Marvel's WandaVision on Disney+

mdmost

3 hours ago, jetsfan76 said:

One of the ideas floating around is that the woman she met with the rover, the engineer she knew, was her old skrull friend. The daughter of Talos. Since this splinter group still apparently works for S-word, but doesn't seem to follow commander Dick face

thats fucking interesting man.

7 minutes ago, huge said:

I figured it was someone good. The songwriting is another top notch aspect to the show.

agreed.  would love it if someone (hello rick beato..) would make a video on the intro songs and the corresponding song they're based on.  there is so much going on rhythmically, instrumentation wise, and melodically in each.  very impressive.  

2 minutes ago, gsoda3 said:

agreed.  would love it if someone (hello rick beato..) would make a video on the intro songs and the corresponding song they're based on.  there is so much going on rhythmically, instrumentation wise, and melodically in each.  very impressive.  

I would prefer Polyphonic, but Beato would do in a pinch.

• Hook 'Em 2

5 minutes ago, DallasHorn26 said:

Be sure to watch through the credits  Just realized ep 7 has an end credit scene too.

Spoiler

I think it's really going to piss her off, to a level we haven't seen, and we will get a Doctor Strange cameo in 8.

Agatha already told us who she was.

At the level she is at right now, she'd carve up Thanos in a heartbeat.

Edited by atomheartbevo

3 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:
  Reveal hidden contents

I think it's really going to piss her off, to a level we haven't seen, and we will get a Doctor Strange cameo in 8.

Agatha already told us who she was.

At the level she is at right now, she'd carve up Thanos in a heartbeat.

Wow that was a great ep. Agree that

Spoiler

Stephen Strange appears before the series ends. Side note: I’m looking forward to Wanda giving Hayward the treatment Willow gave Warren in BTVS

Damn if this isn’t some incredible television. Is it 2am next Friday yet?

Edited by Dutch
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Dutch said:

Wow that was a great ep. Agree that

Hide contents

Stephen Strange appears before the series ends. Side note: I’m looking forward to Wanda giving Hayward the treatment Willow gave Warren in BTVS

Damn if this isn’t some incredible television. Is it 2am next Friday yet?

Spoiler

Feigie said Wandavision leads straight into Doctor Strange 2.

I'm guessing the cameo/actor that Bettany said he wanted to work with was himself.

I'm just hoping Agatha Harkness survives.  Maybe get her own spinoff showing her life since Salem.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

Someone please spoiler explain to me 

Hide contents

1. who was the crowned lady in the infinity stone yellow merger when she gets her powers? 
2. what was the significance of the deed 

3. what was the significance of Agatha saying she had chaos magic?

Spoiler

The lady looked to me like a comics accurate Scarlet Witch. In the MCU Agatha says that Scarlet Witch is a mythical type of magic user, so I guess that was the spirit or embodiment of one giving Wanda her power up?

1 hour ago, Neonmoon said:

Someone please spoiler explain to me 

Reveal hidden contents

1. who was the crowned lady in the infinity stone yellow merger when she gets her powers? 
2. what was the significance of the deed 

3. what was the significance of Agatha saying she had chaos magic?

1. That is straight up

Spoiler

Wanda, in her comic book costume

EvMcLj9XMAI5FWL?format=jpg&name=medium

Spoiler

The deed was sent from Vision, signifying that he had planned a future where they grow old together.  

This was the final straw for Wanda.  She realized she had no family, no Vision, no future.

EvMB1BlXUAQSMOW?format=jpg&name=medium

Spoiler

It's supposed to be a myth, even within witchcraft

EvLBtoSWgAMDvd-?format=jpg&name=medium

Edited by atomheartbevo
  • Hook 'Em 4

Wandavision bigger than Bridgerton

https://variety.com/vip/wandavision-audience-bigger-than-netflixs-bridgerton-in-january-data-suggests-1234913691/

Despite not even having its entire first season available in January, Disney+’s “WandaVision” was unmatched in U.S. popularity by other titles across major video streaming platforms last month.   

That’s according to data provided exclusively to Variety Intelligence Platform by connected-TV analytics provider TVision, which found that “WandaVision” was the most viewed title of January 2021 across measured platforms. 

“WandaVision” had an indexed audience-size figure of 8,127, meaning it was nearly 81.3 times more viewed than the average title TVision measured across SVOD platforms in January. TVision determines viewing impressions by counting viewers who have watched a title for at least two minutes within a session of watching content for at least five minutes.

That figure bested comparable indexed audience-size figures for still–buzzy Christmas Day–debuting titles “Bridgerton” on Netflix and “Soul” on Disney+, which were the No. 2 and 3 most watched titles across platforms measured by TVision in January. 

It beat Cocomelon!

Wandavision cinematographer busted his ass

https://variety.com/2021/tv/features/wandavision-david-lynch-jess-hall-1234913289/

You wouldn’t be able to guess it while watching the visually complex and highly detailed “WandaVision,” but the Marvel Studios series on Disney Plus was cinematographer Jess Hall’s first time working on a television series. The cinematographer credits his experience with shooting Cannes Gold Lion and Silver D&AD award-winning commercials and his long-form work on films such as “The Spectacular Now” and “Hot Fuzz” as making him versatile enough to incorporate multiple cinematic styles throughout the show.

Hall utilized 47 different lenses (some custom modified) to recreate seven different sitcom eras in “WandaVision,” and went through a lot of literature and viewing to carefully craft lighting style, composition and camera movement.

It started with looking at literature about the history of sitcoms and then I went into watching a lot of sitcoms: what were the filmmaking techniques, what was the filmmaking vocabulary of the era across different sitcoms from each area? I was trying to figure out what tools filmmakers had at their disposal which influenced the decisions they made in terms of lighting techniques, which film stocks were available, what kind of camera platforms they were using, etcetera.

I had this master document, which I’d send [Matt Shakman] at the end of the day that would say, “OK the 1950s: we’re going to use this film, start with this type of lensing, this aspect ratio, this type of lighting, and then reference stills from different shows in the period.” I would collect stills from different shows of the era, and then I would analyze the color values, tend to the RGB values, and build a 20-color palette. We had absolute color values that could be translated across the art department and across the wardrobe department, and therefore, we could build a lot of coherence within the episode to get this authentic period look.

Alongside that was always a lot of camera testing. I was testing vintage lenses, vintage lighting and starting to work with the color side with the camera. [Working] with Josh Pines at Technicolor, I tried to build a high-level 4K HDR mastering quality and then, in a sense, reduce it down to a 35mm 1950s film look so it would look slightly in congress. There was a lot of color science that went into the camera.

• Hook 'Em 2

Spoiler

So I wonder if Monica has the same blue energy as the witches from Salem? 
Wife pointed out red + blue = purple. So does Agatha get her magic from a mix of “good magic”(blue) and chaos magic (red)? 

White Vision is a great touch from the comics.