Marvel's WandaVision on Disney+

mdmost

3 minutes ago, Speedtrucker said:

It’s going to have to be just a buddy cop show right? They can’t try and get too complex like this has been.

yeah it should be a bit simpler, however with Baron Zemo who knows? Really excited about him since I think he was one of their better villains, but also one of the most underused. Also they will have to dance a fine line with the political aspect with it looking like them introducing U.S. Agent.

1 hour ago, mdmost said:

I’m thinking it’s more of a conspiracy style thriller in the vein of Winter Soldier and I’m fine with that. It’s also only 6 episodes.

And hour long episodes. They’ve compared the action in this series to a full length MCU movie. 

1 minute ago, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

Can someone explain the end credits scene and spoiler it?  I am curious if that is from the actual comics.  I wasn’t sure what the object was that they used also. Thanks I will hang up and listen.

• Hook 'Em 1

10 hours ago, ajax said:

My god.

I don't see how Falcon and the Winter Soldier can top this. They're setting the bar pretty high right off the bat.

1 hour ago, Js1 said:

And hour long episodes. They’ve compared the action in this series to a full length MCU movie. 

Depends on what movie Falcon and the Winter Soldier is feeding into.

Wandavision is feeding directly into Doctor Strange 2, which feeds into Spiderman 3, so what is Falcon/WS feeding into?

Black Widow is set earlier than Falcon/WS, so it can't be that.   

Eternals is coming out in November, but seems a stretch, since Zemo, AFAIK, has nothing to do with them.

But....Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings comes out in July.  Ten Rings doesn't seem like much of a stretch. It's on SHIELD's radar.

58 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

It’s seemingly obvious, but has Disney outright stated that wandavision is a limited series?  

In January 2021, Schaeffer said she was unable to talk about any potential plans for a second season, but said the series would feel "very complete".[61] Feige did not rule out a second season, but pointed to the Phase Four film Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness(2022) as the continuation of the story set up in WandaVision.[62]

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/WandaVision

• Hook 'Em 1

23 minutes ago, ajax said:
  Hide contents

So I guess Magneto is not her dad in the MCU.

Spoiler

Not in this reality. There's a theory that MCU Wanda is like comics Wanda in that both are Nexus beings. They exist across all timelines. So in the next Spiderman, there's belief that Toby McGuire's Peter Parker, Andrew Garfield's Peter Parker, and Tom Holland's Peter Parker will all be in it. All exist as Peter Parker but across different timelines/realities/Earths. Wanda is the same Wanda across all timelines/realities. So in a different timeline/reality, Magneto could be her dad in one reality/Earth. In the MCU reality to date, her dad was just some Sokovian dude that got blown away on the couch with her mom. That's why having X-Men Pietro show us was a fun red herring. He's just a manifestation that Agatha created. But she reached across another timeline to bring that manifestation into the MCU reality. 

7 hours ago, mdmost said:
  Hide contents

Not in this reality. There's a theory that MCU Wanda is like comics Wanda in that both are Nexus beings. They exist across all timelines. So in the next Spiderman, there's belief that Toby McGuire's Peter Parker, Andrew Garfield's Peter Parker, and Tom Holland's Peter Parker will all be in it. All exist as Peter Parker but across different timelines/realities/Earths. Wanda is the same Wanda across all timelines/realities. So in a different timeline/reality, Magneto could be her dad in one reality/Earth. In the MCU reality to date, her dad was just some Sokovian dude that got blown away on the couch with her mom. That's why having X-Men Pietro show us was a fun red herring. He's just a manifestation that Agatha created. But she reached across another timeline to bring that manifestation into the MCU reality. 

good luck clearing tobey maguire’s schedule.  

So how did Hahn end up in the hex?  She didn’t create it. Doesn’t say she sensed it and was able to go in.  Dumb luck to be living there already?

I believe she says she was drawn to the hex because of its massive mystic power output.

So she tracks it down, inserts herself into the hex to find out who did it and eventually how.

Btw, did anyone else feel that Agatha holding the kiddos in front of her was tempting the scarlet witch to attack her? It seems like Agatha needs to leech power vs consuming them/their power
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Frank The Tank said:

She was the wife of Vision’s boss that came over for dinner in an early episode (maybe the first?) when they were in black and white. 

They also briefly showed Agatha’s “husband” and Vision’s coworker that he briefly woke up. Just their sad lives in Westview 

6 hours ago, Js1 said:

They also briefly showed Agatha’s “husband” and Vision’s coworker that he briefly woke up. Just their sad lives in Westview 

If you're talking about the black guy from the 70s version of the show I thought he was just another neighbor. 

11 hours ago, Buzzrock said:

Kathryn Hahn is fucking great. And fuck all the Marvel hate, that was awesome.

Who were all the people in town when she was first rolling through Westview? I thought I saw the mom from That 70s Show.

The mom from That 70s show was the wife of Vision's boss in the first ep when they came over for dinner.

46 minutes ago, d2o said:

Yeah the black guy is not Agatha's husband

19 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Well my fucking mistake. I def saw the boss’s wife and the coworker 

I still don't know if they're going anywhere with her husband Ralph or if it's just a take off of sitcom characters' oft mentioned by never seen partner, like Phyllis' husband from the Mary Tyler Moore show, or Norm's wife Vera from Cheers. Probably the later by this point.

Edited by Viper

2 minutes ago, Viper said:

I still don't know if they're going anywhere with her husband Ralph or if it's just a take off of sitcom characters' oft mentioned by never seen partner, like Phyllis' husband from the Mary Tyler Moore show, or Norm's wife Vera from Cheers. Probably the later by this point.

Yeah, I've seen a couple theories that say its just the old sitcom trope but a couple more that think it could be.....

Spoiler

Mephisto

3 minutes ago, d2o said:

Yeah, I've seen a couple theories that say its just the old sitcom trope but a couple more that think it could be.....

Reveal hidden contents

Mephisto

yeah that's what I was getting at. I could buy that theory but I think it's too late to reveal it now with only one episode left and so much already explained

Edited by Viper

15 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

One ep left for Agnes and Wanda to go on a wine-fueled exploration of each other’s bodies. 

FIFY, because how could you even type that? Wanda isn't a farm animal, after all.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Viper said:

yeah that's what I was getting at. I could buy that theory but I think it's too late to reveal it now with only one episode left and so much already explained

Agreed.  Granted, the rabbit has been in a lot of the shows, but that opening of the last episode, and then showing her taking on Wanda later on, shows that she's powerful as hell.

Mephisto would be a better season 2 foil.

I realy hope they explore Agatha in a season 2, or better yet, in a spinoff.

52 minutes ago, Viper said:

I hope they don't intro him in the very last episode.  They only have 50 min to "wrap it up" without either dropping plots or pushing the rest into DS2.  It should have been done already.