Marvel's WandaVision on Disney+

mdmost

I enjoyed the finale. It was bittersweet. The two end credit scenes set up CM2 and DS2. 

Spoiler

I'm glad Paul Bettany got a chance to really shine in this show. Vision really was the most human of all the characters, or at least possessing our best qualities. Part of me was hoping for Mephisto or Nightmare but that might've been too much to drop in this show. Plus, it's just Agatha being power hungry. I hope White Vision is a way to keep Bettany in the MCU. Scarlet Witch Wanda costume was great. I wish they went right into Falcon and Winter Soldier next instead of taking a week off. 

Spoiler

"You are my sadness. And my hope. But mostly you’re my love."

"We've said 'goodbye' before; we'll say 'hello' again."

spacer.png

Great episode to conclude an outstanding series of television.  I loved the mysterious nature of WandaVision, and the production values were simply off the charts for a television show*.  Marvel made an eight-hour movie here.  The bar is high for the next the rest of their series.

*Can we consider anything Disney+ puts out as "television" given their resources and willingness to shell them out to produce quality stuff? Imma say "no" given this evidence and The Mandalorian. It's big screen quality on the small screen.

Edited by Dutch
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

one thing that continues to bug me re:comics in general and it comes up here; hard to keep it straight which powers rank above others. and whether in the movies or comics, it's more a Marvel problem than D.C, though it comes up there as well...... depending on the what or the when, there seems to be at the minimum 3 characters in Endgame that could have beaten Thanos in a solo fight..

17 minutes ago, naija said:

one thing that continues to bug me re:comics in general and it comes up here; hard to keep it straight which powers rank above others. and whether in the movies or comics, it's more a Marvel problem than D.C, though it comes up there as well...... depending on the what or the when, there seems to be at the minimum 3 characters in Endgame that could have beaten Thanos in a solo fight..

Not Thanos with the Infinity Gauntlet

40 minutes ago, ernest_t_bass said:

SIAP or already asked.  What happened to White Vision?  Real Vision transferred all of his memories over to him, right?  So is he still out there alive, but is now the real vision?

That's the implication.  Well, it's not an implication, we saw him leave.  He'll probably show up in Doctor Strange.

Speaking of things not shown, apparently we were going to get a Senior Scratch turns into a fucking demon moment, being that he was Agatha's familiar, and was protecting the Darkhold, but they pulled it as there was too much other stuff happening in the last episode.

They filmed it through - the director was on Kevin Smith's Fatman podcast, and mentioned they had filmed it (the kids + Monica + Ralph + Darcy going for the Darkhold, as the kids had seen it and were going to guide Monica to it), but they did not finish the FX.  He was working on it right up until two weeks ago.

Would have been a cool moment, but yeah, the last episode was packed tight.

Thought the finale was just ok but the show was really different and cool.

At the end of the show it seems like it was just a long way to go to revive Vision and not much else. Wanda doesn’t know who or what she is but she’s gonna go homeschool for awhile in Canada. A bunch of innocent people got really screwed over.

Questions:
Where is Agatha? I thought she would be trapped in the Hex but the Hex is gone.

Where is Fietro? Gone with the Hex just like imaginary and her kids?

21 minutes ago, Buzzrock said:

At the end of the show it seems like it was just a long way to go to revive Vision and not much else. Wanda doesn’t know who or what she is but she’s gonna go homeschool for awhile in Canada. A bunch of innocent people got really screwed over.

Questions:

Spoiler

Did you miss where Fietro was just a Westview resident (Ralph Bohner) that Agatha used to trick Wanda?

31 minutes ago, Buzzrock said:

Questions:

Agatha is in westview. Wanda doesn't need the hex to control people. 

I admit it's all my fault, but I got caught up in the whole speculation whirlwind with this show. I was watching every youtube I could about things you missed, easter eggs, rumors, rampant speculation, etc. My interest was at its peak for the finale, and I was let down. I don't know if I'll watch FATWS with much hope. I'll go in this one with no expectations whatsoever.

On 3/9/2021 at 8:13 PM, Js1 said:
  Hide contents

Did you miss where Fietro was just a Westview resident (Ralph Bohner) that Agatha used to trick Wanda?

Spoiler

Yeah, but he could still run super fast, so that doesn't really make sense. Boner.?

Edited by hornian

1 minute ago, hornian said:
Spoiler

<spoiler>Yeah, but he could still run super fast, so that doesn't really make sense. Boner.</spoiler>?

I spoilered your spoiler.

Spoiler

That was Agatha's doing. He didn't actually have powers, just what Agatha gave him for the illusion.  Or else Wanda wouldn't believe it was her brother. 

I spoilered your spoiler.
Spoiler

That was Agatha's doing. He didn't actually have powers, just what Agatha gave him for the illusion.  Or else Wanda wouldn't believe it was her brother. 

I still don’t understand why they used the x-men actor. Was that just an Easter egg in plain sight?
  • Hook 'Em 1

39 minutes ago, Buzzrock said:

I still don’t understand why they used the x-men actor. Was that just an Easter egg in plain sight?

To f with people. Everyone's waiting for the X-Men's entry into the MCU and Feige had a little fun. He's not dropping the X-Men's first appearance into a TV show, no matter how awesome it is. Same with Reed Richards. 

Don't have the whole interview, but Kevin Feige came out and said they expect to have MCU characters moving back and forth between TV series on Disney+ and Marvel movies, but they don't want to talk about future seasons of TV shows, and he name dropped WandaVision, because that would possibly spoil movies.  Namely that if we knew there was a season 2 of WandaVision coming, that would imply certain things about Doctor Strange 2, etc.

So basically we'll find out after Doctor Strange 2.

26 minutes ago, 'stache said:

I'm not sure how they could recreate Wandavision 2. It was based on circumstances that no longer exist. Is she gonna go crazy again and terrorize another town?

I've got some pretty great ideas but I don't think Disney would go for them. 

On 3/6/2021 at 1:30 AM, remoh said:

This is the worst show ever made. 

It really was boring as fuck. I like Marvel, but this bored both me and my wife, and she watches dumb ass reality shows. Super letdown. I watched all 9 episodes and the ending was dumb as hell. Absolutely pointless to make Evan Peters "Ralph Bohner". Derp. So stupid. 

On 3/11/2021 at 2:03 AM, jetsfan76 said:

I admit it's all my fault, but I got caught up in the whole speculation whirlwind with this show. I was watching every youtube I could about things you missed, easter eggs, rumors, rampant speculation, etc. My interest was at its peak for the finale, and I was let down. I don't know if I'll watch FATWS with much hope. I'll go in this one with no expectations whatsoever.

Did you check out New Rockstars or Heavy Spoilers? They're great with that stuff 

5 hours ago, 'stache said:

I'm not sure how they could recreate Wandavision 2. It was based on circumstances that no longer exist. Is she gonna go crazy again and terrorize another town?

There's plenty of comic book storylines they could take for Wanda and/or Vision, as well as tell Agatha's history.

But it depends on what happens in Doctor Strange 2.

Feige indicated that due to the success of Wanda and Mandalorian, that Disney is opening up the checkbook, and that they will do more Marvel series (that haven't already been announced), and they will keep production values extremely high. 

On 3/13/2021 at 9:59 AM, Machinator said:

Anyone watch the behind the scenes episode? Is it worth the time?

I liked it but I'm a sucker for behind-the-scenes, making of featurettes. To be honest, it's nothing that revelatory but it's thorough and a good showcase for the production value that the show had. Plus fun to hear the actors talk about it and the experience making it.

8 hours ago, LonghornSean said:

I liked it but I'm a sucker for behind-the-scenes, making of featurettes. To be honest, it's nothing that revelatory but it's thorough and a good showcase for the production value that the show had. Plus fun to hear the actors talk about it and the experience making it.

Although I'm not sure I'm onboard with their insistence that the sitcom episodes were soooo funny.

Binged the season in a day and a half. It was awesome the first 2/3; the last two episodes really went downhill fast with the finale being a wet fart. Would give it an 8/10 though for the creativity and interesting concept that is the first 2/3 of the movie before devolving into cgi goofiness.

Have read the thread and will agree and disagree on the two hottest take themes: 1) Hahn is awesome and needs her own vehicle. 2) genuine confusion on the fetishizing of the autistic STEM girl. Seems like Sia was cancelled for less.

Edited by DonkeyCigars
  • Haha 1

On 3/3/2021 at 10:36 PM, atomheartbevo said:
  1. Wanda vs Agatha
  2. What will happen to her kids
  3. What will happen to Hex Vision
  4. What will happen to Fietro
  5. What will  happen to the townsfolk and The Hex as a whole
  6. What is Monica/Photon going to do?
  7. What is White Vision going to do?
  8. What is an “awake” Darcy going to do?  And will Jimmy come into play?

That’s  a shitload of stuff to resolve in less than an hour.  

So they actually answered everything except what happened to White Vision.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

https://deadline.com/2021/10/kathryn-hahn-wandavision-spinoff-disney-plus-deal-marvel-1234851541/

Kathryn Hahn To Headline ‘WandaVision’ Spinoff In Works At Disney+ As Part Of Marvel Deal

By Nellie Andreeva
October 7, 2021 8:35am

Marvel Studios is developing a spinoff of Emmy-winning WandaVision for Disney+, sources confirm to Deadline. The potential spinoff would center on Kathryn Hahn’s Agatha Harkness character, which Hahn is set to reprise across the MCU — on streaming and in movies — under a larger deal she has made with the studio, sources said.

Wandavision is a genre-bending series created for Disney+ by Jac Schaeffer, which picks up weeks after the events of Avengers: Endgame. It centers on Wanda (Elizabeth Olsen) and Vision (Paul Bettany), two superpowered beings living their ideal suburban lives in the town of Westview, NJ, who begin to suspect that everything is not as it seems. Hahn’s Agatha Harkness, a witch from Salem, was a fan-favorite breakout character, earning the actress her second career Emmy nomination to date (her first was for Transparent).

Schaeffer would serve as writer and executive producer on the Harkness spinoff, which was first reported by Deadline’s sister pub Variety. Schaeffer is under a joint overall deal with Marvel and 20th Television.

Hahn is repped by Gersh, Lighthouse Management & Media and Schreck Rose Dapello.

• Like 2
  • Drool 1