monitors extraterrestrial and interdimensional threats. They've never been referenced in the MCU yet outside of a quick nod at the end of Spiderman:Far From Home when Telos is revealed to be Nick Fury and the real Nick is up on a space station getting some R & R. 

Last night was fantastic. I noticed two people they didn't identify by IDs were Agnes and Dottie. I think that's a bit of a red herring though, at least for Dottie. I'm hoping it's not just Wanda that's created this reality. I'm hoping there's something larger that's shown her she could do something to have Vision back and the life she always wanted with a stable home, a family, being married, the suburban lifestyle. 

Edited by mdmost

32 minutes ago, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

I have seen all the Marvel movies but didn’t read the comics.  What is the difference between SHIELD and SWORD?  Also, has there been references to SWORD in any of the Marvel movies that I may have missed?  I can’t seem to remember it.  

mdmost covered it pretty well. if it helps I think of them as their names. a shield is for defense, a sword is for offense (stopping external threats before they threaten Earth). In the comics Miss/Captain Marvel was involved with SWORD, looks like they may have Monica Rambeau taking her place in that. Which kind of fits because one of her super hero names in the comics was Captain Marvel (then Photon, then Pulsar)

7 minutes ago, d2o said:

She's aged a bit.    Wasn't she an intern in Thor 1?   Kinda cool that she's now a PhD.   Too bad we're not gonna get to see her tits.

Yeah she was a student in Thor 1, which was 2011.

Thor 1 is also set like 12 years before Wandavision, since it’s post-unsnappening. 

Re-watched the last episode, and...just some random thoughts.

Spoiler

I'm curious if they are going to use the space program that Monica was talking about, to kick off Fantastic Four, since we know they are bringing F4 into the MCU very soon.  And given that Wandavision is supposed to tie into Doctor Strange and Spidey, I'm wondering if Wandavision ends with her being the antagonist in the next Doctor Strange.

• Hook 'Em 1

22 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Re-watched the last episode, and...just some random thoughts.

Reveal hidden contents

I'm curious if they are going to use the space program that Monica was talking about, to kick off Fantastic Four, since we know they are bringing F4 into the MCU very soon.  And given that Wandavision is supposed to tie into Doctor Strange and Spidey, I'm wondering if Wandavision ends with her being the antagonist in the next Doctor Strange.

I hope the don’t make Wanda the main bad guy in DrS2, not because “she’s been shit on in the comics” or “women are being portrayed as emotional and unable to handle powers like men” (I’ve read both sets of bitching, and it is stupid) but mainly because she’s  already been the broken and mislead good guy that is temporarily a villain along with her brother, and they are currently doing the emotionally damaged destroying things in her grief and rage impression of the Hulk. I think that story will have been told. 

Now maybe if she inadvertently stirs up Mephisto and/or becomes his vessel, maybe something like that could work. 

Also, I’ve wondered if Dormando (DrS villain) will make a return if the time stone was the only thing keeping him at bay.  

Edited by UT_OB1
  • Hook 'Em 2

9 hours ago, Bobby Light said:

I just love that we get weekly episodes with shows like this. So much to discuss between episodes

It's funny how it either works really really well (Wandavision), works enough not to warrant a lot of complaining (Mando) or just flat out sucks because the plot moves too slowly/confusing for week to week and is easier to binge (Expanse season 4-5; Handmaids)